1. I could be wrong, but I do not believe that there is a way to do that. Mainly, what you can turn off, he can turn back on again, when you are not around. I have read posts here where a parent ... Ver más...
1. I could be wrong, but I do not believe that there is a way to do that. Mainly, what you can turn off, he can turn back on again, when you are not around. I have read posts here where a parent want to prevent one of their children from doing this or that with his or her phone. Yet the child is able to by-pass or go around what the parent wants or done. In short, sometimes the parent just has to take the phone away at times, and return it back to him or her at other times. 2. So I wish you the best of luck, and I hope that someone else can tell you how to do track which friends your son is texting with.
1. As far as your phone goes, there Apps that you can download on your phone. For example, on my Droid MAXX I have the following Apps installed Calls Blacklist and Contacts CallApp . Both App... See more...
1. As far as your phone goes, there Apps that you can download on your phone. For example, on my Droid MAXX I have the following Apps installed Calls Blacklist and Contacts CallApp . Both Apps have Blocking Features. Yet, one thing that some people do not like with these Apps is that you have to add the Unwanted Call Caller as a Contact on your phone's address book. But what I have done is to have a couple of Contact Entries set-up on my phone. Then I just add the Unwanted Call Caller's phone number to one of these Contact Entries set aside just for that purpose. However, I am not sure if these Apps are available for your iPhone. Yet there should be similar Apps available for your iPhone. 2. Something else you can do is complaint to the FTC.gov in various ways. If you are on the Do Not Call list for over a month or so, you can file a complaint at https://complaints.donotcall.gov/complaintcheck.aspx or https://ftccomplaintassistant.gov/information#crnt&panel1-1. Also you can forward your Unwanted Spam E-mails to spam@uce.gov. Furthermore, you cam forward your Unwanted Spam Text messages to 7726 (SPAM).
Also we did have her iPhone connected to a power source, to prevent it from going dormant and disconnecting the WiFi network.
Thank you for your reply. No, she has not upgrade her iOS to v8.3 yet. Yes, I have offer to do so for her earlier this month. But she did not want me to do so right then. Now, we are less than 0.... See more...
Thank you for your reply. No, she has not upgrade her iOS to v8.3 yet. Yes, I have offer to do so for her earlier this month. But she did not want me to do so right then. Now, we are less than 0.5GB away from our shared Data Usage Allowance of 6GB for this billing cycle, and we have another week to go before it ends. Therefore, she does not want me to do anything that might cause us to go over the allowance. Luckily, my phone does not use any of our shared Data Usage Allowance, and it has not since 26 October, 2014. In which case, I only have to worry about just her iPhone.
1. My wife's iPhone 5c 8GB will not connect to our Home WiFi now. Yes, our router is on and we are within range. Yes, we made sure that WiFi is on and that we can see our network. No, we where no... See more...
1. My wife's iPhone 5c 8GB will not connect to our Home WiFi now. Yes, our router is on and we are within range. Yes, we made sure that WiFi is on and that we can see our network. No, we where not prompted to type in our WiFi password. Yes, we made sure that our router is connected to the modem and turned on. Yes, we did restart her iPhone, router, DSL modem, via restart her iOS device, unplug our router and plug it back in, and unplug our DSL modem and plug it back in again. Moreover, we did reset her phone's Network Settings, and so forth. 2. From a settings view point everything looks okay and correct. Yet when she try to use Skype, or any other APP requiring internet access, we get an error message telling us that we need to turn on Cellular Data Usage. .
1. We have had trouble with my wife's iPhone 5c 8GB using excessive amount of data usage. Yes, you can reduce the amount of data usage by adjusting this or that setting(s), disabling this or that... Ver más...
1. We have had trouble with my wife's iPhone 5c 8GB using excessive amount of data usage. Yes, you can reduce the amount of data usage by adjusting this or that setting(s), disabling this or that App, and so forth. But for us this was just a band-aid solution. Yet doing all of this may solve your issue. 2. However, what I have learned from difference sources is that by design iPhones do turn off WiFi when they go dormant. So if a download is in process or information is being back-up wirelessly, and the phone goes dormant, it WILL switch to use cellular data, if it is left on. 3. Later onward, I learned that if you keep an iPhone connected to a power source, than it will NOT go dormant. In which case, it will stay connected to a WiFi network source. Nevertheless, this seem to prove true with my wife's iPhone. This is why I purchase her a 9 foot power cord, for her to use whenever she can. And this has proven to reduce her excessive data usage to a normal amount now. 4. I do not know if this will be any help to you or not. But from my wife and mine point of reference, this has proven to be an Apple problem, and not a Verizon problem. Because I set up both of our smartphones to very similar settings and so forth. Yet my non-iPhone has not used any of our shared data usage allowance since 26 October, 2014.
My wife does that easily if she calls her family in Ukraine via Skype, if there is not a WiFi source available. However, there are plenty of other ways to do so.
1. In a nut shell, turn off Cellular Data whenever you can. Check each phone to see which phone and apps are using excessive Cellular Data, and restrict those apps accordingly to use WiFi by turn... Ver más...
1. In a nut shell, turn off Cellular Data whenever you can. Check each phone to see which phone and apps are using excessive Cellular Data, and restrict those apps accordingly to use WiFi by turning Cellular Data off to them. And keep your iPhone connected to a power source as much as possible. For my wife and I, keeping her iPhone connected to a power source whenever she can, has helped us the most of all. 2. Also understand, that by design the cell towers store or collect most Cellular Data Usage for like six-hours, before releasing it to the Verizon Servers to be recorded as usage. This means that you can not trust the date/time stamp of your Cellular Data Usage as being the exact date/time of your Cellular Data Usage. This was hard for me to understand at first, but I have since then learned that this is the case in point.
From my research and what I have read about this issue, it seems that iMessages can only text other iPhones. And when the users switch to a non-iMessages app, the issue was solved. I do not know ... See more...
From my research and what I have read about this issue, it seems that iMessages can only text other iPhones. And when the users switch to a non-iMessages app, the issue was solved. I do not know if this will help you or not. But it might be something you can research about.
Yes, I have read about and tried all of that. Yes, that is a good starting point to try in order to address the issue and so forth. Yes, I did restrict certain apps by turning off cellular data i... Ver más...
Yes, I have read about and tried all of that. Yes, that is a good starting point to try in order to address the issue and so forth. Yes, I did restrict certain apps by turning off cellular data in settings, in order to try forcing the phone to use WiFi. However, doing so either did not help in some cases, and in some other cases my wife did not approve of my doing so. But what did the trick for us was connecting my wife's iPhone to a power source, whenever we can. In which case, my wife is happy with that solution. Therefore, I am happy, that she is happy.
1. I wife has a iPhone 5c 8GB phone. Sadly I have learned by design iPhones do turn off WiFi when they go dormant. So if a download is in progress or information is being back up wirelessly, and ... Ver más...
1. I wife has a iPhone 5c 8GB phone. Sadly I have learned by design iPhones do turn off WiFi when they go dormant. So if a download is in progress or information is being back up wirelessly, and the phone goes dormant, it will switch to use cellular data, if it is left on. This information came from an Apple forum, and other sources alike. 2. So in my research of why my wife's phone was using an excessive amount of data usage, I was told to turn off this or disable that. However, that was just a band-aide treatment at best. You can try doing all of that if you believe that it will help. But what did the job for me, was to keep my wife's iPhone connected to a power source, whenever we can. 3. By keep her phone connected to a power source, it kept it from going dormant, and disconnecting from a WiFi network. This is why I purchase her a nine foot power cord to use at home, whenever she can. And this has cause her phone to use data usage now within a normal range. 4. Now as far as myself goes, I have a Droid MAXX 16GB phone. And I have not used any of our shared data usage allowance since 26 October, 2014. And I firmly believe that this is because I do not have an iPhone. ....
It is my understanding that when you forward a suspicious text to SPAM (7726) you are forwarding it to the FTC in Washington DC. You can go to the FTC.gov web site to read more about it there.
1. You will not find any email address to write to. The Verizon Communication Corporate Office HQ phone number is (212) 395-1000. Also you can type in "Legal Action" in the search box on http://w... Ver más...
1. You will not find any email address to write to. The Verizon Communication Corporate Office HQ phone number is (212) 395-1000. Also you can type in "Legal Action" in the search box on http://www.verizon.com . And read "Arbitration & Mediation" FAQ. Then you can try going to http://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios/ 2. I do not know if any of this will be any help or not. But it is something you might try researching.
1. Yes, that is true for the most part. Just like you can air your complaint in these forums and Verizon will respond either directly or via direct message some to most of the times. Also you can... See more...
1. Yes, that is true for the most part. Just like you can air your complaint in these forums and Verizon will respond either directly or via direct message some to most of the times. Also you can use the Contact Us Link and select the appropriate area. This is along with the fact that you can use Facebook, Twitter, or Live Chat Links, on the Contact Us Page as well. And within these options is the phone number(s) of (800) 922-0204 or *611 listed. 2. But if the above options does not solve the problem, then I was giving out some additional options available, that can be research about. The point being that Verizon has a messed-up Chain-of-Command, that violates any proper "Unity of Command" and "Span of Control". In which case, a person must look at and research all of their options available, and choose the one that best address their complaint or issue at hand. And if calling *611 or (800) 922-0204 will address the issue or complaint best, then yes that is what a person should do.
I would go by your billing cycle dates off hand, if I understand your question correctly.
1. You will not find any email address to write to. The Verizon Communication Corporate Office HQ phone number is (212) 395-1000. Also you can type in "Legal Action" in the search box onhttp://ww... Ver más...
1. You will not find any email address to write to. The Verizon Communication Corporate Office HQ phone number is (212) 395-1000. Also you can type in "Legal Action" in the search box onhttp://www.verizon.com . And read "Arbitration & Mediation" FAQ. Then you can try going to http://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios/ 2. I do not know if any of this will be any help or not. But it is something you might try researching.
1. I know and understand that there is nothing that Verizon can do. That was why I was looking for an answer elsewhere mostly. 2. And yes, I have pointed it out to her that she should have g... Ver más...
1. I know and understand that there is nothing that Verizon can do. That was why I was looking for an answer elsewhere mostly. 2. And yes, I have pointed it out to her that she should have gotten a Droid MAXX 16GB like me. I do not have any issues with my phone. Yet, she wanted an iPhone like various members of our family have. ...
1. Yes, you can easily see which apps are using mobile data and how much on an iPhone. However, with my wife's iPhone 5c 8GB, that in itself did not help that much if any, to grain control of the... Ver más...
1. Yes, you can easily see which apps are using mobile data and how much on an iPhone. However, with my wife's iPhone 5c 8GB, that in itself did not help that much if any, to grain control of the excessive mobile data usage with her phone. Moreover, one of the multi-sources that I learned about iPhones disconnecting from a WiFi source by design, was from an Apple Support Forum. Likewise, one of the multi-sources that I learned about keeping your iPhone connected to a power source, was from an Apple Support Forum. In which case, the Apple Customer Service Tech(s), that I talked to, knew about this design fault, and how to deal with it. 2. Nevertheless, my wife is from Ukraine, and she still have family over there. And she has had her sister and so forth to die last year and this year, due to what is going on directly or indirectly over there. Therefore, she needs a means to contact her family (mother, daughters, grandchildren) and friends over there, and them being able to contact her, via Skype. And this is the biggest main reason she had us to get smartphones. Whereupon, she requires the use of our shared Mobile Data Allowance at times. Yet at other times, she can connect to a WiFi source network. 3. So the issue was getting her iPhone to stay connected to a WiFi source as much as possible. And it was sometimes hard to separate her data usage from having no choice but to use Mobile Data Usage, and times when she should have been connected to a WiFi source, but was not. Therefore, I had to come up with some cold hard facts of why and how. And my completely hobbling her iPhone all the time is not an acceptable solution or option..  
This seem to be a common issue with parents. I have to yet heard of a sure way of doing this. You may have to physically take the phone away at night, and giving it back to her in the morning.
I heard something similar in nature. But I did not trust the information until I carefully check it out, before I took the bait. I called *611 and talked with a lady in Customer Service. I record... See more...
I heard something similar in nature. But I did not trust the information until I carefully check it out, before I took the bait. I called *611 and talked with a lady in Customer Service. I recorded her name and the date & time I talked with her, just in case. Finally I let her update my plan. I am now getting two more GB of mobile data usage allowance, for the same price I was paying before each month. Then I watch my account like a hawk, to make sure I did not see any price increase on it. So far everything seems to be okay.