We appreciate those details ROCK7X7 and want to ensure we continue working towards a solution. Can you tell us about how long the battery is lasting after it is fully charged? Are you using the o... Ver más...
We appreciate those details ROCK7X7 and want to ensure we continue working towards a solution. Can you tell us about how long the battery is lasting after it is fully charged? Are you using the original charger that came with the phone or a different charger that you purchased? Does the device have any physical/liquid damage at all?
We appreciate those details tarnacle and want to ensure we continue working towards a solution. To be sure we have a complete understanding, can you clarify what app you installed on your iPad wh... Ver más...
We appreciate those details tarnacle and want to ensure we continue working towards a solution. To be sure we have a complete understanding, can you clarify what app you installed on your iPad when this issue began? rashadm_vzw Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
We understand wanting to know options for using your phone while traveling FIZ. We are happy to help. If you are connected to WiFi, you can use any Internet related services on your device at no ... Ver más...
We understand wanting to know options for using your phone while traveling FIZ. We are happy to help. If you are connected to WiFi, you can use any Internet related services on your device at no additional cost. Any service used that requires a cellular connection would incur additional charges. You can view the rates and available plan options by logging in to your account online here International Trip Planner | Verizon Wireless  .
We appreciate your efforts floydawg and want to ensure we continue working towards a solution. To be sure we have a complete understanding on the issue, is the muffled sound occurring on phone ca... Ver más...
We appreciate your efforts floydawg and want to ensure we continue working towards a solution. To be sure we have a complete understanding on the issue, is the muffled sound occurring on phone calls or when using other apps on your device? Do you have a case that covers the speakers on your phone?
We understand the importance of ensuring your phone displays the time correctly IalreadyHaveAnAccount. We want to be sure to get this issue resolved. Are you using the default clock app on the de... Ver más...
We understand the importance of ensuring your phone displays the time correctly IalreadyHaveAnAccount. We want to be sure to get this issue resolved. Are you using the default clock app on the device or are you using a different app that you downloaded? Does the issue with the time happen in one specific location or does it happen anywhere you are?
It is disappointing to read about your experience toracat. We want to be sure to get this addressed. As aarons420 mentioned, you can send us a DM on Twitter or reach out to us in a private messag... Ver más...
It is disappointing to read about your experience toracat. We want to be sure to get this addressed. As aarons420 mentioned, you can send us a DM on Twitter or reach out to us in a private message on Facebook. We await your message and look forward to assisting you further. RashadM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
We want to be sure your phone is working the way it should deejay62. Let's work together to get this resolved. When did this issue begin? Are you able to see the names associated with the phone n... Ver más...
We want to be sure your phone is working the way it should deejay62. Let's work together to get this resolved. When did this issue begin? Are you able to see the names associated with the phone numbers if you go to the Contacts list on your device? RashadM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Being able to text from your Tablet is a convenient feature letitride. We are happy to help. What model tablet are you using? Do you already have Verizon messages set up on the phone number you w... Ver más...
Being able to text from your Tablet is a convenient feature letitride. We are happy to help. What model tablet are you using? Do you already have Verizon messages set up on the phone number you want to use to send/receive messages using your tablet? RashadM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
We want to be sure to provide the answers you need Jjhills. To clarify, are you stating that your call logs show a phone number when you are calling to check your voicemail? Please provide additi... Ver más...
We want to be sure to provide the answers you need Jjhills. To clarify, are you stating that your call logs show a phone number when you are calling to check your voicemail? Please provide additional details so we can further assist. RashadM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
We understand wanting to know your options for getting the device you want. I know you mentioned you have had your device for a couple months which means you are outside of our return period. Are... Ver más...
We understand wanting to know your options for getting the device you want. I know you mentioned you have had your device for a couple months which means you are outside of our return period. Are you purchasing your iPhone through our device payment plan? If so, you do have the option of paying the device off and then upgrading to any device of your choice. RashadM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Thank you for the additional details Urquie. We want to continue to work towards a resolution. Which specific model Droid device are you using? Do you use any other voice or speech to text servic... Ver más...
Thank you for the additional details Urquie. We want to continue to work towards a resolution. Which specific model Droid device are you using? Do you use any other voice or speech to text services on the device outside of the car? If so, are you having trouble with those as well? RashadM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
We understand the importance of making sure your funds are applied to the account correctly rebecca.m. Let's make sure this gets resolved. Please reach out to our Prepaid Team directly at 888-294... Ver más...
We understand the importance of making sure your funds are applied to the account correctly rebecca.m. Let's make sure this gets resolved. Please reach out to our Prepaid Team directly at 888-294-6804 or online here Contact Us | Verizon Wireless  . They will definitely be able to further assist. RashadM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
We want to be sure your camera is working the way it should ivyabbie. Let's see what we need to do to get this fixed. Does the device have any physical/liquid damage? Were there any new apps or u... Ver más...
We want to be sure your camera is working the way it should ivyabbie. Let's see what we need to do to get this fixed. Does the device have any physical/liquid damage? Were there any new apps or updates to your device around the time the issue began? RashadM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
We want to be sure you have the answers you need lchan51. Although we are not able to confirm what software version you have on your device since you do not currently have it, we can confirm that... Ver más...
We want to be sure you have the answers you need lchan51. Although we are not able to confirm what software version you have on your device since you do not currently have it, we can confirm that the latest available software version for that device is 3.09.605.7. We do not have any additional information available to us about the versions 4, 5, and 6 you mentioned. RashadM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
We want to be sure your messaging is working the way it should dthomsabino. Let's see what we need to do to get this issue resolved. What messaging app are you using on your device? Were there an... Ver más...
We want to be sure your messaging is working the way it should dthomsabino. Let's see what we need to do to get this issue resolved. What messaging app are you using on your device? Were there any changes to the device around the time the issue began such as new apps, app updates, or software updates? RashadM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
We always want to be sure you are getting the reliable service you deserve dukecati. Let's see what we need to do to get this resolved. Can you tell us approximately when this issue began? What i... Ver más...
We always want to be sure you are getting the reliable service you deserve dukecati. Let's see what we need to do to get this resolved. Can you tell us approximately when this issue began? What is the zip code where you are located? Is issue only inside your home or do you have trouble outside as well? RashadM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
We want to be sure you are getting the reliable signal you deserve GotVic. Let's see what we need to do to get this issue resolved. I know you mentioned that you have experienced the issue with b... Ver más...
We want to be sure you are getting the reliable signal you deserve GotVic. Let's see what we need to do to get this issue resolved. I know you mentioned that you have experienced the issue with both devices. Have we tried a different SIM card in the phones? Does the service issue happen in one specific location or does it happen anywhere you are? RashadM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
We want to be sure everything on your phone is working the way it should tatem21. Suzy Q asked some great questions to put us on the right path to get this resolved. I have sent you a direct mess... Ver más...
We want to be sure everything on your phone is working the way it should tatem21. Suzy Q asked some great questions to put us on the right path to get this resolved. I have sent you a direct message so we can further assist. RashadM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
We want to be sure you are able to use your device to its full potential jac799. Let's continue working towards a resolution. Just to clarify is Gmail the only email account you have on your devi... Ver más...
We want to be sure you are able to use your device to its full potential jac799. Let's continue working towards a resolution. Just to clarify is Gmail the only email account you have on your device? If not, do you experience the same issue with the other email accounts as well? Does issue only occur within the email app or do you also have trouble with typing in other apps as well such as text messaging? RashadM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
We understand wanting to know your options as an account manager cuttiiejaay. I want to be sure we provide you with the information you need. To clarify, can you explain what safeguards and contr... Ver más...
We understand wanting to know your options as an account manager cuttiiejaay. I want to be sure we provide you with the information you need. To clarify, can you explain what safeguards and controls you are referring to? You can get answers to many questions about what account managers are able to do here Assign Account Manager FAQs | Verizon Wireless  RashadM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!