Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,218 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

kramer5150's Posts

Its now 12/3  and 10+ days since downloading the latest FW. -No more random screen lighting -No more Browse & Download appearances -I have not recharged my battery in that time, and I still ha... See more...
Its now 12/3  and 10+ days since downloading the latest FW. -No more random screen lighting -No more Browse & Download appearances -I have not recharged my battery in that time, and I still have 50% reserve power, so I do not believe the phone is lighting in the middle of the night.   I consider my case to be closed.
Its now been 7 days since I downloaded the latest firmware. In that time I have not had one backlight + Browse/Download appearance.   I am not awake 24/7 so there is the possibility it is stil... See more...
Its now been 7 days since I downloaded the latest firmware. In that time I have not had one backlight + Browse/Download appearance.   I am not awake 24/7 so there is the possibility it is still appearing in the middle of the night.  But I do not believe this is the case.  After 7 days with no re-charge, I still have 3/4 battery capacity.  I don't think I would have that much battery reserve if the screen were lighting up.   FWIW... activating my contact list has not rebooted my phone... yet.   The verdict is still out for me, but so far its all good.
Its now been 4+ days since downloading the updated firmware, and I m happy to report NO screen light or Browse & Download screen occurrences in that time.   I believe Verizon has finally fixed ... See more...
Its now been 4+ days since downloading the updated firmware, and I m happy to report NO screen light or Browse & Download screen occurrences in that time.   I believe Verizon has finally fixed this problem.   My battery life is noticeably LONGer now too.  I have not charged the phone sice 11/23, its now 11/27-PM and I still show a full battery on the charge indicator.
Phone random lighting and Browse / Download appearances have been solved!!!   I have not had one occurrence since downloading VN270ZV5.   If you phone suffers form this try downloading the la... See more...
Phone random lighting and Browse / Download appearances have been solved!!!   I have not had one occurrence since downloading VN270ZV5.   If you phone suffers form this try downloading the latest software/firmware version.  I has worked for me. 
Just checked back into this thread for November.  I just downloaded the new software/firmware version VN270ZV5 tonight.   I will post back if it has fixed the random phone lighting and Browse &... See more...
Just checked back into this thread for November.  I just downloaded the new software/firmware version VN270ZV5 tonight.   I will post back if it has fixed the random phone lighting and Browse & Download screen appearances.
Its now mid-October.   No new updates, phone still lights up at random. LG SW version VN270ZV5 is not available.  
I did all the above.  Nothing has worked.   Phone stil andomly lights up when on standby. When I press a hard botton it wakes up with the browse and download screen activated.  Its impossible ... See more...
I did all the above.  Nothing has worked.   Phone stil andomly lights up when on standby. When I press a hard botton it wakes up with the browse and download screen activated.  Its impossible to tell at this end, if this is or is not being caused by the daily scoop ap.   Software updates in this industry with no targeted release date are useless.... basically bogus.  Not holding my breath on LG coming through with on their end, and I still feel Verizon as a corporation doesn't care. (at the very least they should be given a software release date from their supplier LG).    
Its now been 1 week since my last post, and since having the Verizon tech support perform a "Data Block" and "Block application download" on my account.   -The Daily Scoop messages have stopped... See more...
Its now been 1 week since my last post, and since having the Verizon tech support perform a "Data Block" and "Block application download" on my account.   -The Daily Scoop messages have stopped reaching my display screen -The *ANNOYING* Mobile Mail voice and screen message has stopped -ICity app voice and screen message has stopped   HOWEVER, there is still "something" either inside my phone trying to "reach out", -OR- something outside my phone trying to "reach in".  Every once in a while "something" will partially wake my phone from standby mode and illuminate the screen and hard buttons.  It only remains lit for ~5 seconds so its enough to prematurely drain the battery, depending on the frequency of occurrence.  When I return back to my phone and wake it to make a call it immediately brings up the  "Browse and Download" screen... where YES the Daily Scoop app is STILL installed onto my phone.   THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE !!!   VERIZON YOU NEED TO FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY.  I have been a Verizon customer for a decade, since the days of GTE mobile-net.  It is clear you as a corporation are NOT guiding your tech support teams to alleviate this issue.  It is clear you as a corporation don't even care.  I do not blame your tech support teams, they ahve been great and very patient.  I BLAME VERIZON AS A COMPANY FOR THIS HARAASSMENT.   At this point I am not a happy Verizon customer.  I will verbally, and on facebook + twitter deter EVERYONE I know from signing onto a contract with Verizon wireless for the duration of my 2 year contract, until you fix this.   And let me be clear on this... I LIKE THIS PHONE !!  It is EXACTLY what I want, feature-wise, and it does get very good battery life... when its not illuminating the screen at random.
I called Verizon tech support and the gal performed the following changes to my account number:  -Data block -Block application download   I told her I dont use this phone for text messaging ... See more...
I called Verizon tech support and the gal performed the following changes to my account number:  -Data block -Block application download   I told her I dont use this phone for text messaging or anything other than MP3 music and basic telephone functions.   I have never sent a text message, and don't ever care to send or receive one... Even the monthly Verizon payment and billing text messages I can do without.   I think I will keep this phone and not pursue a refund, it is a PERFECT phone for me... I will continue working with Verizon tech support.
Hi Adam I just sent you this message via PM...   I am still having pop-up ads and banners from the Daily Scoop ap.   I did follow the "ChristinaB" steps 1 week ago and I got another ad banne... See more...
Hi Adam I just sent you this message via PM...   I am still having pop-up ads and banners from the Daily Scoop ap.   I did follow the "ChristinaB" steps 1 week ago and I got another ad banner yesterday.   I called tech support on the phone and they walked me through the same steps.   If you can not help me today then I will have to return my phone to the store and demand a refund.  I have until Monday to return the phone within the 14 day period.   thanks
Its now been 3 days, since I turned the Bonus messages and Verizon messages  OFF and I have not had another Daily scoop spam.  I will give it 3-4 more days, so far so good though.   In these pa... See more...
Its now been 3 days, since I turned the Bonus messages and Verizon messages  OFF and I have not had another Daily scoop spam.  I will give it 3-4 more days, so far so good though.   In these past 3 days however I have recived 2 spam messages for Mobile Mail and one spam for City ID.  The City ID ap can be removed and un-installed, so I did that yesterday.  The Mobile Mail feature can NOT be un-installed(AAAARGH!!!), So that icon will ALWAYS remain on-screen, and (unless someone can prove to me otherwise) the phone will always be exposed to Mobile Mail  spam.   I had to call Verizon customer service and had them TURN OFF all text / spam messages from ANYONE not on my contact list (which at this point is only 7 close family members).   I am still however exposed to Verizon text messages for billing statements, payment received messages...etc.  That could be a back door for them to spam me further.  If I still get spam fom Verizon I will call again and ask to deactivate ALL text messages EXCEPT those on my contact list, as I can get my billing / account status myself on-line.   My contract tart date was 8/22, the verdict is still out on this phone I have another week to decide if I want to keep it or terminate and demand a refund.
I just got this phone 24 hours ago. In that time 2 Daily Scoop messages.  THIS IS ANNOYING AS GREEN SNOT CLOGGING MY THROAT!!!   I just tried adjusting the settings as outlined in the previous... See more...
I just got this phone 24 hours ago. In that time 2 Daily Scoop messages.  THIS IS ANNOYING AS GREEN SNOT CLOGGING MY THROAT!!!   I just tried adjusting the settings as outlined in the previous post.  Hopefully that will work.   I will post back the results in the next 7 days.  If I get another automated Daily Scoop message in the next 7 days, its going back for a refund.   This is a **bleep**TY ploy by Verizon, offering adds and propeganda-filled entry level phones in an attempt to get everyone to upgrade to a more $$$ phones / data plans.   NOT impressed thus far.  I have a hard time openly recommending Verion to others in light of this.