Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,816 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

sslc's Posts

Good to know that a mechanism is already in place to handle the inquiry, we will follow up thru the proper channels. Thanks.
Thanks for the quick input. Let me clarify: A few years ago, when our rural phone company finally get around to deploy DSL, our neighborhood was in a very similar situation. We are about 5-... See more...
Thanks for the quick input. Let me clarify: A few years ago, when our rural phone company finally get around to deploy DSL, our neighborhood was in a very similar situation. We are about 5-6 miles "too far" from the phone company's DSL reach. Finally, one of our neighbors called and ask what would it take and what was the problem. The answer was the phone company does not have any location to install their equipment to serve our neighborhood. When asked how big a space they need, the answer was about 100 square feet. It did not take hardly any time for the phone company and my neighbor to work out an arrangement such that the phone company can put equipment on his land (he has a couple hundred acres and the land he granted permission was literally next to a rural freeway and less than 10 feet from power and telephone poles). Once the equipment was in, we all have excellent DSL because of the close proximity. I am thinking along the line of if Verizon does not need a large foot print for equipment deployment, something can possibly be worked out
Coverage questions in various forms have been asked here many times, however, I think mine has a twist to it. I live in SW New Mexico and judging from Verizon's coverage map, my ranch is in one ... See more...
Coverage questions in various forms have been asked here many times, however, I think mine has a twist to it. I live in SW New Mexico and judging from Verizon's coverage map, my ranch is in one of those small white "holes", as most everything around is solidly red. I have a Tracfone that uses Verizon Network and the phone will get good signal when I am about 6 mile from home. All that is fine and good, until a couple years ago when there was a large wild fire and USDF set up a base camp 1/2 mile from where we live. All of a sudden, everybody that has Verizon was getting excellent cell coverage at home. We later found out that while the fire base camp was running there was a mobile cell tower/amplifier in camp hence the previously "dead zone" just came alive (while the camp was in operation). As it does not seem to take any giant effort to fill in the no coverage "hole" (in this case, just a truck with proper equipment), I wonder if there is anything our neighborhood can do to "nudge" Verizon to fill the area with "red".