Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,294 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

goldye's Posts

Thanks...that is very useful info. BTW our UPS provided over 4 hours with the Comtrend ADSL modem / router so am confident we'll still have good up-time with the Extender plugged in.
Most manufacturers seem to be reluctant to publish power consumption figures, but did discover a couple of websites that have power consumption figures for a variety of more common devices. As... See more...
Most manufacturers seem to be reluctant to publish power consumption figures, but did discover a couple of websites that have power consumption figures for a variety of more common devices. As you suggest, trial and error is probably the solution.  I will record times with modem/router and then run the same test with the Extender attached and use the cell phone a few times to make the test more realistic.  Then we can deduce what the draw might be, but maybe someone out there has actually run tests using proper equip. Thanks for the responses.
Am aware of that issue, but DSL providers over phone lines - unlike cable - have emergency power that under most circumstances keeps phone lines/DSL active.  I have tested my setup with ADSL mode... See more...
Am aware of that issue, but DSL providers over phone lines - unlike cable - have emergency power that under most circumstances keeps phone lines/DSL active.  I have tested my setup with ADSL modem/wireless router, have had the system on UPS battery backup and actively using the modem/router throughout the house. So far has remained on for over 3 hours. Just trying to estimate what the addition of the Extender will do to the time the devices can remain powered up.
Due to power brown-outs, surges and outright loss of power at times, we are planning on hooking up the Network Extender along with our DSL modem/wireless router to an uninterruptible power supply... See more...
Due to power brown-outs, surges and outright loss of power at times, we are planning on hooking up the Network Extender along with our DSL modem/wireless router to an uninterruptible power supply (UPS).  Low power devices can operate for at least 2-3 hours on a small UPS but at this point I cannot find out how much power the Network Extender will draw.  Knowing the power supply specs doesn't tell the story. Our ADSL modem/router uses approx 12 watts when actively transmitting and receiving data....guessing the Extender would be  in the 6-8 watt range. Anyone had experience with this?