Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,224 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

dhinged's Posts

@EbonyR_VZW, if you're talking about the Location Found notification (which I'm not sure is causing the problem), then I can say that I never need that notification, visual or otherwise. It's a u... See more...
@EbonyR_VZW, if you're talking about the Location Found notification (which I'm not sure is causing the problem), then I can say that I never need that notification, visual or otherwise. It's a useless notification; it just gets in the way. I've made postings here about preventing it from showing up, but Verizon seems to disagree and think I need to randomly see it whenever it fires. I expect Google Maps or whatever to find my location when it needs to; I don't need it telling me that it found it, I assume it will, otherwise whatever needs it won't work right. It's like someone telling you the lights worked when they came on, or the car started after you started it, or the sun is out after you've both gone outside. It's just such a useless annoying notification that's distracting and in the way, and Verizon needs a better more customer-friendly attitude about it. I have noticed however after changing the "importance" notification that I'm not getting the random sounds that have no visual notification, and that the Location Found visual notification only shows up temporarily rather than sticking around waiting for me to clear it... it still however pushes down/up other notifications, which is super-annoying because I may be going to tap or clear one and then everything shifts (why have this happen needlessly?), or causes me to look at the phone due to a useless/unnecessary notification.
Ever since the Oreo update, I'm getting random default notification sounds but when I look at the phone, there's no new status bar notification icon (even after they've all been cleared). I can't... See more...
Ever since the Oreo update, I'm getting random default notification sounds but when I look at the phone, there's no new status bar notification icon (even after they've all been cleared). I can't figure out what is causing this, and this is the first time I've ever had a smartphone that had sound notifications but no status bar notification. Can someone explain this?
I'm in zip code 84117 and am having constant call reception and quality issues in my home and in the area. The other person on my account in this area just left Verizon for another carrier par... See more...
I'm in zip code 84117 and am having constant call reception and quality issues in my home and in the area. The other person on my account in this area just left Verizon for another carrier partly due to this issue. I'm potentially losing job opportunities because of it, and cannot get the 3G extender to work even after hours of going through instructions, talking to Verizon tech support, and going through forums. Can someone there tell me what I should expect of call quality at my zip code? Once my phone is paid off I am likely to join another carrier as the problems with Verizon have gotten worse over the years and months and they don't seem very concerned about improving much.
For years Verizon's phone call reception and quality has gone downhill in my city, and my home and area seem to be interference vortexes, so I've been trying to find solutions because I've been l... See more...
For years Verizon's phone call reception and quality has gone downhill in my city, and my home and area seem to be interference vortexes, so I've been trying to find solutions because I've been losing opportunities due to bad reception, interrupted conversations (mangled or blank speech), and dropped calls. Even walking or driving around my area doesn't improve much. I simply can't afford to continue with this for long before jumping to another carrier. I inherited the 3G extender (Samsung SCS-2U01) from someone on my account (who just left for another carrier partially for the same problems), but even after going through the instructions and Verizon chat/phone support several times, it just blinks red (for the SYS light, meaning "abnormal") with apparently no solutions available besides taking it into a Verizon store and throwing more spaghetti at the wall in hopes of a fix or swap-out to the 4G model which Verizon should do for me for free due to us already paying $250 for an extender. One Verizon tech recommended enabling WiFi-calling on my phone (which is 3G/4G), but that shows a screen saying I need to add an address, which will be used in an emergency, but the problem is that it recommends I change the address (manually I guess) each time I connect to a different WiFi... which is completely infeasible. I may change WiFis 2 or 3 or more times per day depending on which ones I trust, and I only need it on my home WiFi. Is there any solution to this before jumping to another carrier? Can I use WiFi calling JUST with my home WiFi and address without having it activate on other WiFis at other addresses? What are my chances of swapping the 3G extender at Verizon for a 4G extender at no charge? Right now I feel like Verizon is pushing me into a no-solution or an unfeasible solution situation, or to another carrier. Just to put pudding on top, T-Mobile in my area apparently has better coverage, is cheaper, has faster data which is "unlimited", and gives an extender for $25 for the life of the account. So I need a solution before I investigate any further to jumping ship, which I never thought I would do.
"removing the SIM card is the only way to remove the phone number from the phone information" The phone number is part of the phone information... removing the SIM card doesn't remove the phon... See more...
"removing the SIM card is the only way to remove the phone number from the phone information" The phone number is part of the phone information... removing the SIM card doesn't remove the phone number from anything but the phone itself, which of course causes the notification issue. I want the phone number and the card's saved info (such as contacts) wiped from the SIM card. You're saying the phone number and info written to the SIM card is one-way and cannot be overwritten or erased? I haven't heard this is how SIM card technology works. As far as I know Verizon at least can replace this info with other info (for another person or phone or line) but I'm looking for a way to wipe it through the phone. Anyways, I'll look elsewhere for this answer as it doesn't seem anybody here knows for sure.
Removing the SIM card posts a repetitive notification that there's no SIM card and sometimes pops up a window saying to insert one. Putting it back in still has my phone number attached. I'm t... See more...
Removing the SIM card posts a repetitive notification that there's no SIM card and sometimes pops up a window saying to insert one. Putting it back in still has my phone number attached. I'm trying to detach that and my account info from the SIM card as the phone is just a jukebox.
I've factory reset my original Moto X (XT1060) but it's saying it wants to activate my SIM with my phone number (which I don't care to do), but I'm not seeing an option to format the SIM or reset... See more...
I've factory reset my original Moto X (XT1060) but it's saying it wants to activate my SIM with my phone number (which I don't care to do), but I'm not seeing an option to format the SIM or reset it. I don't want it constantly bugging Verizon or me to activate or try to use my phone number etc. Is there any way to do this or is it unwise? Right now I'm just going to use it as a jukebox and a second camera.
I've been on Verizon for years, keep reading how the next new improvement to the phone call technology will improve voice quality and connection, yet I'm still dealing with the same reception iss... See more...
I've been on Verizon for years, keep reading how the next new improvement to the phone call technology will improve voice quality and connection, yet I'm still dealing with the same reception issues and crappy voice quality I've had for almost the last 10 years over multiple carriers. My phone says I'm on HD Voice now, the Verizon store reps say I am too, my account does, and voice quality doesn't sound "crystal clear", it sounds just as muffled and mushy and echo-ey and have as many weird audio anomalies (random static and clicks and clacks etc) as it ever did, even landlines in the 80's and 90's sounded better. I still get dropped calls fairly often, even if the problem is the other person no matter which carrier they're on including Verizon; these issues have remained consistent throughout the last decade. I'm paying top-dollar for a Verizon connection, and I know it only gets worse with other carriers. I thought this was 2017, where carriers were supposed to have figured out how to do wireless calling with good voice quality, not 2010 or 2005 where wireless was hokey. What is going on? Is there so much wireless going on that carriers just can't perform like they should, or are they cheapening out so much that they get sub-par performance in a shiny package, or is my entire state and the areas of other states I travel just impossible to pass a good signal through. Really discouraged; we have private companies landing rockets and sending space probes into Earth orbit, and we can't get a good consistent connection and quality audio on our cell phones.
Yes, I'm making a fuss about a nonsense unstoppable persistent obnoxious notification, just like the "WiFi Networks Available" notification was like you thought you were replying about *ahem part... See more...
Yes, I'm making a fuss about a nonsense unstoppable persistent obnoxious notification, just like the "WiFi Networks Available" notification was like you thought you were replying about *ahem participating in the "fuss" about* which they fixed with Android Marshmallow after I and other users complained about it enough (which also forced itself on you with no way to disable), so this is yet just ANOTHER forced constant notification which we should be making a fuss about (also like the Location Found notification which you can't even swipe away on some phones a lot of the time and won't go away by themselves, like on the LG G6 and Samsung Galaxy S8). And no, you don't just see it when you pull down the shade, it shows on the wake-up notification screen, and if you have "hide sensitive content" enabled, it shows as "Android System - Contents hidden", so that when you wake the screen it shows what looks like an important notification (or crowds out actually-important notifications), so unlocking it shows you this useless notification that your phone automatically connected to WiFi again which everybody already expects it to do by default. I'd show you video of this phone and other Verizon-custom phones' behavior with this notification, which are inconsistent and also nonsensical... *** ---> ​THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED <--- *** (it's disable-able on most phones I tried in the store, it needs to be on ALL phones, this is a bug, NOT a feature, and my only option is to root my phone which is a SECURITY RISK that I'm sure could cause Verizon A LOT OF MONEY) I've been complaining about this issue for years, HTC has always said it's a Verizon customization, yet Verizon people (including yourself) either have not understood the issue, or made up excuses for why it's good for me (if I like wearing tinfoil hats apparently), or have explained it with nonsense reasons that don't make sense with the behavior. So if you have a feasible solution, great, otherwise we need to badger Verizon to fix it because it's NOT PROFESSIONAL, and NOT USER-FRIENDLY.
@Demmo, the option that you think the Pixel has to disable this "Connected to WiFi" notification isn't there; which option exactly are you talking about and what exactly do you see it do (and ple... See more...
@Demmo, the option that you think the Pixel has to disable this "Connected to WiFi" notification isn't there; which option exactly are you talking about and what exactly do you see it do (and please provide a screenshot)? There is no "Connected to WiFi" notification on the Pixel anyways EVER when it connects to WiFi, no matter which options you select in its WiFi options screen... it's only on a bunch of other Verizon phones. How do I know this isn't on the Pixels? I've been testing both of them (the non-Verizon versions from Google at home and the Verizon-modified ones in store) for the last couple of weeks! The option to disable it is on the Galaxy S7 (I'll upload a screenshot when I get one), as I was told recently by the Verizon tech and that I've also seen in store (along with some other Verizon-modified phones I tried last year which I don't remember exactly now); why isn't it on ALL of Verizon's phones?! By the way, I went to the Sprint store and tried out the HTC 10 there... guess what? NO "Connected to WiFi" notification no matter which options I selected! Here's some screenshot evidence: WiFi Advanced settings: IMAG0002.jpg - Google Drive No notification after connection!  IMAG0003.jpg - Google Drive And here's some video proof: VIDEO0001.mp4 - Google Drive Now, this is the Nougat version (which also ran faster than Verizon's by the way which has been on Android 6 Marshmallow still 3 months after the Pixel arrived with Nougat), so maybe Verizon will keep Google's/HTC's DEFAULT config to NOT force this notification, but when I tested the HTC 10 Sprint on Marshmallow a while ago, I could not get the notification to pop-up no matter which settings were enabled, and the setting I noticed on the S7 to disable it was not there either! This is COMPLETELY Verizon-customized notification and behavior (by request or coding), it would only benefit Verizon even if it were actually implemented sensibly (which it isn't as I pointed out), so there's NO reason it would be HTC's modification, there's still ZERO evidence that it is (at least without it being at Verizon's request) [Removed] inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service Message edited by Verizon Moderator
If Verizon requests HTC to make the change, it doesn't matter who wrote the code, the change is because of Verizon, hence why I'm here. Verizon needs to fix this issue, because they're telling HT... See more...
If Verizon requests HTC to make the change, it doesn't matter who wrote the code, the change is because of Verizon, hence why I'm here. Verizon needs to fix this issue, because they're telling HTC they won't carry the phone unless they implement their customizations. It's disingenuous for you or any other Verizon support person to keep saying "it's the manufacturer's change" because you're ignoring the fact that the carrier wanted the change implemented at threat of not carrying the phone. It's a Verizon issue, period, and they need to fix it by allowing the option to disable this obnoxious pointless notification on ALL of their phones, not just some of them. I've shown you a ton of evidence that this issue is only on Verizon phones, you've provided none that it's not a Verizon-caused issue. I'm going to Sprint today to see if their HTC 10 has this same issue, or if it has the option to disable in WiFi Advanced. If you want to keep insisting it's a "manfucturer change", I think it's clear now with your admission that it "may" be Verizon-requested that your argument is deflecting, dishonest, and not helpful in the slightest.
Here's some further evidence below that HTC is not the one forcing this obnoxious pointless notification on my phone up to dozens of times per day. Every search result I find on this ends up poin... See more...
Here's some further evidence below that HTC is not the one forcing this obnoxious pointless notification on my phone up to dozens of times per day. Every search result I find on this ends up pointing to it only being for Verizon users: How do I stop this notification every time I'm at home on my WiFi network. : htcone Wi-Fi Notification : HTC10 https://www.reddit.com/r/HTC10/comments/4mfw1c/wifi_notification/ http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-10/700790-wifi-notifications.html It was also happening on previous Verizon-only phone versions: http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/287987-disable-connected-wi-fi-network-network-name-notification.html And here's someone saying HTC told them Verizon is the one forcing the notification! http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-htc-one/310097-htc-says-verizon-who-insisting-upon-wifi-networks-available-noti… There's more examples, but I have yet to see any evidence that the problem exists on non-Verizon HTC 10 phones. In fact I'll be visiting the Sprint store again to see if this notification exists and has an option to disable it (since last time I only tested performance, and guess what, the non-Verizon version ran fast and this one is janky!). I really hope Verizon cleans up their crappy inefficient obnoxious code with Nougat, Google is really showing them up with their fast out-of-your-way phones.
demmo, this isn't the firmware, this is an Android OS config file modification that Verizon made on the HTC 10 software from the manufacturer. HTC did not set this config, Verizon did. There i... See more...
demmo, this isn't the firmware, this is an Android OS config file modification that Verizon made on the HTC 10 software from the manufacturer. HTC did not set this config, Verizon did. There is not one non-Verizon HTC 10 phone that has this issue, and I'd like to see proof of your claim. Calling this "firmware" is misunderstanding the difference between firmware and modified Android OS software. I keep seeing this deflective answer from certain Verizon sources, and I'm wondering now why; the option to disable this notification is available on maybe half of the Verizon phones, so it needs to be consistent on the HTC 10 Nougat update. The Pixel does not have this issue, even on Verizon's version, and both versions are made by HTC. Please someone else who can actually address this issue and not just deflect with inaccurate excuses leave a useful reply; I will prove to you it's not a change made by the manufacturer if you keep misidentifying the issue as the manufacturer. As I said before, this issue is not present on non-Verizon HTC 10 phones, and I don't know why you keep refuting this with ZERO EVIDENCE.
"This isn't a Verizon issue, it's something the manufacturer decides whether or not to include." I was told by Verizon tech support that the notification is to help users minimize cell data us... See more...
"This isn't a Verizon issue, it's something the manufacturer decides whether or not to include." I was told by Verizon tech support that the notification is to help users minimize cell data usage (which it doesn't do as I already explained), so please explain why the manufacturer cares about forcing the user to be notified every time their phone connects to WiFi. Also, the non-Verizon HTC 10 doesn't have this problem, so please show me how you think it's a manufacturer decision, or any proof that it was.
Yes, so I've heard; some phones have this option to disable, some don't. I don't know why Verizon discriminates on some, but I just talked with tech support and they finally got the issue after c... See more...
Yes, so I've heard; some phones have this option to disable, some don't. I don't know why Verizon discriminates on some, but I just talked with tech support and they finally got the issue after calling me and looking at my screen, and are reporting it to their developers or managers or whoever. Hopefully the option will show up in my phone's Nougat update, and hopefully they won't remove it from the other phones, because it certainly isn't useful in reducing people's unnecessary cell data usage when they're near WiFi they normally connect to. Case in point: The HTC 10 has some kind of WiFi auto-connect issue where it sometimes won't auto-connect when it's supposed to (haven't had that issue with other devices), so I have to manually go to the WiFi settings and tap the "Saved" connection (or disable and re-enable WiFi), but the "Connected to WiFi" would not have helped this bug anyways because it doesn't even appear until after WiFi is connected! So, totally pointless to remove the option from settings, and hopefully Verizon wants to treat their customers with the same level of intelligence they already do with some phones.
I've been seeing this for the last 3 phones I've had; it's this stupid notification that pops in the pull-down bar (notification shade) whenever my phone connects to WiFi, meaning when I come hom... See more...
I've been seeing this for the last 3 phones I've had; it's this stupid notification that pops in the pull-down bar (notification shade) whenever my phone connects to WiFi, meaning when I come home, or whenever it determines it needs to reconnect (such as with WiFi optimization enabled or if it just loses connection for some reason). This means I'm getting up to DOZENS of notifications per day telling me it reconnected when I already assume it's supposed to do that anyways. Can we PLEASE get this disabled (or at least the option for it) for Nougat or the next update?!!?! There is NO option in WiFi/Advanced to disable this, I've already tried all of them. Verizon needs to disable this or let us disable it, as the Pixel and some other phones don't have this nor need it. Also it shows on the lockscreen, obscuring other more important notifications (since it only shows the top 3), and if I have "hide sensitive content" enabled, it only shows as "Android system - content hidden"... how would you like to see a possibly-important notification, unlock the screen, then see it's just "Connected to [your WiFi]"??? AHHHHHHH!!!!!
Guess what, I also had no option of how FedEx should deliver my phone, they leave notes on the door and ignore any others, they won't budge unless you call them at their main customer service lin... See more...
Guess what, I also had no option of how FedEx should deliver my phone, they leave notes on the door and ignore any others, they won't budge unless you call them at their main customer service line and give your info; not even their website works unless you know exactly specifically the way they like your address even if the one on the package is exactly the way you're typing it in, and I've yet to see a way to find out how they like it. They also said Verizon made the decision to require I be huddled in my home waiting for a knock at the door so I can sign their crumpled ticket with my shriveled fingers, so yah, it would be nice to have an option while ordering to say "LEAVE IT AT THE LEASING OFFICE AND GET A SIGNATURE YOU NINCOMPOOP" I understand Verizon doesn't want to lose packages for their customers, but making them take the day off work in case the FedEx driver arrives anywhere between 8am and 8pm or having to dial FedEx's massively time-wasting general customer service?! Do you think maybe we could do better here???
Just got this email from Verizon about a question I answered on the HTC 10 versus the Pixel: HTC 10 | Verizon Wireless I don't remember exactly what I wrote but I was honest in my opinion and... See more...
Just got this email from Verizon about a question I answered on the HTC 10 versus the Pixel: HTC 10 | Verizon Wireless I don't remember exactly what I wrote but I was honest in my opinion and not making heated remarks, but the email said: "Your response needs some attention. unfortunately your response can’t be posted to our site. We appreciate that you took the time to respond to a question, but your post didn’t pass our guidelines." But it doesn't say why or which specific guidelines, and the "Resubmit Here" button in the email doesn't show me what I wrote either! So how am I supposed to know what the problem was and how to resubmit so I don't do the same thing again?! This is pretty crappy. I was trying to help someone out and Verizon shut it down for no apparent reason, now I'm thinking there's something dishonest going on here.
Note: Found a thread from 2014 mentioning the same notification I'm still having a problem with (the "Connected to WiFi" one dozens of times per day): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthrea... See more...
Note: Found a thread from 2014 mentioning the same notification I'm still having a problem with (the "Connected to WiFi" one dozens of times per day): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?s=e1aa01e34e11108e8460d673b63ca3a4&t=2699453 Apparently "all" Verizon phones started doing it around then, and Verizon's only piece-meal added back the option to disable either one of them, though inconsistently across the phones unfortunately. The biggest issue with customers seems to be that it makes them want to root their phones or disable WiFi. So if you're still getting this "Connected to WiFi" notification like I am, please note which phone with screenshots of the notification and your WiFi notification settings so Verizon's aware that we're sick of it and what exactly it is.
I'm glad your particular phones have those options, but unfortunately the phones I've used and had tried at the store didn't, and I don't know why Verizon insisted on removing them because the no... See more...
I'm glad your particular phones have those options, but unfortunately the phones I've used and had tried at the store didn't, and I don't know why Verizon insisted on removing them because the non-Verizon versions have them.