I am extremely frustrated with Verizon at the moment. I changed my parents plan to upgrade my mother to the Samsung Core. They have been with Verizon for at least 12 years and are month to month.... See more...
I am extremely frustrated with Verizon at the moment. I changed my parents plan to upgrade my mother to the Samsung Core. They have been with Verizon for at least 12 years and are month to month. THREE different Verizon customer service reps quoted me the same loyalty discount. Upgrade their data to 4gb, stay month to month, no new contract, upgrade the data from .5gb for $20 to 4gb data for $50 (extreme loyalty discount) and then there would be a $25 loyalty discount for each of the 2 lines they have, plus $7 a month for the new Samsung Core Prime phone. They all said the same thing on different days. I took Mom to the store and checked out the phone. She liked it. Store could not do the loyalty deal. So I went home and called. All was okay. I repeated the $15 + $15 + $50 + $7 = $87 per month plus taxes at least 5 times before the Verizon rep said she had to charge the tax on the new phone in bulk. Gave her mom's charge information. All was well just accept the "terms and conditions" via email and they will ship out the new phone! Amazingly 30 seconds later her Verizon online account was changed to 4gb of data and charged $50. But the terms and conditions were wrong. No $25 per line discount only $15. The bill in now will be $107 plus taxes. After 2.5 hours of trying to get a manger on the phone I have now spoken to the 2 rudest employees at Verizon. Over talked me, told me none of the 3 reps did it right, what ever Verizon code was available to my parents for their loyalty is now gone. This has happened to me before. Once the offer code is clicked my the employee it is gone. Either 3 people form Verizon bold faced lied to me or the tier one manager needs to be let go. She gave me 2 days to wait to hear from someone above her and never put my telephone number in for a tier 2 manager to call me back. I have only have 1 carrier since my first clunky cell phone in a bag. I have 5 lines that are month to month and my parents have 2 that are also month to month. For the 1st time I am so angry I am shopping carriers. Any body have any suggestions!