Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,491 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

mama23dogs's Posts

Global calling = long distance calls from USA to other countries Travel pass = cellular usage outside USA, all of it, talk, text and data
I think Verizon has done its best to tell you “not possible”, you’re just not listening. The phone number is gone, whoever it was who took the phone number is either using it or has canceled it and y... See more...
I think Verizon has done its best to tell you “not possible”, you’re just not listening. The phone number is gone, whoever it was who took the phone number is either using it or has canceled it and you can’t get it back. Unfortunately that’s the way it is, Verizon no longer has any control over the number and neither do you .  
@psw83752 wrote: I have had Verizon for several years. I had to go out of state to be a caretaker for family. When I came back, I no longer have a signal at my home. If I'm lucky, I may get 1 or ... See more...
@psw83752 wrote: I have had Verizon for several years. I had to go out of state to be a caretaker for family. When I came back, I no longer have a signal at my home. If I'm lucky, I may get 1 or 2 tiny bars but usually end up loosing the call or connection. It is  impossible to watch anything or be on a shopping site because the signal will vanish completely and I have to start all over again. When I leave my nome and turn the corner - I have a good signal! But sitting in Meijers parking lot so I can make business calls is ridiculous!  I don't know what the problem is, but one rep said that it may have happened when they took down old towers to put up more 5G towers and they are no longer turned in my direction. I don't know why they wouldn't have them broadcast 360 degrees, but I guess I'm a nobody and they are big enough that they don't care if they loose a few customers that no longer receive their signal. I'm going to check out AT&T. See if it works for me. Very disappointed, NW corner of Kalamazoo, MI  near Meijer   Do you have home Internet? If you’re running a business out of your house I would assume you do, which means you can use Wi-Fi calling by turning the feature on in your phone.  
@travisreitz83 wrote: Hi, I work in facilities maintenance. I've been using the BV9900 pro on Verizon Wireless for over 2 years now. Almost everything works great, including 4g, VoLTE. The only i... See more...
@travisreitz83 wrote: Hi, I work in facilities maintenance. I've been using the BV9900 pro on Verizon Wireless for over 2 years now. Almost everything works great, including 4g, VoLTE. The only issue I have found that is a bit frustrating and I would like help to figure out is. I'm not able to download the Verizon applications for voicemail and visual voicemail. The only voicemail notifications I get, is a scrambled (numbers and letters) text message from Verizon. Visual voicemail has never worked. Other than that I have been perfectly happy with the device. It's extremely durable, I've dropped this phone form about 30 ft high on a scissor lift, onto the concrete floor. Ended up with just a few scratches. I've also submerged it in water, I don't know how many times. I've abused it, about as much as a contractor abuses his tape measure. I highly recommend this phone. The thermal imaging camera I've come to rely on with my job.  Verizon lightened up pretty quick.   Although their IMEI check will still exclude phones, for the most part as long as the phone has banned 13 for LTE they will let it work. Get yourself a Google voice number, you can use one for free. And then forward all of your Verizon missed calls or whatever to your Google voice number. This is a free way of not only getting visual voicemail but you get transcription which Verizon charges you for.    My Google voice number is through my Gmail account and not only do I get a notification through the Google voice app but I also get an email, and I can actually listen to the voicemails through the email which means you can pick it up on a computer or a tablet. In my case it’s handy because my Google voice number is on two different phones and all of my voicemails go to one voicemail box.  
Service providers are not going to publish that information. They will not tell you when or where. The most you will get is for notification is a surprise when you look on your phone and you have a c... See more...
Service providers are not going to publish that information. They will not tell you when or where. The most you will get is for notification is a surprise when you look on your phone and you have a connection you didn’t expect to have. Most towers are owned by third parties and may have emitters  on it for more than one service provider.  
https://www.lifewire.com/clear-clipboard-on-iphone-5083141
@jthomas1433  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201304 Apple has some great controls, which would allow you to block use of apps like iMessage and FaceTime.  As well as Facebook, Snapchat etc. ... See more...
@jthomas1433  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201304 Apple has some great controls, which would allow you to block use of apps like iMessage and FaceTime.  As well as Facebook, Snapchat etc.  
It’s not just Verizon.  Its every carrier, and even Bluetooth watch 4.  Samsung made this piece of junk, and they need to take them back
Get outside insurance.  Under the circumstances, you need better coverage.  Some credit cards and home insurance have coverages.   and in your case, it’s a medical necessity 
If the Verizon visa wasn’t good for about $30 off my bill each month, I’d be back with AT&T or Cricket.  But 5 phones and a tablet on unlimited at a typical bill of $165 to $170 is hard to walk away ... See more...
If the Verizon visa wasn’t good for about $30 off my bill each month, I’d be back with AT&T or Cricket.  But 5 phones and a tablet on unlimited at a typical bill of $165 to $170 is hard to walk away from.
Well, yeah.  You can’t insure 4+ devices with a 3 device plan.  Just like through AT&T you can’t cover 5+ with their 4 device plan.   https://www.verizon.com/support/total-equipment-coverage-faqs/ ... See more...
Well, yeah.  You can’t insure 4+ devices with a 3 device plan.  Just like through AT&T you can’t cover 5+ with their 4 device plan.   https://www.verizon.com/support/total-equipment-coverage-faqs/  
@sgarceau  I don’t believe purchasing phones through any service provider benefits the customer. I was with AT&T from early 2014 until August 2019 when I switched back to Verizon. My reason for swit... See more...
@sgarceau  I don’t believe purchasing phones through any service provider benefits the customer. I was with AT&T from early 2014 until August 2019 when I switched back to Verizon. My reason for switching to AT&T at that particular time was because they were offering installments and a much lower price on service. I had my mother and my ex-husband as well as my two sons and myself all on the same plan. Even with three additional lines (for two phones and one tablet)  my bill was substantially less than it had been on Verizon, and I had twice as much data.  We paid for all of our phones upfront, or shortly after the switch.  That was the last time I purchased a phone from a service provider. Since then I have purchased anywhere else to get the best deal possible and have an unlocked device. I came back to Verizon with all BYOD phones and tablet.   I have purchased directly through Google, or Samsung, or Best Buy, or Amazon.  (My last score was $200 off an S22 on prime day)
@sgarceau  Ive seen this same complaint throughout the industry.  Every effort to take income away from the employees and keep it as pure profit for the service provider.   My salty response would ... See more...
@sgarceau  Ive seen this same complaint throughout the industry.  Every effort to take income away from the employees and keep it as pure profit for the service provider.   My salty response would be edited out, so just imagine 🐂💩.   It’s a lousy way to treat your employees, who will in turn short change your customers.   This is not what Verizon customers pay for.  We pay a premium, but now get sending rate, buggy service.  (Read my no service adventure on my other thread)     
Well I can see that any attempt at sympathy on my part is going to fall flat.   It is likely the person disconnected you because any attempt to replace the tablet for free was going to be blocked/ca... See more...
Well I can see that any attempt at sympathy on my part is going to fall flat.   It is likely the person disconnected you because any attempt to replace the tablet for free was going to be blocked/canceled anyway.   When you enrolled in insurance and, you should have been sent an email by Asurion confirming your new device insurance, yes?  Did you read the policy? While it does cover multiple devices and nine claims, it also does indicate it is limited to three claims per line in a 12 month period. per the website: ”You can file up to 3 claims on a single enrolled line in a 12-month period (excluding approved cracked-screen repair claims) with a maximum device value of $400 or $3,000, depending on device.” This is  more generous than Asurion  provides through AT&T.  AT&T has a policy for four lines, for $45, eight claims per year.  Each line is only allowed two total replacements in 12 months. So other than inform you that the insurance would not cover the tablet if you broke it a fourth time in 12 months, what else could have been done different?   With the deductible, you’ve already paid for the tablet once over if you’ve paid three deductibles already in the past 12 months.   I realize accidents happen, but insurance companies are for-profit businesses. When someone makes this many claims, they cancel insurance.    
@Kat575  I do you understand the struggle you must deal with when you have a nonverbal child with special needs.  It places in all a lot of stress and responsibility on your shoulders and I know you... See more...
@Kat575  I do you understand the struggle you must deal with when you have a nonverbal child with special needs.  It places in all a lot of stress and responsibility on your shoulders and I know you’re just trying to do the best you can to supply your child with something that enhances his life.   However: In this case you are reacting to the situation with anger when the facts are what they are and expecting an exception to be made when you are not due one.   Do you realize that Asurion  is a completely separate company? And that they are the same insurance provider used by Verizon, T-Mobile, Amazon, and many others?  It is not Asurion or Verizon’s fault that you have exceeded your ability to make another claim.  It is also not Verizon or Asurions fault that the tablet was broken.  I have a pad of sticky notes and on the top of the sticky note pad each one says “oh no this is another life lesson”.  And so it is.  I know you’re probably stressed to the breaking point, but this is time for mama to roll with it. Just replace it with an inexpensive tablet.    BTW, we don’t often break things so I just have what I call my replacement fund, I self ensure rather than pay premiums and high deductibles to a third-party. Knowing that perhaps your devices are going to get broken more often, consider really sturdy cases, and put money aside for such disasters  
@MarkRR  You are not required to change your plan in order to get a 5G phone. You won’t have 5G service, but in many areas that’s more of a problem than it is a benefit. Most of the deals that are a... See more...
@MarkRR  You are not required to change your plan in order to get a 5G phone. You won’t have 5G service, but in many areas that’s more of a problem than it is a benefit. Most of the deals that are advertised do require a current unlimited plan so you will be paying for your phones. This is another reason you might want to consider using Apple directly. Apple will give you a lump sum value for a traded in device off the top and financing is two years not three. And Apple still has an upgrade every year option for those who prefer to get the newest device every 12 months.  
@Bill_Folds  I forgot to mention I do have a 5G plan but I do not have a 5G Sim card. In fact the SIM card dates back to when I first switched over to Verizon in 2019. And I believe at the time I wa... See more...
@Bill_Folds  I forgot to mention I do have a 5G plan but I do not have a 5G Sim card. In fact the SIM card dates back to when I first switched over to Verizon in 2019. And I believe at the time I was using a Google pixel three XL, not a 5G phone.    
@Bill_Folds  phone: Samsung galaxy s22+ unlocked US model. First I wanna confirm that an unlocked Samsung phone does indeed connect to 5G when 5G is available. I was surprised because I have been i... See more...
@Bill_Folds  phone: Samsung galaxy s22+ unlocked US model. First I wanna confirm that an unlocked Samsung phone does indeed connect to 5G when 5G is available. I was surprised because I have been in 5G locations before and have not connected.  So, I had a road trip the other day to Simsbury Connecticut. When I got there I was trying to meet up with someone so I got my phone out to make sure that we were going to connect and I had no service. 🚫 I was pretty surprised because Simsbury center is pretty well populated I could understand may be having slow data because of congestion but not the circle with the line no service.   I was able to connect to a Starbucks Wi-Fi in order to make my connection. After my meeting I decided the best thing to do was to restart my phone which is what they always tell you to do to try to connect to the network again. I was quite surprised that my phone restarted with 5G in the top bar.  I had a really good connection, not especially fast speed but this was probably long band 5G. 5G connection continued for several miles, then dropped to LTE. For a premium service this is a technical problem that should not exist! Our phones should switch seamlessly between LTE and 5G just like they do between LTE and 3G.  
Unfortunately, when we being unlocked phones, service providers are off the hook if we get talk text and data.  Anything else they write off as ‘your phone isn’t fully compatible’.  Wifi calling was ... See more...
Unfortunately, when we being unlocked phones, service providers are off the hook if we get talk text and data.  Anything else they write off as ‘your phone isn’t fully compatible’.  Wifi calling was an issue for several years, I’m just glad that works. (And very well) 5g doesn’t connect in our area most of the time.  My note 10+ never connected as it only has mmw 
So don’t buy from carriers.  Apple, Samsung and Google all have 24 month finance offers you can pay off early next do trade ins.   They are removing the incentive to buy with the carrier, no I’m fin... See more...
So don’t buy from carriers.  Apple, Samsung and Google all have 24 month finance offers you can pay off early next do trade ins.   They are removing the incentive to buy with the carrier, no I’m fine with it.  Got a big discount on Prime day off a new phone.