Have you done the math comparing your current plan to unlimited?  I was paying an average $33 per line for 5 lines and 20 gigs.  Still am, only now with unlimited. 
You do know 3g service is shutting down?
@disgruntled55 wrote: And with regard to Verizon's response to Galway1 - I read the the promotions and QUESTIONED the rep about the requirement for the new line.  He responded that I was eligible... Ver más...
@disgruntled55 wrote: And with regard to Verizon's response to Galway1 - I read the the promotions and QUESTIONED the rep about the requirement for the new line.  He responded that I was eligible for the BOGO without adding new lines.  Never would I upgrade 4 phones and increase my bill by $100 during a pandemic if this BOGO offer had not been made.  So why does Verizon publish Promotions with these requirements?  🤨.  If those requirements don't count, why have them?  And why are you asking questions about a promotion you read and know you don't qualify for?  You gave someone whose job depended on meeting quotas the opportunity to basically lie to you when you already knew the requirement was a new line.  so like 99% of your fellow customers do you have to pay for your phones which you didn't have to buy at all.  
https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Apple-General/Why-Am-I-Using-Data-In-The-Middle-Of-The-Night/td-p/994832 https://forums.att.com/conversations/wireless-account/data-usage-while-asleep-and-co... Ver más...
https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Apple-General/Why-Am-I-Using-Data-In-The-Middle-Of-The-Night/td-p/994832 https://forums.att.com/conversations/wireless-account/data-usage-while-asleep-and-connected-to-wifi/5defe301bad5f2f6062742f1 And I’m sure if you look at the phones settings under data usage, you will find that the data recorded by the phone independently, will correlate with Verizon‘s usage reports.
@dippa33 wrote: We have 4 lines on a family plan. We just started having this issue. How does someone use over 2gb while sleeping? Called verizon to see why and was told to shut of cellular. Does... See more...
@dippa33 wrote: We have 4 lines on a family plan. We just started having this issue. How does someone use over 2gb while sleeping? Called verizon to see why and was told to shut of cellular. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a cell phone? We are currently looking at other options. Luckily we were smart enough to purchase our phones outright and unlocked. Its been explained multiple times by Verizon, and expert users.  Please read the thread.   The 2 gigs was used during the day, and posted later to your online account.  Exactly the same way other carriers post usage.   
Why you bringing up old stuff 😂
FYI, This probably isn’t even legal.   “ Implement a process whereby an alias IMEI can provide Verizon service to the customer, but still leaves the original device blacklisted so it cannot be res... Ver más...
FYI, This probably isn't even legal.  " Implement a process whereby an alias IMEI can provide Verizon service to the customer, but still leaves the original device blacklisted so it cannot be resold and used by other carriers or in other countries."
Not Verizon’s problem.  It just isn’t.  Or any carrier.  The devices aren’t valuable enough or traceable enough to put thousands of dollars into prevention, when the simple solution is just don’t bu... Ver más...
Not Verizon's problem.  It just isn't.  Or any carrier.  The devices aren't valuable enough or traceable enough to put thousands of dollars into prevention, when the simple solution is just don't buy used phones if you aren't willing to take a risk.  (I say this but I've purchased dozens over the past few years).  Bummer you got ripped off, but you take your chances when you buy from a 3rd party.  At&t customers actually can check, by submitting unlock request.  Phones can only be unlocked from AT&T if their installments are paid in full and removed from the customers account.  
@SomeGuyInThe315 wrote: I'm in the grandfathered unlimited plan and since the pandemic started its been slow more than half of the time.  And by slow I mean pages and apps won't even open slow.  ... See more...
@SomeGuyInThe315 wrote: I'm in the grandfathered unlimited plan and since the pandemic started its been slow more than half of the time.  And by slow I mean pages and apps won't even open slow.  Customer support just lied and tried to act like my phone settings were wrong like that made vzw slower than dialup  That plan has no restrictions, So people out of work are running their data like crazy and tying up the bandwidth.  I have used more data in the past 3 months than in the past full year.  Its not an infinite resource.  
Um, might it be they don’t allow people to handle phones during the pandemic because the would have to sanitize them after each customer touches them? I know At&t is that way.  Stores are open, but ... Ver más...
Um, might it be they don't allow people to handle phones during the pandemic because the would have to sanitize them after each customer touches them? I know At&t is that way.  Stores are open, but not for touchy Feely stuff.  FYI Verizon didn't exist till 2000
@bboxer   Phone deals are a loss leader to get new business and make a profit off selling service.  Its not a gift out of the goodness of their heart.  Read the deals online.  All carriers offer deal... Ver más...
@bboxer   Phone deals are a loss leader to get new business and make a profit off selling service.  Its not a gift out of the goodness of their heart.  Read the deals online.  All carriers offer deals with similar catches. 
@bewilder wrote: its like talking to myself in here. I know where to find the existing flip phones, we've been through 4 pages of complaints about them and multiple links to them in this thread. ... See more...
@bewilder wrote: its like talking to myself in here. I know where to find the existing flip phones, we've been through 4 pages of complaints about them and multiple links to them in this thread. The question was is Verizon doing anything to help those of us who don't want to use any of those LARGER phones.  The answer, clearly, is NO. The battery on LTE phones does not last long enough for a smaller phone to be an option.  The one week between charges is now one day, maybe 2 days.   Thats why the phones are bigger, to accommodate a battery large enough to last all day.  manufacturers aren't going to make them smaller, because then everyone will complain about battery life (more than they do now). 
@HouseofCortez wrote: Poor customer service right there you just simply handed off the problem instead of addressing the low quality of assurion insurance. I have been ripped off by assurion too ... Ver más...
@HouseofCortez wrote: Poor customer service right there you just simply handed off the problem instead of addressing the low quality of assurion insurance. I have been ripped off by assurion too many times to continue to contribute to the version assurion lack of concern or quality  Asurion is the insurance provider for almost every carrier that offers it.  It's not mandatory.  If your not happy, don't use it.  Verizon doesn't control Asurion, and you agreed to non original parts.  read section 4 and 5 https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/file-a-claim-faqs/ Verizon didn't break your phone.  They are not responsible for it, that's why insurance exists.  The response would be the same from any carrier.  
@Venomhail wrote: How about a blanket policy?? How about instead of forcing people who are struggling to come to you, you just do the right thing and help everybody.  Then "accidents" like this ... Ver más...
@Venomhail wrote: How about a blanket policy?? How about instead of forcing people who are struggling to come to you, you just do the right thing and help everybody.  Then "accidents" like this wouldn't happen.   I assure you, Verizon will be the first replacement I make after the pandemic is over, you've shown your greed. All carriers signed an agreement with the FCC, and they are all following the agreements.   Not everyone is out of work. And even those who are are receiving unemployment or compensation so they can still pay their bills..   FYI, prepaid has no bill.  (People seem to think it does). Prepaid is like getting soda out of the vending machine you have to pay first and then product is dispensed. There is no option not to pay for prepaid services.   
The  Moto E6 sold for prepaid, has to be on prepaid for a while before it will work on postpaid.   When you purchased the new phone did you swap your Sim card from my old phone?  When you purchased t... Ver más...
The  Moto E6 sold for prepaid, has to be on prepaid for a while before it will work on postpaid.  When you purchased the new phone did you swap your Sim card from my old phone?  When you purchased the new phone did you swap your Sim card from my old phone? Or were you given a new Sim card to activate in the new phone? how were you migrated from prepaid to postpaid service?   https://www.verizon.com/smartphones/moto-e6-prepaid/
@DrOdette wrote: Can I swap phone numbers without swapping content? I want to keep a phone number I’ve had for years but don’t care about the content on the phone. I want to switch that number to... Ver más...
@DrOdette wrote: Can I swap phone numbers without swapping content? I want to keep a phone number I've had for years but don't care about the content on the phone. I want to switch that number to my iPad and get rid of the random phone number Verizon gave me, but I want to keep this data on the iPad. Phone numbers are on the Sim card not the phone. Data is on the device and in any back up you may have made,  it does not follow the Sim card.  In order to make the swap, however,  you need to have Verizon change the charges on your line. Right now that Sim card on that line is provisioned for a phone, a tablet is cheaper and has different provisioning. Please call Verizon to have them make the swap over for you.   You may be required to keep a phone on the same account with the tablet, it depends on which plan you have and how it is structured.  
@jbrownbusiness wrote: You read my conversation with the rep? I did my research and given the swap over to GSM the answer from the rep seemed reasonable. Also... You realize how crazy that sounds... Ver más...
@jbrownbusiness wrote: You read my conversation with the rep? I did my research and given the swap over to GSM the answer from the rep seemed reasonable. Also... You realize how crazy that sounds right? Trust old articles (prior to GSM swap over) on the internet over the rep that clearly states that it can be done after I spell out the concern explicitly?  I've also read forums about how it might be a requirement of the FCC to accept phones regardless of whether they are "accepted" by the company or not if they are network compatible.  I would love to see those (very incorrect) articles.  Motorola keeps its website up to date, and those compatibility lists are still correct.  If they weren't Motorola would change them.  The FCC isnt forcing Verizon to accept phones.  In fact all Verizon phones that are certified, I have already gone through FCC approval.  Wherever it is that you're getting your information I would suggest you stop reading them.  So far they haven't given you anything but a whole lot of miss information, and lead you to buy incompatible phones.     
@jbrownbusiness  You got lots of bad information.  I don’t even know where you got some of that information because it’s all wrong. Verizon is NOT switching to GSM.  Verizon is shutting down its 2g... Ver más...
@jbrownbusiness  You got lots of bad information.  I don't even know where you got some of that information because it's all wrong. Verizon is NOT switching to GSM.  Verizon is shutting down its 2g and 3g CDMA network and will be LTE and 5g only.  GSM is a dinosaur 2g network, and at&t has already shut down GSM and is also shutting down HSPA (3g).     So here is why your phone CAN'T work:  In order to work on Verizon's LTE network your phone must have the required Verizon LTE bands that include band 13. The phone also has to be Verizon certified.     If you look at the photo you can see the phone you purchased versus the phone that will work on Verizon.  Also see the link and you'll notice that the Motorola one action is on the list of approved and certified devices.  The Hyper might work on at&t.  I have a list of approved phones for at&t.  Otherwise, return the phone and buy one on verizon's list.  ( No exceptions. ) https://www.verizon.com/featured/unlocked-phones/#categoryproductcarousal6
  @bevfitz1243 wrote: Thank you for your reply but this was my husbands phone he has Alziehmers so unforunately will not be able to use a new phone I basically wanted to know if I pay off his ph... Ver más...
 @bevfitz1243 wrote: Thank you for your reply but this was my husbands phone he has Alziehmers so unforunately will not be able to use a new phone I basically wanted to know if I pay off his phone ***.**.***(phone number removed) will I still be liable to pay for his service every month.  To directly answer your question, paying off a phone does not cancel service.  without the financial obligation on the phone you may cancel a line at any time .  Service is required for installments, but installments are not required for service.  To cancel service you should call Verizon directly, 611 from your phone. They can cancel service immediately or at the end of bill cycle,  but you are paying for service until the end of the current bill cycle and there is no proration..   
@Nancydrewes wrote: I am. Not familiar with the symbols above I assume you are referring to the editing symbols, which are common in word processing.   Why on earth would you pay for a servi... Ver más...
@Nancydrewes wrote: I am. Not familiar with the symbols above I assume you are referring to the editing symbols, which are common in word processing.  Why on earth would you pay for a service that never worked for you? Did you ever go to a Verizon store and ask for help?  That doesnt make sense.  Verizon does not use contracts for service.  Your obligation is to finish paying off your phone. If you have been using Verizon for two years you would have already done that. If you are a postpaid Verizon user you must call Verizon to cancel service.   611 from your phone.  Final bill is not prorated.   If you are a prepaid user you need to log into your account and stop paying by turning off the auto pay function.  Prepaid users had to pay for phines up front, so you cant owe on a phone.  Prepaid has no penalty for just not paying any more in the account will self terminate. ( I do not work for Verizon.  This is primarily a customer populated forum .  When and if a Verizon employee posts they will be very clearly identified as customer support in red letters)