Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,633 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Timothyb196's Posts

The only thing I could do was to cancel my Family Base, and turn it off. I don't know if they've found a way to fix this or not. Sorry.
I am having the same problem. I understand that with new features, sometimes there are bugs. But now I am stuck with a real problem. My Zenpad only uses Messages+. It has no other messaging app, ... See more...
I am having the same problem. I understand that with new features, sometimes there are bugs. But now I am stuck with a real problem. My Zenpad only uses Messages+. It has no other messaging app, and now that I have disconnected it, I have no text app on my tablet. And with my daughter away at college we often do video calls with her, so I am unwilling to turn off advanced calling. So I literally have to restart my phone to get this screen to disappear. While this Remote Call thing may be 'very cool', personally, I'd love a way to turn it off (I don't even know exactly what it does). I am hoping that you all are really working on this bug, and that you find a way to fix it soon, because until you do, I have no messaging app on my tablet. I really like my new S7 but the keyboard is TINY, and I often message using my tablet.
I was using wifi. I would never try an update by burning up my data.
Last week, I upgraded to the 7S. Shortly afterward, I was told an update was available. I let my phone update, then immediately, it wanted to update again. It did this four times before I finally... See more...
Last week, I upgraded to the 7S. Shortly afterward, I was told an update was available. I let my phone update, then immediately, it wanted to update again. It did this four times before I finally called tech support. The tech told me to reset my phone, which I did, and it fixed it, until today. Today it started doing the same thing again. I called tech support again, and they asked me to return the phone to the store for a replacement. I didn't want to do that, since I'd bought an expensive screen protector and it couldn't be removed. So I dug around on Google and found a solution. I saw this was a common problem with Verizon S7 phones, so I thought I'd come here and tell everyone how I fixed mine, in case others are having the same issue. What you have to do it update the phone using the computer app. If you plug your phone into your computer, one of the options you see on your phone is to connect as an installer. Verizon will then install a program on your computer that will update your phone. That's what I did, and the update installed correctly. However, I still got a notice on my phone that an update was available. I clicked on it, and it started the update, but then stopped once it saw the update had been installed. I had to restart the phone again after about 15 minutes, but now the update is installed, I haven't had any more notices, and the new update (Android 7) is working on my phone.
Hello. I wanted to let Verizon know of a problem I have found with the Family Base feature. A few months ago, I signed up for Family Base in order to block a few spam phone numbers that were call... See more...
Hello. I wanted to let Verizon know of a problem I have found with the Family Base feature. A few months ago, I signed up for Family Base in order to block a few spam phone numbers that were calling me repeatedly. About a month or so ago, my daughter began getting the same type of calls, so I added her phone to the Family Base as well. Ever since then we have been getting a message whenever we tried to place a call. The message would say, "please re-enter the 10 digit number you are trying to call. Do not press send". For me, this would only happen in certain areas, such as while at work, or in areas where I was using roaming cell towers. But on my daughter's phone, she would get that message no matter where she was. I just turned off Family Base, and now her phone is back to working normally. We would like to keep Family Base, however making a 'hands free' call while driving is impossible, and using features such as speed dial or voice dial wouldn't work either. If this bug is fixed in the future, I would like to have Family Base back, but for now, we have to turn the feature off.
First, I absolutely love the fact that I can actually send and receive text messages on my computer. I use Verizon Messages on all my devices, and it would take a lot to get me to use something e... See more...
First, I absolutely love the fact that I can actually send and receive text messages on my computer. I use Verizon Messages on all my devices, and it would take a lot to get me to use something else. But I'm having a terrible time with messages syncing on Windows. Right now, I have waited almost 5 minutes for my messages to sync. It wouldn't bother me so much except for the fact that during sync, the text box freezes, and I can't send or receive messages until the sync is complete. So, I thought I'd ask for either a bug fix, feature request, or perhaps someone knows a way around this problem. Is there a way to have the app sync in the background, and still allow me to send and receive texts messages while the app is syncing with my other devices?
First of all, I love all the improvements with the new Verizon Messages + app. I've had a love/hate relationship with this app, sometimes hating the new versions and going back to older ones, but... See more...
First of all, I love all the improvements with the new Verizon Messages + app. I've had a love/hate relationship with this app, sometimes hating the new versions and going back to older ones, but I think you've turned a corner here. But I have found a couple of very irritating bugs. The first one is when I send someone a photo stored on my phone. On my screen, the photo will switch to another photo I sent them previously. They do get the photo I meant to send them, but on my phone it looks like I sent them the wrong photo. The next time it does it, I'll come back here and post some screenshots to show you exactly what it does. The next bug is the bug reporting itself. On the app there's a selection to report a bug. I just tried to report this bug, but when I did, it pulled up a list of my recent contacts and asked me who I'd like to report this bug to. Since I don't know anyone at Verizon, and I'm pretty sure none of my family can fix it, reporting the bug to them was useless. So there's two bugs I have found with the newest update on the app. I love the newest updates, don't remove any of the cool stuff like making .gif images and being able to add text and stickers to the images. My kids love that stuff. Good luck on tracking that bug down.
Hi. I would like to start out by saying by and large, I really like Messages+ and use it every day. However, I am very unhappy that once again, you have decided to split the screen on my tablet w... See more...
Hi. I would like to start out by saying by and large, I really like Messages+ and use it every day. However, I am very unhappy that once again, you have decided to split the screen on my tablet without giving me the option of going back to the single screen. I am puzzled as to why you think I need to see two lists of recent conversations? I like the single screen view. If other people like the split screen, I understand; but why not give me the option of selecting whether or not I want it for my device? 99% of the time, I use my tablet in the upright position. I only turn it on its side to watch videos or play a game. In the upright position there is very little room for each screen, and the messages are stacked with very little space in each line. For a long time, I went back to the older version for my tablet because I hated it so much. Then I accidentally updated it and was pleased to see the single screen. Last night it updated and now I'm back to a dual screen again. So now I'm faced with two choices: put up with the split screen I hate or once again go back to the older version that doesn't have many of the great features the updated versions have. I am very disappointed. PLEASE, give me the option to select what's best for me; don't choose for me.
Not the groups section, but the "Connected via" section. If that section has the Google "G", then my contacts don't back up to Verizon cloud.
That's just it, I have backed up my contacts. I read these discussions, and several of them mentioned backing up your contacts to the cloud. That's how I knew that if I could get my contacts to t... See more...
That's just it, I have backed up my contacts. I read these discussions, and several of them mentioned backing up your contacts to the cloud. That's how I knew that if I could get my contacts to the cloud they would automatically be shared to all of my devices. I have backed them up using both the Verizon cloud app and using the backup contacts assistant in the Contacts app. They just won't back up. I have noticed one thing, the only contacts that back up are the ones that have the little Verizon cloud logo in the groups section. If they have a Google "G" on them, they won't back up. To be honest, I am about ready to manually add all my contacts to my apps. That's the only way I can think of to get them on all my devices.
I see LOTS of posts about this problem, and I've read and  read, but no answers. Unfortunately I have no answers either. But I'm hoping a clear explanation of the problem might get the answers I'... See more...
I see LOTS of posts about this problem, and I've read and  read, but no answers. Unfortunately I have no answers either. But I'm hoping a clear explanation of the problem might get the answers I'm seeking. I have gmail (who doesn't) and an android phone. On the Verizon Messages on my phone, the gmail contacts show up there without any troubles at all. However the Verizon Messages app on both my tablet and my computer have no contacts at all, except for the 5 standard verizon contacts on all my devices. I have looked in my Verizon Cloud and, you guessed it, only 5 Verizon contacts there. I have looked throughout my phone, and I cannot find a way to sync my gmail contacts to Verizon Cloud, nor can I convince my Verizon Messages app on my phone to share its knowledge with my other devices. It's pretty simple: I'd like to be able to text on my tablet and my computer as easily as I do with my phone. All I need is to somehow be able to share my gmail contacts either on the cloud, or sync them somehow to my Verizon Messages app on my other devices. So I'm hoping someone knows the secret, and doesn't mind sharing.
Not to dispute what you say, or to argue with you, but last week the app said I could watch Thursday Night and Sunday Night Football with my current subscription. Last week, I called customer ser... See more...
Not to dispute what you say, or to argue with you, but last week the app said I could watch Thursday Night and Sunday Night Football with my current subscription. Last week, I called customer service and asked them to help me with the app, and the customer service rep didn't say anything about not having access to the game on my tablet. She did say that there was an issue with the app, and they were working to correct it. The next day, I got an email from NFL Mobile telling me the same thing. This is the one complaint I have with Verizon. You never get the same answer twice. We love our Verizon service, but whenever we contact customer service for any reason, we just can't trust the answers we get. It's like you'll tell us anything just to get us off the phone. For whatever reason, right now the game is playing on my tablet. It says "complete game replay". Last week it wouldn't let me log in, and this week it said the game was blacked out in my area. I wonder what the problem will be next week...
NFL on this app must stand for No Football Live. I can watch football on my little Samsung Galaxy phone, but it won't work on my tablet! I have a LG Gpad tablet, and last week it wouldn't log in ... See more...
NFL on this app must stand for No Football Live. I can watch football on my little Samsung Galaxy phone, but it won't work on my tablet! I have a LG Gpad tablet, and last week it wouldn't log in to the service at all. This week, it asked for my location, and then told me I wasn't allowed to view the game! I live in Kentucky, for crying out loud! I'm not close enough to either Denver or Kansas City to be blacked out by either team! Geez, this is the second week in a row, I've been denied watching the game. How much do you charge me for this so called service?