Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,562 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

502k's Posts

Monty, Thank you for adding that.  I have been presuming that this only occurs when the group message originates from an iPhone.  Since you have the same issue with two Android's, maybe it's the rec... See more...
Monty, Thank you for adding that.  I have been presuming that this only occurs when the group message originates from an iPhone.  Since you have the same issue with two Android's, maybe it's the receiving phone that matters. BTW, since the latest update to the app, Message+ now crashes repeatedly when trying to download a group message.  I have to delete the thread to make it stable.  It seems like this should be something that works.  Anyone have any suggestions on alternative apps for SMS/MMS messaging?
Hi Andrew, Location doesn't seem to matter.  It seems to be only when the group message originates from an iPhone.  And it happens on cell signal not just on wifi.
I'd like to refresh this conversation.  I'm on version 6.7.11 and this issue still persists.
I'm on 6.6.6 which I believe is the latest. I'll try the reset as suggested. ThamT you for the suggestion.
Thank you for your response.  Unless I'm on a plane, I will have the cellular data connection on.  And I haven't noticed any difference.  I have fiddled with a few settings.  Currently, "Sync ove... See more...
Thank you for your response.  Unless I'm on a plane, I will have the cellular data connection on.  And I haven't noticed any difference.  I have fiddled with a few settings.  Currently, "Sync over WiFi only" is OFF.  I haven't found a way to force the download to happen.  At this very moment, I have two texts that show downloading.  I am certain that they are group texts/responses. It's a bit frustrating.
Sure.  Here's what I see..... I get a text message (see 8:31 AM) from an individual that looks like this: Then a couple of hours later, once it downloads, that text (see 8:31 AM) become... See more...
Sure.  Here's what I see..... I get a text message (see 8:31 AM) from an individual that looks like this: Then a couple of hours later, once it downloads, that text (see 8:31 AM) becomes a group message (MMS):   Any ideas?
Google Pixel user here with version 6.6.4 of Message+. When someone sends a group text to me that wasn't created in Message+, I see "Downloading" in the senders individual thread.  If others r... See more...
Google Pixel user here with version 6.6.4 of Message+. When someone sends a group text to me that wasn't created in Message+, I see "Downloading" in the senders individual thread.  If others reply, I will see "Downloading" in their individual thread.  It will usually eventually show up correctly (as a group text).  This can take minutes, or hours or days.  Sometimes killing the app and launching again can trigger the download to complete. This is not specific to this device.  It happens to a couple of other phones I have on Verizon.   I have trued changing: "Enable Chat", "Auto-Retrieve", "Group Conversations". How can I fix this? Thanks.