Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,421 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Angry_Marshmallow's Posts

I think NOT!      I bought a phone over a year ago. With it I also got a $50 prepaid unlimited card. It was all fine and dandy for a while. Then I went to a verizon store used a machine to buy ... See more...
I think NOT!      I bought a phone over a year ago. With it I also got a $50 prepaid unlimited card. It was all fine and dandy for a while. Then I went to a verizon store used a machine to buy an automatic card. The closest option for me to continue to use my unlimited plan was to pay $85.00 plus tax. That was fine. For the next month I put $30.00 on my plan because my account said I had $25.00 as my balance. I received a message asking me if I wanted to change my plan to pay per minute or add the $30.00 to my existing balance and continue using the unlimited plan. I chose unlimited. This is where something went wrong.      About a week or two after I refilled my phone I had a long phone call with my family to check in and a conversation with a close friend via text messages. I don't know the exact amount of messages I sent that day, usually I don't text at all. I didn't have to work so I was staying up late enjoying talking to my friend and all of a sudden I received a message from verizon. It said I had insufficient funds to send a message. Now this couldn't be right. I had just paid not to long ago and my 30 days weren't done. But I had no choice. I went to the closest phone store and paid $50.00 to renew my "unlimited" plan. That was on May 6th. It's currently the 23rd and today I had to yet again spent another $50 to refill my phone.      Before I bought the refill though I checked my account and it said I had $0.15 left. Then I bought the refill, received a call, and checked my account again. I now have a balance of $49.55 So I used the verison chat to try to get answers. First I chatted with Brooke who gave me a phone number. I thanked her and disconnected. I tried calling the number which sent me to an automated answering machine that didn't give me any of the right options. So I went to the chat again. This time I spoke with Julianna. She tried to get me to call another (different) phone number but it didn't work so she logged onto my account and still couldn't figure out what was wrong. Julianna then said she would connect me via chat to someone who could help me. His name is Dean. Now I explained to Dean that I need my phone for my new job as dispatch for my husband. What that means is I make lots and lots of phone calls to people who need someone to ship something from state to state. So phone = important. Dean explained to me that there was no way he could help because my phone is prepaid and he gave me yet another phone number. This number sent me to an automated service that I hadn't gotten yet. It was to activate my phone. Which I will repeat that I have had this phone for more than a year so it was already activated. He told me to stay on the line and wait for a real person. There were no options to press a number to get to a real person. So I waited on the line and waited and waited until the answering machine hung up. At which time I told Dean that I was going to switch phone companies and then disconnected. I tried to be polite to them. I asked them not to give me more phone numbers to an automated service. I told them I needed to talk to a real person. Now I'm out $130.00 this month. My bank account was overdrawn from the last transaction which happened to be for my phone refill. My husband has ordered me a new phone with a plan that's actually unlimited (and cheaper). I just wanted to post this information for anyone else who might be thinking that the prepaid unlimited plan is a good idea and that verizon wont end up taking all your money (like they do in a contract) I will tell you now. THEY WILL FIND A WAY TO TAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS YOU ARE WILLING TO GIVE THEM! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME DEALING WITH THEM. I WISH I COULD GET MY WASTED MONEY BACK!