Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,503 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

PortalX's Posts

It's on a Note 4. I did an OTA update today and it installed DT Ignite.
First verizon started modifying everyone's internet traffic with a "tracking cookie" which was bad enough. Now the permissions for this DT Ignite malware thing is beyond being an invasion of priv... See more...
First verizon started modifying everyone's internet traffic with a "tracking cookie" which was bad enough. Now the permissions for this DT Ignite malware thing is beyond being an invasion of privacy. You do not have an option to opt out of installing it. As soon as the new update installed on my phone it started installing crap games and apps. This malware was installed on my phone without my permission and I want it gone. Has anyone come up with a way to  safely delete this yet?
Well it seems they have gotten enough complaints from customers and the FCC. Verizon will allow users to opt out of its 'permacookie' | The Verge
I just got off the phone with the highest support manager available. I was told in no uncertain terms that they will not remove the X-UIDH header. I was given a number to their legal dept for a l... See more...
I just got off the phone with the highest support manager available. I was told in no uncertain terms that they will not remove the X-UIDH header. I was given a number to their legal dept for a lawyer to contact. A complaint filed with the FCC at the beginning of November requiring verizon to respond by December 26th went unanswered. I think maybe it's time for legal action.
I just received an email from the FCC saying verizon has 30 days to respond to my complaint. The response should be interesting to say the least.
I just got off the phone with Verizon. It was the 9th time I have called about this and was told the legal dept. said it is in the TOS that they can modify web traffic from their phones. I say th... See more...
I just got off the phone with Verizon. It was the 9th time I have called about this and was told the legal dept. said it is in the TOS that they can modify web traffic from their phones. I say that's BS because AT&T said they removed it because the practice made it nearly impossible to shield their customers identities online.
Monday evening I sent a message to Marquett Smith who is the regional manager for my area and when you hit send it says someone should get back to you within 24 hours. Now it's wednesday and I se... See more...
Monday evening I sent a message to Marquett Smith who is the regional manager for my area and when you hit send it says someone should get back to you within 24 hours. Now it's wednesday and I sent another one and received one of the canned responses from the executive office. Thank you for your inquiry. Customer privacy is always a top priority at Verizon. We never share customer information with third parties as part of our advertising programs. There are many identifiers other companies use in mobile apps and websites, however Verizon’s anonymous identifier has significant privacy protections built in and we’re always evaluating ways to improve it. As a reminder, you may opt-out of the Relevant Mobile Advertising program by changing your privacy choices at any time. Thank you.
Here is an article from Gizmodo from yesterday http://gizmodo.com/youre-probably-being-tracked-online-by-your-wireless-ca-1652184614
The tracking is done in a “boneheaded” way, said privacy scholar Jonathan Mayer: the code is publicly broadcast, meaning it’s not just the wireless carrier who can use the code for tracking purpo... See more...
The tracking is done in a “boneheaded” way, said privacy scholar Jonathan Mayer: the code is publicly broadcast, meaning it’s not just the wireless carrier who can use the code for tracking purposes but anyone who intercepts the information sent, including the website the person is visiting, any third parties on that site, or perhaps an all-seeing entity like the NSA.