Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,191 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

ecase727's Posts

Did not work I'm starting to think this is a service problem, not a software one, as nothing on the phone changed, but my phone switched from roaming globally to being back home when this p... See more...
Did not work I'm starting to think this is a service problem, not a software one, as nothing on the phone changed, but my phone switched from roaming globally to being back home when this problem started. Verizon? Any ideas?
Anyone there?  This issue is still not resolved.
Yep it is. Only other option is Google Hangouts, which is not selected.
All other services function properly, including sending voice calls. It's only texting. Turning phone off and removing/reinserting sim card did not resolve the issue.
My Galaxy S3 is no longer sending texts.  The problem started quite suddenly yesterday morning (11/18/14) for no discernible reason. Nothing changed about the phone between Sunday when it worked ... See more...
My Galaxy S3 is no longer sending texts.  The problem started quite suddenly yesterday morning (11/18/14) for no discernible reason. Nothing changed about the phone between Sunday when it worked and Monday when it didn't. I'm using the default messaging app that comes with the S3. As far as I can tell, it seems to be happening to every text I send, regardless of what kind of phone is on the receiving end. Tested it on people both with droids and with iphones.  What happens is I send the text and I get the little "sending" icon, which on an S3 is a little spinning cirlce thing.  That goes on for awhile and then I get a message informing me that the text failed to send.  One time of the several times I've tried, I got the error message, but the person on the receiving end still received the text. The only thing that changed is that I was roaming with voice/text only, overseas (Japan) for 2 weeks.  My texting worked fine while in Japan. However it has not worked since I returned.  Nothing about the phone in terms of apps or software or hardware has changed between when it worked and now.
This issue has now persisted for about two weeks, maybe a little longer. Coincides with the 4.4.2 update. Only two new programs installed were the 4.4.2 update and Spotify. Some Apps were upda... See more...
This issue has now persisted for about two weeks, maybe a little longer. Coincides with the 4.4.2 update. Only two new programs installed were the 4.4.2 update and Spotify. Some Apps were updated that could have theoretically caused this, but there are no non-mainstream apps on my phone. The primary issue is the phone spontaneously shuts off.  This in the past has only taken place when an app has been open and in use. However, this morning it occurred once during start-up and once when no apps were on. After a spontaneous shutdown, regardless of battery level prior to the shutdown, upon turning the phone on, the battery will read dramatically lower, or empty.  I have already done a factory reset, and I have run the phone in safe mode.  Reset changed nothing, safe mode just confirmed that the battery life is generically bad, but since i barely used the phone in safe mode, its hard to say whether or not anything changed.  Phone is fine when idling. This problem only appears when phone is actually being used. (perhaps a problem with the memory?) A timeline of events this morning, this was typical both before and after a factory reset: Phone is working normally. After about an hour, start playing candy crush while commuting. Battery at 85%. After a few minutes, spontaneous shutoff. Take out battery, put it back in, turn phone on. Phone comes back on at 49% battery life.  Open Candy Crush again, phone shuts down after about a minute of playing. Take out battery put it back in turn phone on. Phone shuts down in middle of boot phase. Take out battery, put it back in, turn phone on. Phone comes on at 20% battery. While looking at the home screen, scrolling around. Phone shuts off. Phone had been on for only about 20 seconds, no apps opened. Turn phone on again, shuts down in boot phase. Give up. When I got to work, I plugged it into the charger, and battery icon came up at 70%.  What on earth is going on? Is there anything Verizon can do about this? Is there a fix or can I bring this into a store and get a replacement?
This has nothing to do with background apps draining power over time and has everything to do with a software problem, and I'd like to point out, that I don't run any unknown apps on my phone. On... See more...
This has nothing to do with background apps draining power over time and has everything to do with a software problem, and I'd like to point out, that I don't run any unknown apps on my phone. Only apps I install are very well known apps that have millions of downloads such as Candy Crush, Baconreader, Facebook, Spotify, etc.  The battery life is bad, but what is happening is more than the battery just not lasting all day. (For what its worth, 12 hours in safe mode is absolutely terrible as far as what the battery life should be, but that's a different issue) The real issue, which I keep stating and keeps being ignored, is the phone incorrectly reading the battery levels and spontaneously shutting off while standard, well known apps such as Facebook and Candy Crush are running.  This only happens when apps are running and does not happen when the phone is idle. I have seen other people list this exact issue on this site. What is being done to correct this problem? Is it only Samsung phones causing this problem?
I definitely think part of the problem is the phone is incorrectly estimating its battery life. I'm wondering if the phone shuts down not because it suddenly discharges half its battery (which yo... See more...
I definitely think part of the problem is the phone is incorrectly estimating its battery life. I'm wondering if the phone shuts down not because it suddenly discharges half its battery (which you'd think would start a fire or something) but instead, the phone "thinks" it's out of juice and shuts off. That could also affect how much power it has at 100%, if it thinks its full before it actually is. The other day, after my last post, when it shutoff with 2% battery. I plugged it into a charger for less than a minute, and turned it back on and it came back at 20% battery.  It quickly dropped to 15%, but then after idling in my pocket for 20 minutes, it revised up to 18%.  === Ran it in safe mode yesterday. Battery lasts 12 hours in safe mode, but that's largely because, with no apps, I'm not really using it, so its laying around idle for hours. Frankly, given how little use it got in safe mode, and how nothing was running, it should last longer than just 12 hours.  Android System took 20% of power, Android OS took 8% of power. Android Now today, not in safe mode, but idling, it has lost 30% of its battery life in approximately 2 1/2 hours.  Haven't been using many apps today since I've been busy, so I don't know if it is going to do the battery-drain-crash thing that it does when I'm using an app. 
Just want to clarify, it went from 100% to 49% in a span of two hours, then from 49% to empty in a span of a few seconds. 
Did that. Didn't work. While setting up apps, battery was at 49% (after only being unplugged from charger for 2 hours). Then while putting in log in info for facebook app, almost done setti... See more...
Did that. Didn't work. While setting up apps, battery was at 49% (after only being unplugged from charger for 2 hours). Then while putting in log in info for facebook app, almost done setting the whole thing up, screen goes black. Turn phone back on to discover battery "critically low" at 2% juice left. Phone then immediately shuts off... guess 2% actually means 0%.
I updated my phone to 4.4.2 a couple weeks ago when Samsung prompted me to do it. It was okay at first, but now my phone shuts off randomly and the battery is totally out of whack. When idl... See more...
I updated my phone to 4.4.2 a couple weeks ago when Samsung prompted me to do it. It was okay at first, but now my phone shuts off randomly and the battery is totally out of whack. When idling my battery only gets about half the life it used to. When using apps, the batter can go from 50% or 60% charged, to 1% in a matter of minutes.  The phone randomly shuts down sometimes when using apps (has now happened with default internet browser, baconreader, instagram, and candy crush).  If the battery was some where to the tune of 50% to 80% when the app launched, suddenly, when I try to turn the phone back on, it comes on at 1% to 5%.  When I plug the charger into it while the phone is off, the battery indicator promptly jumps up to 30% or so.  Have been looking online and I know I'm not the only one with this problem.  Since Verizon, in their infinite wisdom, decided to not allow their phones to rollback to previous operating systems, I want to know if anyone has found a fix for this? And will Verizon do something about this? While I understand the reasons behind planned obsolescence, my phone hasn't even made it through a single contract cycle yet.  This is beyond ridiculous. 
Galaxy S3 user here. Exact same thing happened to me. Ever since the update, I'll randomly go from 80% battery to the phone shutting off for no reason. When I try to turn the phone on, it tel... See more...
Galaxy S3 user here. Exact same thing happened to me. Ever since the update, I'll randomly go from 80% battery to the phone shutting off for no reason. When I try to turn the phone on, it tells me 0% or 1% battery remaining and shuts down again.  The moment I plug it it, it reads out 30 or 40% charged.  That only happens when I use apps though, so the phone is only slightly bricked by this update. When the phone is idling, the battery will get me maybe 6 hours or so.