Hi, I previously received ebills through the Capital One (Orange 360) bill pay account. That was when only the MiFi was on my account. When I added a cell phone to the account, the bills sto... See more...
Hi, I previously received ebills through the Capital One (Orange 360) bill pay account. That was when only the MiFi was on my account. When I added a cell phone to the account, the bills stopped coming, and the EBill icon went dark, signaling Ebills were not working, but every time I try to sign up for them again, I get the error message that I’m already receiving Ebills and to contact Verizon. I have received Verizon paperless bills directly to my email so I stopped them thinking that would help but it didn’t/. Now I have lost my $10.00 credit every month and am getting paper bills. This has resulted in underpayments every month because I can’t depend that Verizon will want the same amount every month, its driving me crazy so if you can help I would be very grateful, as I don’t want to worry about more paper and missing the varying amounts every month.
I have been trying for months to get E Bills from Verizon delivered to my Capital One 360 account but tI keep getting the message We're sorry, we're unable to add the following eBill Verizon Wi... See more...
I have been trying for months to get E Bills from Verizon delivered to my Capital One 360 account but tI keep getting the message We're sorry, we're unable to add the following eBill Verizon Wireless  *0001 Your account is already successfully enrolled in the eBill program. Please contact Verizon Wireless for details (1). Both Verizon and Capital One 360 deny that the issue is on their side.  Has anyone ever had this problem and how was it resolved? Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​