Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,874 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

ArnettH_VZW's Posts

Hello RunSilent23, Thank you for sharing your experience with the community! I'm sure that this will help a fellow Fascinate user in the future! Device memory is a topic that doesn't get a lot... See more...
Hello RunSilent23, Thank you for sharing your experience with the community! I'm sure that this will help a fellow Fascinate user in the future! Device memory is a topic that doesn't get a lot of attention in the wireless world. Oftentimes, we think we have enough when a large percentage is being used without being noticed. Below, I have some steps to help preserve and free up some device memory. Uninstall any unused apps. Remove any unused widgets and shortcuts from the home screen(s). Erase long threaded text messages. Sync only your e-mail inbox instead of sub-folders. Sync only one calendar for schedule entries. Move media to a memory card, (Pictures, videos, music, apps, downloaded e-mail attachments) Clear browser cache, history, and cookies. Reboot the device. There are many more tip and tricks on how to preserve memory on smartphones but I didn't want to overload the topic with so much information. As always, some of the tips listed above may not be applicable depending on what device is being discussed. If you come across any more memory saving tips then feel free to post them as I'm sure that the community will find value in the information. Thank you... ArnettH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
Hello Lobstergirl, I'm glad to hear that this issue has not effected your audio voice mail, *86. May I ask were there any changes made on the device on Friday that may have triggered this issu... See more...
Hello Lobstergirl, I'm glad to hear that this issue has not effected your audio voice mail, *86. May I ask were there any changes made on the device on Friday that may have triggered this issue, like a software update or a new app download? Have you used visual voice mail in the past? If this is a service that you do not plan on using then you can uninstall the app from the device. If you would like to use this service then try clearing the data and/or clearing the cache from the app in the settings menu. Once cleared, please update your roaming on the device by calling *228 and send then select option 2 from the automated system. Finally, reboot the device and retest. If you are still having issues then reply to this message with your findings for additional assistance. Thank you... ArnettH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
Hello BluntestJen, It would be my pleasure to assist you with your wireless data connection! I have a few questions on ask you to get a better understanding of the task at hand. They are as fo... See more...
Hello BluntestJen, It would be my pleasure to assist you with your wireless data connection! I have a few questions on ask you to get a better understanding of the task at hand. They are as follows: What make and model device(s) are you using? Where are you located? (City, state, and zip code) What software version do you have on the device? Are you getting any error messages when trying to use data services? If you are using a smartphone then I have some troubleshooting steps for you listed below to perform on the device. Keep in mind that some of steps below many not be applicable depending on what device that you have. Verify that the software is up to date. Turn bluetooth and wi-fi off in Settings. Do a battery pull and SIM card pull while the device is on, re-apply the battery and SIM, then reboot. Place a test call to ensure that your voice services is not compromised. Perform a factory reset on the device. The steps to a factory reset will vary based on make and model devices. Keep in mind that a factory reset will erase all contacts, calendar entries, and other personal information from the device. It's recommend to back up your personal information first. Backup Assistant is an great app for saving contacts. Pictures, videos, and music can be saved to the memory card. Once you have completed the reset then the device will need to be re-setup and reactivated. There is a brief tutorial on most smartphones to walk through this process. Once the device is setup, please test all wireless service for functionality. If you are still experiencing problems then please reply with your findings for further assistance. Thank you... ArnettH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
Hello agrooms, Backup Assistant is a great app for saving your contacts wirelessly to My Verizon. I am a proud user of this service for years and I absolutely love it. As I'm sure that you may... See more...
Hello agrooms, Backup Assistant is a great app for saving your contacts wirelessly to My Verizon. I am a proud user of this service for years and I absolutely love it. As I'm sure that you may know, the message is to notify the user that there hasn't been any changes to the account. This notification can not be turned off because it is linked with the time of day that the app is set to check the contacts. For more information on Backup Assistant, below is a link to FAQs for your review. http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/faqs/Get%20It%20Now/faq_backupassistant.html Thank you... ArnettH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
Hello flats_vokey, It sounds like you are having some issues with your internet connectivity! No worries, I am excited to be the one to partner with you and resolve all of your connectivity is... See more...
Hello flats_vokey, It sounds like you are having some issues with your internet connectivity! No worries, I am excited to be the one to partner with you and resolve all of your connectivity issues. I have a few questions for you so I can get a better understand of the issue. They are as follows: Are you using a desktop or laptop computer? What city and state are you in? What make and model equipment are you using? (USB modem, aircard, mifi, etc.) What version of VZ Access Manage do we have installed on the computer? Are you getting any error messages when trying to connect to the internet or when opening a web browser? What web browser are you using on the computer? I don't want to overload you with a lot of questions but the ones above are the most critical ones to help me understand the issue that we are up against. Even though I don't know what the specific issue is just yet, I would like to provide some generic troubleshooting steps for you to try. Verify that you have the most current version of VZ Access Manager. Disable any built-in modem to ensure that the correct equipment is being used. Adjust firewall settings to allow an internet connection from the model device that you have. Check for driver conflicts in the Control Panel. (See step below) Click Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Device Manager. Uninstall and reinstall VZ Access Manager. (Assuming that you have the CD or a wi-fi connection) NOTE: VZ Access manager can be downloaded from www.vzam.net from a wi-fi internet connection. Once you have tried the troubleshooting steps above and you are still having issue with your internet connect then please note any error message(s) that you may receive. As a last resort, we can establish a manual connection to test the network connection in your area. You have my commitment to get this issue resolved for you. Thank you... ArnettH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
Hello whillsrich, Those voice mail indicators can be pretty tricky! No worries though, I can certainly assist with the voice mail notification! May I ask did you press the * key to exit the vo... See more...
Hello whillsrich, Those voice mail indicators can be pretty tricky! No worries though, I can certainly assist with the voice mail notification! May I ask did you press the * key to exit the voice mail system? This will allow the voice mail system to signout on it's own. Also, verify that call forwarding is not active. Simply dial *73 and send then you will hear a brief dial tone to represent that call forwarding is disabled. Finally another troubleshooting step is to turn message indicator off in the voice mail settings, see steps below: Dial *86 (*VM) then press SEND. from the cell phone. Enter the password then press the pound (#) key. Press 4 to change personal options. If this option is not available, press * for the main menu. Press 4 to turn Notification On/Off. Once you have completed these steps, place a test call from another number and leave a voice mail message. After you leave a message, call the voice mail on the cell phone, erased the test voice mail, and press * to end the voice mail session and remove the voice mail indicator. If you are still having issues after performing the steps above then please reply with your findings so I can further assist. Thank you... ArnettH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
Hello spalor13, International texting is a great way to communicate to a person overseas! May I ask is the number that you are texting in Australia a Verizon Wireless number, another US mobile... See more...
Hello spalor13, International texting is a great way to communicate to a person overseas! May I ask is the number that you are texting in Australia a Verizon Wireless number, another US mobile number, or a native Australian mobile number? To be on the safe side, I have noted the dialing pattern below for all three situations. US mobile number: text the 10-digit mobile number. (Verizon Wireless & non-Verizon Wireless cell phones) Australian mobile number: Dial 011 then 61(country code) then the international number. For example, to text an Australian number simply dial 011619876543210. Hopefully, my example didn't confuse you. If it did then here's a link that will explain it as little better. http://businessportals.verizonwireless.com/international/Text_Messaging/index.html If you have any additional questions then feel free to reply to this message for assistance. Thank you... ArnettH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
Hello holleman, I got some GREAT news for you! You can have your mobile number changed, gain access to your account online, and keep the tenured status of the account in tact! The first task w... See more...
Hello holleman, I got some GREAT news for you! You can have your mobile number changed, gain access to your account online, and keep the tenured status of the account in tact! The first task we would want to resolve is online access. Once you are able to login online at My Verizon then you can perform a mobile telephone number change online and it's absolutely free! You can even reset the voice mail password online as well! If you need assistance with gaining access to the account online then feel free to send me a direct message with your full name, mobile number, and a brief summary of the issue and we can get this done for you! Thank you... ArnettH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
Hello JOHNNYMACK77, Sorry to hear that all of your contacts are erased. Since I don't remember anybody's phone number anymore, I can certainly empathize with you as to how important your conta... See more...
Hello JOHNNYMACK77, Sorry to hear that all of your contacts are erased. Since I don't remember anybody's phone number anymore, I can certainly empathize with you as to how important your contacts are! On a more positive note, may I ask is your text message issue resolved? If so then that's great news! No need to fear about your contacts as there are a few options for you in such a situation. Below I have outlined some solutions for you review. Backup Assistant: If you had this app setup prior to the reset on your device then your contact will be stored on My Verizon. They can't be restored to your device with a push of a button once you log into the website to verify that the contacts are archived. Gmail account:The device has the option to auto-save your contacts to your Gmail account. Simply, log in on a computer to verify that you contacts are saved then they can be transferred back to the device wirelessly once the Gmail account is re-setup on the device. Store contact transfer:If you still have your previous cell phone, regardless of the carrier, then you can take both devices to a corporate store to have the contacts transferred from the old phone to the Droid Charge. Keep in mind that the previous device has to be operational for this option to work. If all else fails then you can log in online at My Verizon and view the last few billing statement to see a detail report of the numbers that you called and received a call from. Although this will not get you all of the number, it will provide you with the most recent calls. Hopefully, you will be able to recognize some number without the name attached. I you have any questions or concerns as how to exercise one of these solutions then please reply to this message for additional assistance. Thank you... ArnettH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
Hello tnolan, Just to piggyback off my co-worker's posting, there are some default bookmarks that have a lock on the device! Those bookmarks can not be unlocked and removed from the device as ... See more...
Hello tnolan, Just to piggyback off my co-worker's posting, there are some default bookmarks that have a lock on the device! Those bookmarks can not be unlocked and removed from the device as they are a part of the default web browser. May I ask is there a specific reason as to why you want to delete them? Since these are commonly used bookmarks, many find them to be quite helpful. If available memory is a concern then please confirm as I can share tips and tricks to keep memory usage low. Thank you... ArnettH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
Hello again my friend! Thank you for replying to my message! I'm glad to hear that your concern was properly addressed! If you have any additional concerns then I am available to assist you al... See more...
Hello again my friend! Thank you for replying to my message! I'm glad to hear that your concern was properly addressed! If you have any additional concerns then I am available to assist you along with several of my colleagues that are active member of the forums. Have a great day & keep ruling the air! ArnettH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
Hello Jaxle67, As my co-worker stated, you will see a HUGE difference in speeds in 4G LTE data services in comparison to 3G! Below, I have listed a chart on what speeds you can expect from our... See more...
Hello Jaxle67, As my co-worker stated, you will see a HUGE difference in speeds in 4G LTE data services in comparison to 3G! Below, I have listed a chart on what speeds you can expect from our 4G LTE data service. Average Throughput (publicly quoted): 5 - 12 Mbps Downlink/Uplink: 2 - 5 Mbps Expected Latency: 30 ms < 50 ms real time If you have not tested one of our 4G devices then I highly encourage you to do so! You will find that you will, oftentimes, get speeds well above the expected metrics above, which can be up to 10 times the speeds of 3G. As far as the two devices that you have been shopping for, it's like comparing a BMW and a Mercedes-Benz. You really can't go wrong with either one! If you would like to do some comparison shopping then here are two links for you to do a "deep dive" into each device's unique characteristics and performance. Samsung Galaxy Nexus: http://bit.ly/vSeeil Motorola Droid Razr: http://bit.ly/AqsbtO If you are a fan of color selection then the Razr has the advantage because you have the choice of a black, white, and purple device. Also, there is a Razr Maxx, http://bit.ly/xG4TyY, that has a larger battery for heavy wireless users. Once you have made your decision on your new 4G device then feel free to post what you decided on as I am eager to know! Thank you... ArnettH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
Hello lorbut, The Continuum is a great Galaxy S phone that has a dual display and  wonderful screen resolution! I love how the ticker on the second screen provides real world updates on the ke... See more...
Hello lorbut, The Continuum is a great Galaxy S phone that has a dual display and  wonderful screen resolution! I love how the ticker on the second screen provides real world updates on the key information like weather and text messages! There a few elements that could be causing the slow response from the device. Can I assume that the two devices that you are inquiring about does not have any physical or liquid damage? Also, what is the exact software version that you and your husband have on your Continuum(s)? Below are a few troubleshooting steps that you can try on your devices to get this issue resolved. Verify that the you have a Verizon Wireless approved software version. Remove any unused apps or widget from the device. Delete long threaded text messages from the text message inbox. Transfer and save all pictures, videos, and music onto a memory card. Perform a factory reset on the device. (See link below) http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=36055 Should you decide to perform a factory reset using the link above, it is highly recommended to back up your contacts and your calendar entries. Backup Assistant is a great app to save your contacts onto My Verizon. Calendar entries can be saved on your Gmail account. Once the reset has been completed then the device will start a tutorial to go through the activation and setup process. Once you have completed the tutorial, please test call voice and data services. If you notice a distinctive lag time from your command and the device reaction then please reply to this message for additional assistance. Thank you... ArnettH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
Hello asianguy1964, I am available to assist and address any concerns that you may have in reference to customer service issue! May I ask is your posting regarding a billing issue, wireless se... See more...
Hello asianguy1964, I am available to assist and address any concerns that you may have in reference to customer service issue! May I ask is your posting regarding a billing issue, wireless service issue, or a interaction with a representative? Also, were you provided a reference number to your complaint? If you have a reference number then I can check on the status of your concern. Prior to investigating your reference number, would you be kind as to share the details of the issue as I'm condifent that we can If I am unable to provide a solution for you then the additional information will help me forward your concern to the appropriate channel. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future. Thank you... ArnettH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
Hello nhendry36, Hopefully, you were able to get a live chat person to answer any questions or concerns that you may have. If not then I am available to assist as well as my co-workers to moni... See more...
Hello nhendry36, Hopefully, you were able to get a live chat person to answer any questions or concerns that you may have. If not then I am available to assist as well as my co-workers to monitor the forum daily. My apologies for the late response as there are more postings to address than available reps to work them. If you have any concerns as of today going forward then feel free to reply to my message as I am eager to help. Thank you... ArnettH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
Hello hrenshaw0128, Texting is one of the most common forms of communications in today’s society. I can certainly see the value in having text messages working at all times! Hopefully, you wi... See more...
Hello hrenshaw0128, Texting is one of the most common forms of communications in today’s society. I can certainly see the value in having text messages working at all times! Hopefully, you will reconsider canceling your parents' service as we can partner together and resolve your messaging issues. I have a few questions to ask you in order to get clarification on the issue. What software version do you have on your Droid Incredible? Are you getting any error message(s) when trying to send or receive a text? What city and state are you located in? Below are a few troubleshooting steps for you to try on the device. Check to ensure that you have the current software on your device. Remove any unused apps from the device to free up device memory. Delete your signature on your device if you have one. Remove any 3 rd party messaging apps. Erase long threaded text messages from the text inbox. Perform a factory reset on the device. (See link below) http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=30946 If you decide to perform a factory reset then it is encouraged to back up your contacts and calendar entries. Backup Assistant is an excellent app to store your contacts and calendar entries can be saved on your Gmail account. Also, be sure to save all of your music, pictures, and videos on a memory card prior to the reset. Once the device has been reset to it's factory state, there is a brief tutorial on how to reactivate and setup the device. After the completion of this tutorial, please test all voice, data, and text services. If you have any additional questions or concerns then feel free to reply to this message. Thank you... ArnettH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
Hello codeman87, Thank you for reaching out to the community for assistance. It is my pleasure to evaluate your situation and get your service working for you! May I ask what city and state ar... See more...
Hello codeman87, Thank you for reaching out to the community for assistance. It is my pleasure to evaluate your situation and get your service working for you! May I ask what city and state are you in? Are you able to make calls successfully? Are you receiving a voice mail notification on your device, even though the device may not ring? Below are a few troubleshooting steps that you can try to get this issue resolved. Dial *73 send on the device to ensure that call forwarding is not active. Turn off bluetooth and wi-fi in the Settings Menu. Remove the battery while the device is powered on and re-insert the battery onto the device then power up. Verify that Usage Controls is not active on your mobile number via My Verizon. Remove any 3rd party apps that block incoming calls or restricted calls. Once you have tried the steps above, please post your findings a more troubleshooting may be needed. I'm looking forward to getting this issue resolved for you. Thank you... ArnettH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
Hello DickLBall, The Incredible is one of my favorite smartphones of all time! The specs on the Droid Incredible is so impressive that it can compete with even the latest and greatest 4G sma... See more...
Hello DickLBall, The Incredible is one of my favorite smartphones of all time! The specs on the Droid Incredible is so impressive that it can compete with even the latest and greatest 4G smartphones on the market today! May I ask what size memory card are you using with your Droid Incredible? Also, is this the original memory card that came with the device? If not then what class SD memory card is it? There are quite a few elements that can effect the Incredible's ability to register the memory card. Below is a few troubleshooting steps to try on the Droid Incredible to get this issue resolved. Verify that the memory card is properly inserted into the device. (See link below) http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=32309 Check the memory card size capability of the device. (Support up to 32GB MicroSD card) Confirm that the memory card is not locked. (Usually a blue tab on the memory card itself) Reformat the memory card on a computer then retry to access the memory card on the device. Test in another device that is reading another memory card. If you are still unable to get the device to recognize the memory card after performing the steps above then please reply to this message for additional assistance. Thank you... ArnettH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
Hello dianeski, It's always refreshing to see a fellow Macintosh user on the forums! May I ask what version of OS X are you running on your computer? The Droid 2 has this neat feature where th... See more...
Hello dianeski, It's always refreshing to see a fellow Macintosh user on the forums! May I ask what version of OS X are you running on your computer? The Droid 2 has this neat feature where the device can be recognized as a mass storage device, kind of like USB drives! Simply plug your Droid 2 to the computer using the USB cable that it came with and within a few seconds the Droid 2 will prompt you to mount the device or select mass storage, depending on the software version on the Droid 2. Once you have done so then the mac will have a generic icon on the desktop. Traditionally, the generic icon will look like a light gray or white media drive on the desktop on the mac. Simply, click on this drive and a window will open up that looks similar to the "Finder" window. On the left side of the window is where you will look for your device. As you click through the menus on your device icon in the window, you will be able to access your pictures from the pictures folder in your phone. From there you can simply drag and drop your pictures from your Droid 2 to the desktop of your Mac. Yes, it's that simple! If you have any additional questions or concerns then feel free to reply to this message for more help. Thank you... ArnettH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
Hello happy community members, The Samsung Continuum is a device that is designed to get more information to the user as fast as technologically possible. This is done by using the ticker disp... See more...
Hello happy community members, The Samsung Continuum is a device that is designed to get more information to the user as fast as technologically possible. This is done by using the ticker display! With the second screen displaying information as it becomes available, it is the perfect device for people who want to stay in the know. As of 2/14/12, the Samsung Continuum has received a software update, of which most of you have received. As with any Android software update, I recommend performing a factory reset on the device to resolve any issues triggered by the update. Below is a link on the steps on the factory reset. http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=36055 As always, it's encouraged to back up all of your contacts and calendar entries prior to completing the reset. Backup Assistant is an excellent app for backing up your contacts. Calendar entries can be archived using your Gmail account. Once you have completed the factory reset, the device will need to be reactivated. As you go through the activation tutorial, please test call voice and data services prior to re-downloading apps to the device. If you are still having issues with the update then please reply to this message for additional assistance. Thank you... ArnettH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport