Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,578 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

dave1812's Posts

Verizon has pushed me over the edge.   I am not going to sit still for this nonsense of never getting a decent 4G phone.   The LG is crap.   The Charge is super-crap.   The Moto 4G isn't to my li... See more...
Verizon has pushed me over the edge.   I am not going to sit still for this nonsense of never getting a decent 4G phone.   The LG is crap.   The Charge is super-crap.   The Moto 4G isn't to my liking either.    I've been waiting IMPATIENTLY for a 4G phone such as the Samsung GS2 forever.   Time for me to see which other carrier will be getting that phone soon.    Verizon you are too frickin' arrogant.    Just because you have a decent network does not mean I will stick with crappy phones like my awful Storm 2 or buy crap like the 3 aforementioned 4G phones.     I've been with Verizon for 10 years and some months my bill was over $220 due to additional hardware.   Currently it runs over $150.    I have spent more than $15,000 over the years.   Verizon--the gravy train is about to end.
U are confused.   smartphone require their own dataplan.   Why on earth would you expect that you would just use the wifi feature of a MiFi to access data for a phone?   The MiFI is for devices t... See more...
U are confused.   smartphone require their own dataplan.   Why on earth would you expect that you would just use the wifi feature of a MiFi to access data for a phone?   The MiFI is for devices that don't have a 3G connection, such as a laptop or ipod Touch.   Seems to me you just aren't familar with what a MiFi is used for.
Features sometimes get removed in newer version of ANYTHING, be it hardware or software.  It is what it is.  I wouldn't expect that a hundred programmers will be toiling through the night to add ... See more...
Features sometimes get removed in newer version of ANYTHING, be it hardware or software.  It is what it is.  I wouldn't expect that a hundred programmers will be toiling through the night to add that feature back in just because you personally are upset.
obviously the home PC (the one that's got a printer hooked up to it) has be on the MiFi when u want to print.  
I pay $60 for 5GB for my MiFi.   Verizon offers a 5GB plan for the Pre Plus which can act as a hotspot for 5 devices, just like the MiFi.  I called and asked why am I paying $20 more and they sai... See more...
I pay $60 for 5GB for my MiFi.   Verizon offers a 5GB plan for the Pre Plus which can act as a hotspot for 5 devices, just like the MiFi.  I called and asked why am I paying $20 more and they said there's nothing they can do about it.  WHAT A RIP OFF!   Verizon you are being very unreasonable!  Do you not think your loyal customers deserve to be treated fairly?   DROP THE PRICE OF THE PLANS FOR THE MIFI!!!
Return it.  If another one does it, get your money back and try something else.
Overages can be scary!   Do you have the $40 or $60 plan?  I use the $60 plan and never come close to using even 1/2 my alloted GB, but the first month I was paranoid about it until I realized ... See more...
Overages can be scary!   Do you have the $40 or $60 plan?  I use the $60 plan and never come close to using even 1/2 my alloted GB, but the first month I was paranoid about it until I realized I could use the MiFi every day for my purposes and not worry about data usage.  What specifically are you using yours for?  We seldom connect my MiFi to a PC.  Mostly it's used for Touchs, which aren't data hogs.
one of the forums I was on last week had a HUGE thread on android and much of it was devoted to the issue of bluetooth.    the thread is over 300 pages long...   http://www.howardforums.com/sho... See more...
one of the forums I was on last week had a HUGE thread on android and much of it was devoted to the issue of bluetooth.    the thread is over 300 pages long...   http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1580661&page=304&pp=15    
just a guess, but maybe there is an option on the phone that hides "read messages".  dig around
I warned my local Verizon store about the lack of BT VD and they were totally in the dark about it until I mentioned it.  The salesman ran back to the back room to try the one droid they had prio... See more...
I warned my local Verizon store about the lack of BT VD and they were totally in the dark about it until I mentioned it.  The salesman ran back to the back room to try the one droid they had prior to release and sure enough he came back and confirmed it didn't work.   I told them they need to be upfront about this issue with their customers because many people that live in states with hands-free driving laws are gonna be p'oed about the Android phones all lacking that basic feature.    I would have been very interested in a droid, save for the BT issue.
u can toggle wifi on/off when charging if u get the update.  The update works great.  I recommend u get it.   It's no faster.  I've seen no negatives to the update.
What were u thinking, buying a MiFi for daily use by 3 people???  No way can u stay under the cap with all the updates to Windows and viewing videos, etc.   U bought the wrong product, man!  I lo... See more...
What were u thinking, buying a MiFi for daily use by 3 people???  No way can u stay under the cap with all the updates to Windows and viewing videos, etc.   U bought the wrong product, man!  I love my MiFi but I only rarely use it with a computer.  Primary use is for ipod Touch.  I rarely go over 1GB per month.  U may need to bite the bullet, pay the ETF, and get a "real" internet service for your family.   Comcast allows 250GB per month.
What'sthe point in using the MiFi with a Storm2, which has built in wifi?  I have both and only tried  it once for grins and got lousy speed.    btw, the default password (key) is printed on th... See more...
What'sthe point in using the MiFi with a Storm2, which has built in wifi?  I have both and only tried  it once for grins and got lousy speed.    btw, the default password (key) is printed on the back of the MiFi....
Mac users know that by eschewing Windows they are foregoing universal software compatibility.  Anyone with special needs should be aware that their best bet for finding software available for the... See more...
Mac users know that by eschewing Windows they are foregoing universal software compatibility.  Anyone with special needs should be aware that their best bet for finding software available for their products is with the Windows ecosystem, which commands 92% of the market.
It has the same functions as a "regular" router.  LAN, VPN, etc.
Download the latest firmware release (just came out yesterday).   The MiFi might be in sleep mode.  You can change it to not sleep at all.  In  a browser, go to 192.168.1.1 and change the defau... See more...
Download the latest firmware release (just came out yesterday).   The MiFi might be in sleep mode.  You can change it to not sleep at all.  In  a browser, go to 192.168.1.1 and change the defaults.  Go to Advanced, Power, and set it to "Never".  Click Apply.  
You can get your data usage by logging into your verizonwireless account and viewing the Mifi data usage (the MiFI is assigned a phone number,  so select that instead of your cell phone's number)... See more...
You can get your data usage by logging into your verizonwireless account and viewing the Mifi data usage (the MiFI is assigned a phone number,  so select that instead of your cell phone's number).  The usage tracking can be from a day to several days behind, so make allowances for that if you are nearing your limit!
One of the things that has been a pain was  that when the MiFi is being charged, we couldn't stop it from broadcasting.  That has been fixed.  Now you can click the button momentarily to toggle w... See more...
One of the things that has been a pain was  that when the MiFi is being charged, we couldn't stop it from broadcasting.  That has been fixed.  Now you can click the button momentarily to toggle wifi ON or wifi OFF when charging the unit!!  HOORAY!!
After the initial setup (activation) of the Mifi you don't EVER have to SEE or USE the Manager  program again if you don't want to.  I use the MiFi with our Touchs and they aren't even computers.... See more...
After the initial setup (activation) of the Mifi you don't EVER have to SEE or USE the Manager  program again if you don't want to.  I use the MiFi with our Touchs and they aren't even computers.