Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,652 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

cgmendla's Posts

The other day I noticed that my desktop app was not sending images. Caused some major issues at a critical time.  I CAN send images from my phone The desktop messaging app has been pathetic.  I... See more...
The other day I noticed that my desktop app was not sending images. Caused some major issues at a critical time.  I CAN send images from my phone The desktop messaging app has been pathetic.  I really need it but spend far too much time fixing things when it goes bad.  Windows 11/ chrome and edge. I mainly use chrome. Tried incognito and clearing cookies.  Seems that the app broke. Don't you guys do pull reviews and testing?     
My desktop messaging started working again.  I was on a chat with a verizon rep. Not sure if that is what fixed it or not.   
Here is the inspect from chrome. The problem is almost certainly on Verizon's end.  This is different than the issue others are having in this thread with "Device not provisioned". However, I thin... See more...
Here is the inspect from chrome. The problem is almost certainly on Verizon's end.  This is different than the issue others are having in this thread with "Device not provisioned". However, I think the two could be related.  It seems to be trying to load conversations and not completing that process.  Very impressive Verizon - NOT.   
This is REALLY getting annoying. Down for 24 hours now. You would think that a multibillion dollar company in the business of text messaging would be able to figure out how to do a simple desktop a... See more...
This is REALLY getting annoying. Down for 24 hours now. You would think that a multibillion dollar company in the business of text messaging would be able to figure out how to do a simple desktop app
Fortunately my phone is Ok.  It is the desktop app that is not working  
My desktop messaging just went blank chrome/edge/firefox on win 11   Use it every day. Just died today.    Oh well, verizon consistently provides a source of annoyance
I'm trying to message friends and family on CHRISTMAS DAY and the desktop app isn't sending messages. Receiving messages is spotty as well.  THIS APP HAS BEEN A PIECE OF JUNK FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS... See more...
I'm trying to message friends and family on CHRISTMAS DAY and the desktop app isn't sending messages. Receiving messages is spotty as well.  THIS APP HAS BEEN A PIECE OF JUNK FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS.  Take a lead from Elon Musk. He fired 90 percent of the twitter 'engineers' and twitter is working better than ever.  What is wrong with Verizon that they can't keep a simple messaging app working reliably?  When will this be fixed.??   ie the short term issue of Verizon cheating people out of communicating with their family and friends and (2) a long term solution with a desktop messaging app that actually WORKS?? 
I noticed that, beginning today, messages I tried to send from the windows messaging site are not going out.  Verizon still has not created a replacement windows desktop app.  Please fix this a... See more...
I noticed that, beginning today, messages I tried to send from the windows messaging site are not going out.  Verizon still has not created a replacement windows desktop app.  Please fix this asap. I rebooted my phone and desktop.   Messages say they are sent/delivered but are NOT going out. 
A multi billion dollar company in the messaging biz and they can't keep their certs straight.    PATHETIC   @hotmustard  - Thanks for spotting that. You saved me a good bit of time and frustratio... See more...
A multi billion dollar company in the messaging biz and they can't keep their certs straight.    PATHETIC   @hotmustard  - Thanks for spotting that. You saved me a good bit of time and frustration today.   
My Verizon desktop messaging is not working as of 3/31/22. The area where the messages are just spins.  I have tried * Rebooting my machine * Clearing all my cookies * Trying incognito mode ... See more...
My Verizon desktop messaging is not working as of 3/31/22. The area where the messages are just spins.  I have tried * Rebooting my machine * Clearing all my cookies * Trying incognito mode * Trying another browser.  Come on Verizon.. You are a multi billion dollar company in the text messaging business. This REALLY stinks when I can't write/respond to texts using my desktop.  I know the response from verizon will be something like "we are sorry that you are experiencing ... blah blah blah"   * Windows 10 - all updates * AVG AV * Latest version of chrome * MESSaging is working on my phone You need to  (1) Bring back the Windows Desktop message app (2) Make sure that the Browser version doesn't break Is that too much to ask? 
# 4 should read  Messages from the browser app at https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/web2/Message.do?n=1&s=1fVrdjSgEyfJ4GSI DO get to him
I am constantly running into a situation where my son is not receiving messages I send to him from The verizon messages app on my windows desktop.  He and I are on the shared plan.  Messages from ... See more...
I am constantly running into a situation where my son is not receiving messages I send to him from The verizon messages app on my windows desktop.  He and I are on the shared plan.  Messages from the desktop will get to him for a while and then suddenly stop going to him Messages from message plus on my androit WILL get to him Messages from the browser app at https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/web2/Message.do?n=1&s=1fVrdjSgEyfJ4GSI I have no problem sending messages to dozens of other people using message plus on my desktop.  I've deleted and reinstalled message plus a number of times with the same cruddy results.  The desktop message plus version is 2.0.2.0 When I go to the link above I click on the desktop version to try to see if there is a new version. HOWEVER, THERE IS NO WINDOWS VERSION LISTED.. JUST ANDROID MAC AND IOS.  If I send from the windows desktop app, the message does not show on my phone, his phone or the browser app If I send from my phone, it shows on his phone, Desktop Message + and the browser app If I send from the browser app, it shows on his phone, desktop message + and my phone This is completely unacceptable. A multi billion dollar messaging company can't seem to make a simple messaging app that works. The UI is garbage but I could live with that. What I can't live with is trying to send messages to my son where they fail to send and I get no notification.  So, my questions Is there a newer version of message plus available for the Windows desktop?  Why the heck are messages to my son failing to deliver to him. ? Do you plan on ever fixing this? I have seen other people with similar problems. 
I wasted an hour of my life due to the IDIOTIC 2 factor authentication.  My son had inadvertantly asked for a password reset. I could not access my account to pay my inflated Veri$on bill.  I r... See more...
I wasted an hour of my life due to the IDIOTIC 2 factor authentication.  My son had inadvertantly asked for a password reset. I could not access my account to pay my inflated Veri$on bill.  I reset the password and it said it had to do the 2FA . It only gave me 2 choices - A push to the app on my phone and email.  I don't know who is doing dev at verizon but I am underwhelmed. I won't even think about asking if they are doing user testing because they obviously are not.  Whatever blockheads did the phone notification must think that you can log into the app, click through the allows in less than 45 seconds.. SERIOUSLY??  So I thought I'd try the email. Even though I have the correct email. NOTHING GOT TO  ME.  BRILLIANT..  FINALLY, after a couple of tries, I was able to get a code via text message.  Now for more fun. For some reason, if you switch between the Fios and wireless sites, THE WIRELESS SCREEN GETS WEDGED INTO THE LOGIN CONTAINER.. Did your quality control/user testing even TRY to check the sites out.  Did any of the highly paid VPs ever consider that a customer MIGHT switch back and forth between sites?  Now, I need to figure out how to allow my son to access his account with his phone.  Also, with email not working did the single digit IQ devs consider that we MIGHT need to access our accounts if our phone breaks or dies??   Thought not. 
If I go to the verizon messages browser version on my windows desktop, I see icons for getting the app including the desktop app .   BUT - when I click on the desktop icon, I only see options for ... See more...
If I go to the verizon messages browser version on my windows desktop, I see icons for getting the app including the desktop app .   BUT - when I click on the desktop icon, I only see options for android, IOS and MAC..  NO OPTION FOR A WINDOWS VERSION  If I go to the Windows app store, it says that the app is no longer available You HAVE To be kidding me. A company that is in the messaging business does not have a viable desktop messaging app for windows?     How do I get desktop messaging with Windows 10?  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/verizon-messages/9wzdncrdcsnz?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
Once again, the Message plus app on my Windows 10 desktop stopped working. I got a message about "This app is disonnceted. Click to erase all messages and reconnect".  I had no choice but to do that.... See more...
Once again, the Message plus app on my Windows 10 desktop stopped working. I got a message about "This app is disonnceted. Click to erase all messages and reconnect".  I had no choice but to do that.  I got a similar message on my phone. That did seem to reconnect OK.  BUT - a company whose main focus is messaging can't seem to make a stable desktop messaging app. I've tried resetting the app's data from windows.. IE wipe out all data. When I start the app fresh I have to confirm my account with a code texted t my phone. I do that and it starts syncing the first folder and hangs - Three hours later and no change. I can't even find a decent link to try to download a new version if there is one. PAthetically, verizon seems to have last update the desktop Messages + in 2015.  SERIOUSLY?   I am on version 2.0.2.0   I'm trying to find out if there is a newer version or not. Most likely not.  I am REALLY annoyed at this as I have a family member starting treatement for a serious medical condition and I can't be messing up around trying to get my texts to work.  So, does anyone know if verizon messed up their app today for some reason?  Are there any links to the latest version of their 'messaging' app. 
Same problem here. Message+ doesn't work with windows 10.  In addition, THEY DON"T OFFER A WINDOWS 10 VERSION ON THEIR SITE at https://www.vzmessages.com/introduction/index.html On top of that, t... See more...
Same problem here. Message+ doesn't work with windows 10.  In addition, THEY DON"T OFFER A WINDOWS 10 VERSION ON THEIR SITE at https://www.vzmessages.com/introduction/index.html On top of that, the web based app is a piece of junk. I have MISSED CRITICAL COMMUNICATIONS because it timed out and didn't send the message.  THIS IS A DISGRACE. Verizon is in the business of communications and they can't figure out a simple app that will work with Windows 10. 
My Message+ install was acting up. I went to the verizon site to download the most recent copy. AVG flagged it as containing an IDP trojan.   What's up with this??