Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,403 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

DigitalRules's Posts

A slight pause/change in the ring. Most callers won't even notice. . . .
With the right phone, set up properly, voice calls are much better on a smartphone. (For me anyway, Loud speakerphone, excellent notifications, transcribed voicemails, great battery life. . . . )... See more...
With the right phone, set up properly, voice calls are much better on a smartphone. (For me anyway, Loud speakerphone, excellent notifications, transcribed voicemails, great battery life. . . . ) Not sure which phone you have, but I don't have these problems. To be honest, I didn't like the smartphone that much at first, but have grown to like it as I have learned how to make it work for my needs.
I would consider a GOOD signal booster if signal is usable outside the house. Network extenders are dependent on a good stable internet connection & frequently disappoint, I would also conside... See more...
I would consider a GOOD signal booster if signal is usable outside the house. Network extenders are dependent on a good stable internet connection & frequently disappoint, I would also consider a different provider that has a tower closer to your home. Talk to your neighbors & see what they are using.
You may have to use Google Voice or another 3rd party app for Wi-Fi calling. As you have noticed, Verizon's  implementation won't let you force Wi-Fi.
Oops, was wrong about forwarding through Google Voice. The call will have to be forwarded through Verizon using either; *71(call forwarded if no answer)- I suggest this one --OR-- *72 (immed... See more...
Oops, was wrong about forwarding through Google Voice. The call will have to be forwarded through Verizon using either; *71(call forwarded if no answer)- I suggest this one --OR-- *72 (immediate forwarding) There is no charge for call forwarding with unlimited talk plans.
Yes they will either have to call you using your Google Voice number, OR you can configure your Google Voice settings to forward the call if the cell number is dialed.
As a workaround you can use the Google Hangouts dialer for Wi-Fi calling on your phone. It doesn't fix the core issue, but it does work well.
Unfortunately putting up cell towers near mega airports is a challenge with all the height restrictions created by low flying aircraft.
No, they used to include major holidays many years ago, but not any more.
I seriously doubt it. The Droid Maxx is pretty much a Verizon only phone & it is already dated in respect to the bands presently used by Verizon.
Go into settings, then "Cellular". Check to see if the phone is set to "Data Only" or "Voice & Data". I'm guessing it is on "Voice & Data". If so change to "Data Only" & this should help. Let us ... See more...
Go into settings, then "Cellular". Check to see if the phone is set to "Data Only" or "Voice & Data". I'm guessing it is on "Voice & Data". If so change to "Data Only" & this should help. Let us know what you find.
Are you seeing this issue with more than one phone number? Are you using an area code when dialing?
Good suggestions from Ann. Just to clarify, the phone works fine everywhere except the house?
1 1/2, maybe 4 years depending on usage. Battery life can be extended by not letting the phone get below 30 to 40% on a regular basis. Battery replacement starts at ~$50.00 depending on the phone... See more...
1 1/2, maybe 4 years depending on usage. Battery life can be extended by not letting the phone get below 30 to 40% on a regular basis. Battery replacement starts at ~$50.00 depending on the phone & location. Here are some good tips. http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/mobile-phone/how-charge-phones-battery-3619623/
Try turning "Advanced Calling" ON (or OFF if already on) & see if that helps. If the phone is anything like the previous Droid Turbo, there isn't much hope. I took the Turbo back due to low vo... See more...
Try turning "Advanced Calling" ON (or OFF if already on) & see if that helps. If the phone is anything like the previous Droid Turbo, there isn't much hope. I took the Turbo back due to low volume/horrible call quality issues. Only using the speakerphone helped. The only fairly recent Motorola phone I found to have good sound quality & an abundance of earpiece volume is the 2013 Droid Maxx.  The only problem is they don't make it any more No current smartphones sound as good or loud as my ancient LG flip phone that has survived 2 trips to the washing machine
As long as the replacement phone is not locked, you should be able to swap Sim cards between the 2 phones. Is the replacement phone the same model?
Yes, the victim mentality is quite popular today
Yep, you will have to look to the US government for a truly free phone. http://www.obamaphone.com/started-obama-phone-program
Did you have any issues with text before getting the extender?
Time for a new battery. Last time I checked around, it costs ~$50.00 at local phone repair shops here.