Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,746 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

emerald_eyez's Posts

Each phone is defaulted to a certain time limit like 20-25 seconds of rings whether it's 4 or 6 rings.  There isn't a way to actually change it from the phone and I've spoken to tech support and ... See more...
Each phone is defaulted to a certain time limit like 20-25 seconds of rings whether it's 4 or 6 rings.  There isn't a way to actually change it from the phone and I've spoken to tech support and they aren't able to do it either.  The phones all register rings differently.
My sister has the iPhone 6 on a More Everything plan and it works.  So, I'm guessing it's More Everything and the new Verizon Plans too.
Wi-Fi Calling is available on IoS 9.3 at least.  So, you would need to update the phone software and then it is either under Cellular or Phone in Settings. 
If you want something like Binge On, try Verizon's go90 application.  You can stream music, shows, etc on it without hitting your data allowance Go90 - primetime shows, live music & sports ... See more...
If you want something like Binge On, try Verizon's go90 application.  You can stream music, shows, etc on it without hitting your data allowance Go90 - primetime shows, live music & sports | Verizon Wireless
I know that Verizon carried the ATIV for awhile, I have on myself and I love it.  I think they discontinued it a this past fall actually.  Not sure what's in store for more Windows phones yet!
I don't think he was directly calling you buttercup.  It's just a phrase.  Forums have both the bad and the good and when you put them together you can actually get some really great debates.  So... See more...
I don't think he was directly calling you buttercup.  It's just a phrase.  Forums have both the bad and the good and when you put them together you can actually get some really great debates.  So, people who have good things to say about it can state points as well as people who have possibly negative things to say.  Debate is good for the brain.
It's really refreshing to see a positive post on the forums!  I'm glad you had a great experience   I know that I've called customer service and they've been able to send compliments along to t... See more...
It's really refreshing to see a positive post on the forums!  I'm glad you had a great experience   I know that I've called customer service and they've been able to send compliments along to the store to give to the rep. 
You'd be surprised how many people have unlimited and use less than 5GB just to say they have it or for those rare times when they MIGHT need it.  Verizon isn't forcing people to give it up.  Unl... See more...
You'd be surprised how many people have unlimited and use less than 5GB just to say they have it or for those rare times when they MIGHT need it.  Verizon isn't forcing people to give it up.  Unlimited data came out when the average use for it was emails and very minimal things.  No one had any idea the capabilities of phones at that point.  With everything you can do with it, it's logical that the price would rise to match the capabilities of smartphones now.  AND Verizon is giving options for unlimited users to get new phones!  Pay $25 a month for a brand new phone instead of $500-700 all at once?  If having unlimited means that much to you, then you must use a lot of data each month.
Buying the phones at retail price to keep unlimited data was a personal choice though.  If you are using minimal data, it doesn't make sense to put yourself through that financial burden.  I can ... See more...
Buying the phones at retail price to keep unlimited data was a personal choice though.  If you are using minimal data, it doesn't make sense to put yourself through that financial burden.  I can completely understand if you are using 50+ GB per month and need unlimited.  But it seems most people only keep it because it's unlimited or a just in case.  I have 3 lines on my account with 10GB and haven't had an issue.  If the cost is too high, there are lower options.  Just need to gauge your own usage and find out if unlimited is worth the price or not.
The 5s should be unlocked for you.  You will need a new SIM card with Verizon which the store can provide.  The only thing I see being an issue is service compatibility.  I know AT&T phones work ... See more...
The 5s should be unlocked for you.  You will need a new SIM card with Verizon which the store can provide.  The only thing I see being an issue is service compatibility.  I know AT&T phones work on Verizon just fine and I have seen some Sprint phones activate as well.  Just need to get a SIM card and if it activates you are good to go.  I did it with my sister's iPhone 5c and it worked, so I'm guessing the 5s shouldn't have a problem!
A very easy to use and easy to set up texting application that I've been using for a long time is called Kik.  It's simple, fast and easy to use.  A ton of my friends have swapped to it instead o... See more...
A very easy to use and easy to set up texting application that I've been using for a long time is called Kik.  It's simple, fast and easy to use.  A ton of my friends have swapped to it instead of just regular text messaging.  You can send pictures and videos easily and just scan in a friend's kik code for easy adding as well if needed.  You can save your conversations just in case you need to as well.
When is your contract up?  If it's close, the Verizon Plan might be a better choice since the line accesses are only $20 once you are out of contract. 
If you sell the phone on a third party site, you need to cancel service with Verizon for the phone number that was attached to that phone or the buyer will not be able to use it.  So yes, call Ve... See more...
If you sell the phone on a third party site, you need to cancel service with Verizon for the phone number that was attached to that phone or the buyer will not be able to use it.  So yes, call Verizon and let them know that you want to disconnect the line so they can get it canceled.
This happened to me as well with mine!  I had to turn on advanced calling and it fixed the issue and I haven't had trouble sense.  Go to settings - advanced calling - activate advanced calling.  ... See more...
This happened to me as well with mine!  I had to turn on advanced calling and it fixed the issue and I haven't had trouble sense.  Go to settings - advanced calling - activate advanced calling.  Follow the prompts and then you have to restart your phone and it's ready to go
You should be able to do that through your My Verizon using the switch devices option.  Then you just put in the information (Device ID and SIM card number) and it will walk you through activatio... See more...
You should be able to do that through your My Verizon using the switch devices option.  Then you just put in the information (Device ID and SIM card number) and it will walk you through activation.  The only thing you might need is a SIM card for the iPhone.  My sister had an old Android Razr M and I got her an iPHone 5c for Christmas last year.  I had to go in store and get her a new SIM card (Verizon direct stores do those for free though!)
Early Termination Fees usually only come from breaking a contract when either disconnecting a line or taking a line to another carrier.  The good thing for you here is that the unlimited data inc... See more...
Early Termination Fees usually only come from breaking a contract when either disconnecting a line or taking a line to another carrier.  The good thing for you here is that the unlimited data increase won't hit you until your contracts are up.  So, $20 in May and then $20 in November.  I know for awhile Verizon was offering something call the Verizon Maxx feature for people moving off unlimited and it offered 6GB for the $30 price of unlimited and there was 8GB for $50.  Not sure if they still offer it but I have a few friends that still have those features. 
Is it an iPhone or an Android?  Find My iPhone or Android Device Manager might be a little bit of help but with it being off you might not be able to find it.  Report it to Verizon and if you hav... See more...
Is it an iPhone or an Android?  Find My iPhone or Android Device Manager might be a little bit of help but with it being off you might not be able to find it.  Report it to Verizon and if you have insurance you can go that route and get another one.
Sadly with activations, the SIM card needs to connect to the Verizon network to recognize it.  So, if you are currently on a US Cellular tower, the SIM doesn't recognize that network yet.  My dad... See more...
Sadly with activations, the SIM card needs to connect to the Verizon network to recognize it.  So, if you are currently on a US Cellular tower, the SIM doesn't recognize that network yet.  My dad had the same issue since he lives in the middle of nowhere.  He had to get into a Verizon area and his phone took about 5 minutes and activated and he hasn't had issues with it since.
Phones won't activate until they are powered up and have the SIM card inserted.  Otherwise, the current active phone will hold on to that line until the new phone pushes activation over
No worries   We all have brain blanks every once in awhile.  I really hope this works out for you and makes it easier for your husband!