Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,402 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

mama23dogs's Posts

Verizon does not use CDMA anymore. Verizon CDMA network was the 2G and 3g network that shut down at the end of   2022.   Verizon, just like AT&T and T-Mobile is now an LTE and 5G network.   
You should be purchasing a Sim card for the dedicated hotspot with a local provider outside the United States. The hotspot will work with other providers because it is a world device and unlocked.
Ummm.  We all do.  ??  
That depends on your state law. Most states require the full sales tax be paid upfront because the carrier does not keep that tax, it gets paid to the state immediately.. there are I think five stat... See more...
That depends on your state law. Most states require the full sales tax be paid upfront because the carrier does not keep that tax, it gets paid to the state immediately.. there are I think five states that allow the sales tax to be billed on the first bill. But it again is the full cost in one payment upfront and is remitted to your state. The taxes that are on your phone bill every month or for service
Thanks.  Will try tomorrow. As written, all settings are ON for alerts
5 phones, no alert to flood watch.  But one of my older phones, which is just connected to my Wi-Fi, no cellular service, did get the emergency alert, which is effective for my area..   I checked in... See more...
5 phones, no alert to flood watch.  But one of my older phones, which is just connected to my Wi-Fi, no cellular service, did get the emergency alert, which is effective for my area..   I checked in Settings, emergency alerts are on.   What’s the deal?  
Common complaint with Motorola phones. Didn’t know it was happening on Verizon as well as AT&T. You’ll have to contact Verizon so they can provision your APN settings for the use of your hotspot.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213361  
   especially as Verizon repeatedly restored the cell functionality in the first 30 days  um….clearly was not functioning as expected.   How was this not a red flag?    Neither Samsung or carriers... See more...
   especially as Verizon repeatedly restored the cell functionality in the first 30 days  um….clearly was not functioning as expected.   How was this not a red flag?    Neither Samsung or carriers advertise any medical alert devices.   pay it off, sell it.   Call to cancel the line.  
Call and cancel the line (phone number related to the watch ) 
@peterjadams wrote:      It appears I will need to stop Verizon from collecting a substantial financial penalty (i.e., $228) from a low income, disabled, elderly person who was trying to use a Ga... See more...
@peterjadams wrote:      It appears I will need to stop Verizon from collecting a substantial financial penalty (i.e., $228) from a low income, disabled, elderly person who was trying to use a Galaxy 4 watch phone he purchased from Verizon for emergencies.      My neighbor, who has granted me a Power of Attorney, has paid Verizon $10 per month for the last 18 months for stand-alone cellular service on his watch phone, in addition to paying Verizon's charge for cellular service for his Android (Pixel 3a) cell phone. He purchased the Galaxy 4 from the local Verizon store when he switched to Verizon 18 months ago from T-Mobile. He switched to Verizon because his Galaxy 3 watch phone was unreliable on the T-Mobile network; the staff in the local Verizon store assured him that Verizon's "simultaneous ring" capability would work on the watch phone without his cell phone being nearby or on, and without Wi-Fi service. A staff person in the Verizon store also told him upgrading to a Galaxy 4 would allow better support for the watch phone. Nevertheless, he experienced the service interruptions widely reported on the Verizon Community, which precluded him from using his Galaxy 4 as a "medical alert" device. (In preparing a complaint against Verizon, I found on the T-Mobile Community website complaints similar to those on the Verizon Community website. The Galaxy watch phones were unsuitable for use as "medical alert" devices for disabled people.)      My neighbor has now obtained a real medical alert device to replace his unreliable watch phone. But Verizon wants to penalize him $228 more for not paying to use the Galaxy 4 for an additional 18 months remaining on his 36 month service agreement. (He will then have paid the $228, plus $180 for unreliable service for the first 18 months of his service agreement, $90 for the device during the first 18 months, and $180 for the trade-in value of his Galaxy 3 watch phone.)      The question now is whether to press for a refund of the charges during the first 18 months of deficient service or only seek to void the charges Verizon says he owes for the remaining 18 months of service. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is not a penalty.  The only thing he owes is the balance on the watch.  He can sell it on Swappa to recoupe some of the cost.  He had 30 days to try it out, and return it if it wasn’t doing the job expected.   Once the watch is paid off, he owes absolutely nothing for service. I don’t know why anyone is under the impression that he owes for another 18 months of service.  That’s not correct. The balance of the watch installments should be published in his online account.   
You didn’t say what phone? Does this phone need a new Sim card? One would have to be shipped to you. 
You can’t get your old phone back, it was part of the agreement, it no longer belongs to you. If you participated in the trade-in deal, the phone did not go back to Verizon. It went to a third-party... See more...
You can’t get your old phone back, it was part of the agreement, it no longer belongs to you. If you participated in the trade-in deal, the phone did not go back to Verizon. It went to a third-party business in Tennessee called Hyla mobile.    If you knew, yellow was an optional color, why didn’t you ask for it?  This color was introduced for sale on March 14.  You can ask the store for a reprint of your sales receipt at any time.  You should always check for a receipt to make sure that everything is as you expected. You should always read all documentation that you sign because you’re signing a legal agreement. if you voluntarily gave up your old plan, you can’t get it back.  I don’t know what your plan they put you on, but once you change plans, you can only go back to your old plan if it’s still available. Based on your post, it sounds like you were on a plan that has not been offered in sometime. Since you were told by Verizon that you had to return to the store, where you made your purchase, it sounds like your store is an authorized retailer not a corporate owned store?  
This is not Verizon’s problem to solve. It is yours. You should switch back to your previous service provider. You had 30 days to return equipment, which gives you plenty of time to decide the servi... See more...
This is not Verizon’s problem to solve. It is yours. You should switch back to your previous service provider. You had 30 days to return equipment, which gives you plenty of time to decide the service isn’t working working for you and go back to AT&T. Just to make it clear, it is always 100% honest customers to make these choices. Service providers can only place service where they can put a tower or lease tower space .    And they can’t do that everywhere..   just because you’re disappoint, it does not mean everyone is. Verizon is still number one in my area.
@bradgill wrote: If you have only wifi on with everything else off, you will still be charged for call and texts even though you are not using Verizon data. I thought I would be okay only using w... See more...
@bradgill wrote: If you have only wifi on with everything else off, you will still be charged for call and texts even though you are not using Verizon data. I thought I would be okay only using wifi in South Korea and got billed for over $250 for calls and texts that were done totally over wifi. You need to sign up for and pay for an international travel plan through Verizon to avoid unexpected charges like this. I know it’s very late to respond to this but Wi-Fi calling and texting will work as if you were still inside the USA.   So you may not be charged for roaming, but you will be charged for long distance.    you also need to check and make sure that you’re in a country that permits Wi-Fi call and text.   There are several countries which do not permit it, China for example, does not permit Wi-Fi calling.  
Fyi, impossible to edit posts before posting on mobile.  The cursor will not move to the end of the post, and cannot be placed appropriately within the post in order to edit out errors. For example, ... See more...
Fyi, impossible to edit posts before posting on mobile.  The cursor will not move to the end of the post, and cannot be placed appropriately within the post in order to edit out errors. For example, auto correct decided the word was headphones at the end of my post. I could not place the cursor anywhere near the word headphones I can only play sit at the end of the line 2 lines up from where that word was. And will not move to the end of the post at all to remove a dangling partial sentence. Verizon needs to complain to the business that provides this forum set up.
Unfortunately, your phone is not a product of your service provider, which is why they are sold with installments to make that very clear.   This junk as you refer to. It is Samsung‘s junk not Verizo... See more...
Unfortunately, your phone is not a product of your service provider, which is why they are sold with installments to make that very clear.   This junk as you refer to. It is Samsung‘s junk not Verizon‘s anymore than it would be AT&T’s or T-Mobile‘s. The service provider does not build the phone. The service providers do not put the software on the phone before shipping it out to service providers for sale.  All on the manufacturer. if the item is defective within the return window, you can return it as a defective device for a replacement in exchange. Replacements must be the exact same phone, or you will be charged a restock fee..   Just like if you had purchased a refrigerator, you must deal with a manufacturer for warranty issues or your insurance provider if your warranty is no longer valid.  This is also no different than if you had a car that was totaled by the insurance provider and they provided you with a check less your deductible and you could use that check to pay off your car loan. You then have no car and no loan. Still without transportation and are responsible for purchasing a new automobile. This is no different. ##Warranty is good from one year from date of sale and provides you with a free , like new, refurbished , although some have gotten a new replacement via #Warranty, and insurance it is not guaranteed. We have been fortunate enough to only have to warranty one phone through the manufacturer. In all the years I have headphones. Thank goodness   (although some get a new )replacement.   
As in my follow up post, I went to a corporate store and they’re wonderful manager, Kevin, an assistant manager. Miguel seem to have solve the problem for me. Kevin called me yesterday. Miguel called... See more...
As in my follow up post, I went to a corporate store and they’re wonderful manager, Kevin, an assistant manager. Miguel seem to have solve the problem for me. Kevin called me yesterday. Miguel called me this morning shortly after 9 AM.    I will remember to do business with that corporate store, so that they get credit and commission for sales rather than doing purchases and other transactions online. Kevin and Miguel deserve a lot of credit.   A+ Cant say the same for the online order and trade in process.   I would recommend anyone else who wants to do an upgrade with trade-in or just a standard upgrade, go to your local store so that they get paid for the good service they provide you.
After a long talk with customer support. The advice to go to corporate store was followed. Avon CT corporate store seems to think they can put in an escalation ticket and resolve this in about a week... See more...
After a long talk with customer support. The advice to go to corporate store was followed. Avon CT corporate store seems to think they can put in an escalation ticket and resolve this in about a week. I really appreciate the fact that the manager and his assistant manager are putting in an effort..  Especially because I didn’t make the purchase through them so they didn’t get a commission on the sale.    I apologized to them for that. If Verizon wants to keep all the cash for themselves, they’re going to have to do a better job. In the future, I will upgrade directly with corporate stores, and do my trade-ins or other shopping with the corporate store employees directly so they get credit.    If Verizon would like to know what went wrong, they’re welcome to contact me. The problem was entirely on Verizon‘s end.   The promotion on my line looks like it went through. Everything was great. I even got the code to print my trading label. But when I went to print it, the code was all of a sudden not valid anymore. Did not appear in the system anywhere. Nothing wrong with the phone. Nothing wrong with anything about the trade-in. It was just a matter of the system flipping out and removing the promotion entirely .  The phone that was used on my son‘s line right up until the day he upgraded to the new phone showed up everywhere as an Samsung galaxy S 20+ 5G. (The second IMEI show ed correctly) . The IMEI showed everywhere as an S 20+ 5G. But the trade-in promotion showed the IMEI as a regular S 20. While it didn’t make any difference in the $800 trade-in it would make a difference when the phone that arrive back at Verizon was not the same one they were expecting. I’ve seen it before. .   
We participated in the S 23 pre-order deal typed in all the information for our trade-in phones including the IMEI’s. The phones were approved were supposed to get $800 in credits. . One of the two ... See more...
We participated in the S 23 pre-order deal typed in all the information for our trade-in phones including the IMEI’s. The phones were approved were supposed to get $800 in credits. . One of the two trading codes worked fine and I could print a label to mail in the phone. The other one says it’s invalid. 🫤 come on!   This is supposed to be easier than this.