Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,759 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Doug_S1's Posts

Just updated to newest Verizon Lollipop version an hour ago Says Lollipop 5.0  (I thought previous version was 5.0.1 and this would be 5.1 ???) kernel version N900VVRUEOF1 took about 25 min.... See more...
Just updated to newest Verizon Lollipop version an hour ago Says Lollipop 5.0  (I thought previous version was 5.0.1 and this would be 5.1 ???) kernel version N900VVRUEOF1 took about 25 min. Everything seems to work OK so far...including my 221 installed apps (I did not check them all but system update went thru each one) True test will take days...hope old bugs fixed and no new ones Seems to work the same as before GMD Air Command - app start from "apps" icon = still broken since both updates from KitKat = still broken today, tho air command works with s-pen withdrawal or pen button click....so it is an annoyance bug. Doug.S
Got a notice on my phone today for a new update. Anyone tried it? Results?
Thanks I did a clear cache and will check for improvement. Today I got a new update OTA available.....but I'll wait for a while and see other's results.
I use Air Command, triggered by s-pen on screen, to capture screen shots using screen write. 2 problems after update to Lollipop 5: It works OK but sometimes includes the air command pie shap... See more...
I use Air Command, triggered by s-pen on screen, to capture screen shots using screen write. 2 problems after update to Lollipop 5: It works OK but sometimes includes the air command pie shaped icon in the screen capture, sometimes not. I don't want the symbol covering part of the screen captured image, ever. Seems inconsistent and I see no way to control it. Restart does not fix. I see no settings to control. Seems like a bug. Alternate screenshot via buttons or swipe screen are very poorly implemented as they don't work well and are cumbersome. The GMD Air Command shortcut widget NEVER works...it ALWAYS fails....says stopped working. It is a default installed app. I can put it on a page, but it never works that way. I provide feedback but no progress on the app...should be an app update?
Ours went amok a couple months ago and we traced it to email (quantity and file sizes) even though Wi-Fi at home is 90% of use, email happens often when not at home. So we stopped emails for one... See more...
Ours went amok a couple months ago and we traced it to email (quantity and file sizes) even though Wi-Fi at home is 90% of use, email happens often when not at home. So we stopped emails for one email address and problem solved. YMMV
   Sorry! Unfortunately, Verizon Wireless does not support Nomorobo yet.  Please call the customer service numbers below and ask that they add Nomorobo to their service. The more people t... See more...
   Sorry! Unfortunately, Verizon Wireless does not support Nomorobo yet.  Please call the customer service numbers below and ask that they add Nomorobo to their service. The more people that call them, the better.  Verizon Wireless Customer Service - 1-800-922-0204
I tried to get Google app to understand my voice...but now it will not even learn....says to say OK Google 3 times, I do, then nothing happens. So I turned on s-voice again....it works like Go... See more...
I tried to get Google app to understand my voice...but now it will not even learn....says to say OK Google 3 times, I do, then nothing happens. So I turned on s-voice again....it works like Google voice; will accept search inputs, turns on OK by dbl click home button, but does not respond to Hi Galaxy at any time. Text to Voice notification traced to batt doctor app and I wrote to app dev for explanation....included notification listings. So Lolipop has several issues for many people...new bugs to be fixed.
before lollipop I ditched Hi Galaxy for OK Google because Hi Galaxy was unreliable....and OK Google worked all the time very well. Now in Lollipop I sometimes get a notification that text to s... See more...
before lollipop I ditched Hi Galaxy for OK Google because Hi Galaxy was unreliable....and OK Google worked all the time very well. Now in Lollipop I sometimes get a notification that text to speech has an issue. But if I hit the notification it goes away and nothing happens. If I hold down the notification it takes me to battery doctor...wonder why? as there are no settings there for voice. If I tap a microphone symbol for search, voice input and output seems to work just fine. But if I say OK Google it used tom open a voice input app...but now in Lollipop, nothing happens. I have voice activation set to "on". Am I missing something else?
(EUR) off and everything works fine; but no weather on 'screen off', see thru cover window display...who cares! Now have longer batt life.
My Note 3 Lollipop Verizon still has tabbed system settings....it is what I like so did not investigate how to change. I had it set as tabbed for KitKat 4.4.4 and thru the Lollipop update it ... See more...
My Note 3 Lollipop Verizon still has tabbed system settings....it is what I like so did not investigate how to change. I had it set as tabbed for KitKat 4.4.4 and thru the Lollipop update it remained tabbed, tho slightly different layout. And oddly, I missed having vibration haptic feedback when touching either of the two non-screen bottom buttons (menu and go back)...but found how to turn vibe on again under phone tab, sound & notify, other sounds, haptic feedback....what an odd place and description....like it was made to confuse us.
Deleting and adding back makes no difference. I update apps daily...see newest report today: updates of apps make other apps crash (but recover) Reset easily by restarts, done daily to keep... See more...
Deleting and adding back makes no difference. I update apps daily...see newest report today: updates of apps make other apps crash (but recover) Reset easily by restarts, done daily to keep lights always "on" on two bottom of phone keys. I refuse to do a complete reset to phone and delete all apps and data....did that for 4.4.2 and despite Kies recovery of most apps and data, I have to manually reset the setup....that seems to be another missing feature....recovery using Kies to go back to phone setup (pages, folders, shortcuts) is only a partial solution...takes a couple hours to get back to what I had...and a reset "may not" fix any of the problems I am reporting...it takes an OS update.
Since Lollipop, not before with KK 4.4.4, daily, and seems most often when an app(s) is(are) being downloaded/installed/updated, some other app will tell me it has stopped working...no other ex... See more...
Since Lollipop, not before with KK 4.4.4, daily, and seems most often when an app(s) is(are) being downloaded/installed/updated, some other app will tell me it has stopped working...no other explanation and it will manually restart and run OK Lollipop needs a bug fix update soon and I hope Verizon and Samsung are taking these reports seriously and adding the fixes so we can be happy users again.
"Unified Daemon (EUR)" on Lollipop 5 consumes 14% of my battery usage....pretty much higher than any other app (most of the time) So I turned it "off" for now to see if battery usage improves ... See more...
"Unified Daemon (EUR)" on Lollipop 5 consumes 14% of my battery usage....pretty much higher than any other app (most of the time) So I turned it "off" for now to see if battery usage improves and if I miss the cover controlled weather report or if it seems tocause any other issues. C'mon Verizon....why does this built-in app use so much battery? and Any reason why not to turn it off? I have a long list of built-in crap apps turned off...like I never need anything NFL, kindle, gmail, hangouts, pen up, s-health, etc. etc. etc.
1. Screen display timeout resets sporadically to 30 sec tho I set it for 5 min.  Maybe once every couple days it sets itself back to 30 sec so I have to set to my choice again. 2. The lighted ... See more...
1. Screen display timeout resets sporadically to 30 sec tho I set it for 5 min.  Maybe once every couple days it sets itself back to 30 sec so I have to set to my choice again. 2. The lighted "buttons" at bottom not only turn off (tho set to always on) occasionally, but I no longer have any haptic feedback when I touch them like I used to have on KK 4.4.4 and it was a setting.  I can't find any setting except in power/ power saving mode which I have turn off vibration unchecked (means it should be on) and I do not have power saving mode on anyway.  This is a handy feature, especially if the lights turn off. And I can't find any way to turn the vibration feature on. Seems like if stuff like this is a conscious decision by the update....that it should be listed as a change so at least we know about it instead of assuming it is a bug. So are both items above a bug? or a "feature"?
Verizon is a party to the update...they add their stuff and modify some of the code...AND they test (inadequately?)  before releasing the OTA update file and they could control the update notices... See more...
Verizon is a party to the update...they add their stuff and modify some of the code...AND they test (inadequately?)  before releasing the OTA update file and they could control the update notices etc. Verizon is not clean on this Lollipop set of issues, tho they are not responsible for everything.
While my batt usage seems to be same as 4.4.4, I agree pnone is now slower as well as other issues I described earlier... and the screenshot using the s-pen often captures the s-pen window; not ... See more...
While my batt usage seems to be same as 4.4.4, I agree pnone is now slower as well as other issues I described earlier... and the screenshot using the s-pen often captures the s-pen window; not what I want on screenshots! and no way to control/delete the s-pen window before it takes image capture. At least Verizon should have a place here (sticky) where we can log all issues (one for bugs and one for OS operation) in one place and make suggestions....no better than customers providing supplier with good ideas and what "updates" went right or wrong..."bugs" and irrespective of bugs (awkward use).
We need an update to fix the all so many problems people are having...problems are not isolated instances but are widespread....tho different in each phone. Bg fixes are needed soon!
After update of my N3 to Lollipop, seems like interface to Galaxy Apps store is broken.  I can see apps OK but I cannot see (like I used to on KitKat) my "purchased" apps....simply not in the men... See more...
After update of my N3 to Lollipop, seems like interface to Galaxy Apps store is broken.  I can see apps OK but I cannot see (like I used to on KitKat) my "purchased" apps....simply not in the menu at all. What changed? Do I need to change a setting on my phone? Don't even see a way to sign into my acct which I have had for more than a year. Is this another Lollipop update problem?
I tried for weeks to NOT install Lollipop update...but incessant reminders and an errant tap installed L 5.0 yesterday totally by mistake. That is my first complaint...users should not be forced ... See more...
I tried for weeks to NOT install Lollipop update...but incessant reminders and an errant tap installed L 5.0 yesterday totally by mistake. That is my first complaint...users should not be forced to update; especially when update is broken and Verizon and Samsung knows that. Uggghhhh! Overall a few nice features, update seemed to go smooth, but I do have some new problems. The ONLY issue I had with Kit Kat 4.4.4 was inability to easily do a screen shot...only easy way was to use s-pen, hold button and press on screen; an excellent solution.  All other methods would not work...I tried everything. So now after 1 day I have these problems with Lollipop: - S-pen = no screen shot via button hold and press screen; but now press home+power buttons works, s-pen floating menu screen write captures screen OK - s-pen floating window GMD air command widget no longer works; always says it failed - Frequently I get a notice that some app is no longer working....not that I was trying to use it; started via startup earlier, but now dead. - touch key lights at bottom of device (set to always be 'on') turn off at any time; only fix is to restart OS - I use Swipe Home app and swipe up from home button no longer works, tho swipe to left or right does work. I wrote to app dev. So am I happy? No, but not devastated either.  I'll wait and see if more problems arise; I'm not inclined to do a hard reset hoping it will fix anything as I can do everything so far...just use a different approach. And even with a recover via Kies, the icon and pages setup would need to be done manually; a big job for my setup using 196 downloaded apps Now hoping Verizon and Samsung are monitoring all user problems (many have serious issues) and will fix all via OS 5.x Well, I can hope anyway! Doug.S
I don't want my Note 3 to update to Lollipop now. How can I stop the incessant badgering by Verizon/Samsung to update the software? How do I turn off notifications? Nothing seems to stop constant... See more...
I don't want my Note 3 to update to Lollipop now. How can I stop the incessant badgering by Verizon/Samsung to update the software? How do I turn off notifications? Nothing seems to stop constant interruptions.