Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,954 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

cynkron's Posts

Still not fixed.  Multiple Verizon customer support representatives have promised that updates would fix it but it's been almost a year since I first had the problem.  The functionality of Verizon Me... See more...
Still not fixed.  Multiple Verizon customer support representatives have promised that updates would fix it but it's been almost a year since I first had the problem.  The functionality of Verizon Message+ has multi-device syncing functionality that is not duplicated in any other text app because Message+ is integrated with Verizon's cloud.  It's shameful that Verizon hasn't fixed this and is not transparent about their plans in this regard.
What you're missing about Pulse is that I started using it the first time in April of 2018 because Verizon Message plus was having its own syncing problems, not because of the watch as I wasn't u... See more...
What you're missing about Pulse is that I started using it the first time in April of 2018 because Verizon Message plus was having its own syncing problems, not because of the watch as I wasn't using the watch then.  I then had even worse syncing problems with Pulse, worked with Luke (the developer) to try all the things, which never solved the problem and were a lot of work and lost me texts.  I kept trying for a couple of months, continuing to check in with Luke.  I was not syncing with my watch at this time so it was not a factor.  I was syncing across two windows machines (a win7 desktop and a win10 laptop), an Android phone (S7) and an Android tablet (Samsung Galaxy Pro 12.2) and it was never reliable.  Luke gave up trying to help as I think it's a small project for him and he wasn't able to (or interested in) resolving the syncing problem.  Message Plus started syncing again reliably (it always synced, just not reliably) so I went back to it.  The watch problem is newer to me because I just tried (again) to use my watch in November 2018 after not using it for a long time for other reasons, and in the meantime the watch os was updated.  Pulse isn't robust enough and doesn't have the support - fair enough, one guy shop - but Verizon has millions of customers who all text, some large number of them are or will be android wear watch wearers who want texts on their watches AND synced across other devices.  They should be big enough to get this done if they put their will behind it.
I called on this again today.  I was told that it's a known issue and that they (Veronica) will contact the network team and include her supervisor.   Nine months later is obscene for this issue ... See more...
I called on this again today.  I was told that it's a known issue and that they (Veronica) will contact the network team and include her supervisor.   Nine months later is obscene for this issue to not be resolved, and given that they would have gotten advance notice from Google about the Android Wear OS update before it was rolled out, we're likely talking about a year or more lag in addressing this issue. FYI - I paid for a lifetime license for Pulse (an independent text syncing app) and had nothing but problems with the syncing being inconsistent or breaking.  Numerous emails back and forth with the (very nice) developer with instructions to reset and resync and reinstall would seem to fix the problem in the short term but never in the long term.  I couldn't trust the syncing and would have to go looking across devices for missing texts.  NOT a solution.   FYI2:  I have a Moto 360 Sport, which is still a supported device.  I've been told by various "techs" at Verizon that it was because of the age of my watch, but my watch is still getting updates (up to yesterday, in Jan 2019) and this issue is true of all Android Wear devices on Verizon, even ones purchased today.  This is a very big failure on Verizon's part.  What is a phone without texts, and having to choose between text notifications and text syncing (which I use ALL THE TIME) across devices is untenable.   Verizon Messages / text syncing is one of the biggest reasons I stay with Verizon, it's that valuable to me.  Verizon is selling expensive smart watches today and not supporting them.  VERY DISRESPECTFUL TO YOUR CUSTOMERS, VERIZON. I have been a Verizon customer since 2000 (19 years).  I pay a lot for this service that I could get cheaper through an NVMO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) except they don't do text syncing.  Really, it's like that.
I have the same issue.  You CAN force wifi calling by turning on airplane mode (which turns off all cellular and radios) and then turning Wifi back on.  It's a pain because you need to remember w... See more...
I have the same issue.  You CAN force wifi calling by turning on airplane mode (which turns off all cellular and radios) and then turning Wifi back on.  It's a pain because you need to remember when you come home and again when you leave.  It would be much easier if Verizon would add either a higher threshold for cell service quality to switch to wifi calling OR gave us a setting to default to wifi if available, but at this time you need to punch a bunch of toggles.  Once you do, it works great. Another workaround would be if Google allowed tasker or trigger or llama apps to automate the toggle cellular or airplane modes without rooting to get around their lock, but as of 5.1.1 this is not possible either.  Bother.  It's better than nothing, just not as good or easy as it should be.