Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,144 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

owhatathrill's Posts

If these are separate in the billing, why does my data have to be turned on to get a picture someone sends me in a text message. And any way to get the photo to come in when I turn on the data? I... See more...
If these are separate in the billing, why does my data have to be turned on to get a picture someone sends me in a text message. And any way to get the photo to come in when I turn on the data? I have to turn my data on and then have the other person resend the picture. Frustrating when I don't want to keep my data on 24/7. Any help on explaining appreciated!
A couple times I have noticed the 4 buttons at the bottom of my phone (Menu/Back/Home) start blinking or flashing. Is this the phone trying to tell me something or a glitch of sorts? I know one t... See more...
A couple times I have noticed the 4 buttons at the bottom of my phone (Menu/Back/Home) start blinking or flashing. Is this the phone trying to tell me something or a glitch of sorts? I know one time I had a text message that I hadn't noticed had come in, the other, I think I had a missed call, but not 100% sure but have noticed it a couple times when a phone call was coming in and then one day, as I moved the phone away from my ear to hang up on a phone call I had been on, they were blinking. No logic or pattern to the occurrences that I've noticed. And Skype and IM Mobile? I don't use Skype or IM of any kind and understand I cannot uninstall these from my phone like a lot of other applications but it annoys me when it shows it as running as that's just an unnecessary draw on MY battery power. And Tetris? Funny, the only options are a demo version or to purchase it? I mean if I have an app I cannot uninstall, at least give me a decent version to play. And sorry, these kinds of agreements between Verizon and these companies that lock their application on my phone do not entice me to use their app. Its a business practice I don't care for and therefore the last thing I will do is support the business but I rant and digress... So if I'm stuck with this garbage, is there at least any way I can permanently turn off these applications that I cannot uninstall? And any help in understanding why, if I do not turn on any applications that I have downloaded, that if I have my data on, and sitting on my desk but not touching it, it looks like I access data every hour of every day when I know I'm not even touching the phone? And yes, on the applications I have downloaded, none are set to update automatically and I have the update automatically turned off in the settings on the phone. I can see the few times I use the data, but I'm wondering about all the data usage that shows like .00001kb up to 8 kb. Any help appreciated!
And you are dead on but if we can get through this, it will be an awesome, as it was before all these Verizon issues cropped up.  And yes, jeopardize a good relationship because of Verizon. How s... See more...
And you are dead on but if we can get through this, it will be an awesome, as it was before all these Verizon issues cropped up.  And yes, jeopardize a good relationship because of Verizon. How sad.   And for the record, I've seen several references to things like this coming or going from an email account or messaging application.    I have not signed into anything on my phone, other than using the Bing search to sign into Facebook a couple times months ago and my gmail, also months ago. And I have never used or signed into ANY messaging device on my phone so my phone should not be sending anything with the appearance of using anything but the normal phone call method and text method.
My bill reflects a "sent" message from my phone to 0000006245 at 4:14 AM on 8/5.  This has become a very serious issue in a relationship I am in as it appears I am messaging people in the wee hou... See more...
My bill reflects a "sent" message from my phone to 0000006245 at 4:14 AM on 8/5.  This has become a very serious issue in a relationship I am in as it appears I am messaging people in the wee hours of the AM. This is not the first time this has happened over the last few months, and usually in the 3-4 AM hour. Also the 999-999-9999 phone call made by "me", or whatever the number is, know it just starts with 999.   Just getting really tired of having to defend myself against crap that Verizon is doing ..."we can't identify the 999 number yet. Hopefully it will correct itself by the time the bill cycles..."   But this 0000006245...going to try to keep a closer eye on my messages but I know without a shadow of a doubt, I am not on the phone period during the time these charges reflect I was.