Without trying to get too personal and/or offending you...this isn't really the appropriate forum for this query. Check the services section on Verizon's site and see if they offer anything like ... See more...
Without trying to get too personal and/or offending you...this isn't really the appropriate forum for this query. Check the services section on Verizon's site and see if they offer anything like that.It's likely whatever you are looking for will cost extra though...I would insist on meeting your teens friends' parents, getting their phone numbers directly, setting up and enforcing rules with your kids regarding you calling and them answering when not at home. This sort of technology is new and the type of parenting you are inquiring about isn't new and has been done effectively without technology for years. It just requires some diligence and honest discourse with your kids. I hope that last part didn't offend, but if you don't want to fork up the cash for tracking services, you're going to have to make up for it with extra effort.  Good luck. Teens are a handful.  
@scottjw1 Agreed. Regardless of when Verizon can or chooses to push out said content, it would be nice to get a response that isn't canned. Treat your customers with some dignity. We'd be less fr... See more...
@scottjw1 Agreed. Regardless of when Verizon can or chooses to push out said content, it would be nice to get a response that isn't canned. Treat your customers with some dignity. We'd be less frustrated if you just responded in a way that didn't come off so robotic and condescending. How about an actual back and forth conversation? Every single question I've seen that's even remotely like this one, has been responded to in the same pandering tone.
If you have a samsung device, you can download Package Disabler Pro (pretty sure it's exclusive to samsung, but could be wrong) and disable that and any other unwanted apps that are impossible to... See more...
If you have a samsung device, you can download Package Disabler Pro (pretty sure it's exclusive to samsung, but could be wrong) and disable that and any other unwanted apps that are impossible to uninstall. It won't free up space, but it will keep them from using resources.
Correction: link 2 was not right. this is the correct link: http://www.androidauthority.com/carriers-install-bloatware-without-permission-571052/
So, if you have a phone that was bought in or round 2014, you're likely to have a piece of what is commonly referred to as "bloatware" (you know, the stuff that you don't want on your phone but i... See more...
So, if you have a phone that was bought in or round 2014, you're likely to have a piece of what is commonly referred to as "bloatware" (you know, the stuff that you don't want on your phone but is impossible to uninstall unless you're rooted. the stuff that carriers make money on) called DT Ignite. DT Ignite allows carriers to install post-sale bloatware without your permission.  "Carriers make a boatload of money through bloatware deals. It’s not going anywhere any time soon. We all hate it and will always hate it. It is an unfortunate part of the game that, if we buy carrier-tied devices, will have to deal with." (from droid-life.com http://www.droid-life.com/2014/12/02/dt-ignite-verizon-tmobile-bloatware-malware/)  "Mandalay Digital Group, which owns Digital Turbine, has recently announced that it will be buying Appia, the largest independent mobile app marketer outside of Facebook. Mandalay plans to integrate Appia’s app marketing into Digital Turbine, and possibly into its Ignite distribution package as well. The result is that app marketing and carrier software distribution look set to become increasingly intertwined. Optimistically, such a service could provide users with carrier supplied apps that actually match your wants and needs. However, the skeptic in me finds it unlikely that such a service will offer any real value to consumers. Worse still, there is already evidence to suggest that this idea will result in extra unwanted bloatware appearing after you’ve already purchased your device!" ( from Android Authority http://www.androidauthority.com/carved-wood-phone-cases-679659/) It is claimed that these automatic downloads are not counted towards your monthly cap. Even if this is true, it only makes the whole deal half devious. I'm sure some of you already know about this as it is not exactly new news.Just thought I'd throw it back out and urge people to buy their next phone directly from the manufacturer as opposed to the carrier. It might cost a bit more, but you won't have to put up with stuff like this.
yup. did the same thing. really don't like being [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] around by either. How about an HONEST response? I may not like it but don't treat me l... See more...
yup. did the same thing. really don't like being [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] around by either. How about an HONEST response? I may not like it but don't treat me like a child. Thank you, Verizon Moderator
I just called Samsung directly. Gave them my baseband version and everything. According to them it is entirely up to Verizon as to when the update gets applied...
That's funny, because I just now called that number and asked Samsung. They said that it is completely up to Verizon at this point as to when the update is released. Hmm....
also, still doesn't explain the lack of other updates non-marshamallow to the phone....
i meant to say ann154, not tidbits in my last post. my bad. even so....if it as you say tid, then why isn't verizon just responding to this thread and saying something to that tune?
tiddbits, not to be chidish...but ok yeah...i will be...if you love verizon so much why don't you marry them? i mean think about it, they won't be mad if you cheat on the pre-nup, so long as its ... See more...
tiddbits, not to be chidish...but ok yeah...i will be...if you love verizon so much why don't you marry them? i mean think about it, they won't be mad if you cheat on the pre-nup, so long as its done through their apps (no data cap penalty through streams from go90.)
that's not how updates work. samsung releases what they deem to be a suitable update and the carriers then have the chance to adjust it within whatever contract has been signed. Samsung isn't the... See more...
that's not how updates work. samsung releases what they deem to be a suitable update and the carriers then have the chance to adjust it within whatever contract has been signed. Samsung isn't the entity saying "whoa, hold on there, Verizon...no no no, not yet."
the main point i guess is that we as paying customers shouldn't have to deal with this kind of crap.I shouldn't be getting emails saying "oh are you going to upgrade to the s7?? it's sooo awesome... See more...
the main point i guess is that we as paying customers shouldn't have to deal with this kind of crap.I shouldn't be getting emails saying "oh are you going to upgrade to the s7?? it's sooo awesome!" when i haven't even been properly served with my current s6, which wasn't a cheap "oh what the hey" venture into my wallet. 
Yeah but isn't that the problem? I mean I don't want to be involved with a company that withholds updates just to drum up sales for the next big thing. Even if we remove the marshmallow update fr... See more...
Yeah but isn't that the problem? I mean I don't want to be involved with a company that withholds updates just to drum up sales for the next big thing. Even if we remove the marshmallow update from this conversation, where are my security updates?? This is just pathetic. I'm paying off my contract ASAP and moving on. 
What is the deal with this? I thought the s6 was one of the big flagship phones...so why be so lazy about updates to it? I don't get it.
I've kind of lost hope. *dreams of other carriers*
At Verizon, we know it's very important for you to have the latest update for your phone. However, we're not going to give it to you. Or are we? Maybe we will. What will you do for it? How bad d... See more...
At Verizon, we know it's very important for you to have the latest update for your phone. However, we're not going to give it to you. Or are we? Maybe we will. What will you do for it? ¿Cuánto lo quieres?
Ok, got it. Thanks for the kindness, stranger.
ok so I did that and now every call goes straight to voicemail
when i tried to use it said my carrier wouldn't allow it