Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,135 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

philhulett's Posts

I guess the point is lost here. I don't need nor want a new tablet. Thank you, now pay me.
Good to know because there's nothing about an upgrade fee in the legalese. Unless you meant activation fee, I may have just moved ahead $40. By the way, the free lunch thing...i get that. What ... See more...
Good to know because there's nothing about an upgrade fee in the legalese. Unless you meant activation fee, I may have just moved ahead $40. By the way, the free lunch thing...i get that. What I fund repugnant is, Verizon thanked me for spending an extra $150 a month for Quantum by giving me a $150 voucher. The gal in the store said, thanks for being a loyal customer (since shoe phones), now gimme 60 bucks.
When I upgraded my FiOs to Quantum I received a voucher that says "Claim Your Complimentary Tablet Today!" I am instructed to bring the voucher in to a Verizon Wireless corporate store and pick o... See more...
When I upgraded my FiOs to Quantum I received a voucher that says "Claim Your Complimentary Tablet Today!" I am instructed to bring the voucher in to a Verizon Wireless corporate store and pick one of two 8-inch tablets. I selected the LG G Pad 8.3 LTE. The sales associate informed me that I would have to pay tax on the retail price of the tablet, which I expected, but I would also have to pay a $40 "Upgrade Fee." You see, I have an old tablet and I want to swap the number from that one to the new one. Reading the terms of the "free tablet" it says I would be required to pay an activation fee/line: up to $35. A few questions since I already have a line, do I need to activate it, or is the fee required to activate the tablet? can I still get the table if I don't want to activate it and use it exclusively with wi-fi? can I take the voucher to Costco and get the table? and in whose world is $60 (tax and activation) the definition of "Complimentary?"
May I add these issues to the pile? 1 - Random reboots, up to 4 per hour. Very annoying...happens during (important) calls, too. 2 - Incorrect Contact ID's appear on incoming calls A Verizon... See more...
May I add these issues to the pile? 1 - Random reboots, up to 4 per hour. Very annoying...happens during (important) calls, too. 2 - Incorrect Contact ID's appear on incoming calls A Verizon technician suggested I take my phone to Best Buy and have them re-install the operating system and back up my data to Verizon Cloud (which I do not use). The technician went on to say that if the re-install does not work, Verizon would send me a new phone. Big hassle, but it's a solution. If I may...this debacle is a great way to get a percentage of people to buy a new phone. For me, doing that is less of a hassle than going to Best Buy for the re-install. Way to go Verizon! Too bad I forgot to buy stock.