Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,617 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

rclksr's Posts

Ok I just spoke with tech support as well. I received the same answer as fawcets mentioned. She had me clear the cache, checked a couple of settings and than said this is the way the device funct... See more...
Ok I just spoke with tech support as well. I received the same answer as fawcets mentioned. She had me clear the cache, checked a couple of settings and than said this is the way the device functions. She went away from the phone and grabbed two other phones, one with KitKat and one with Lollipop and she said that the 4G and WIFI icons were both active on both versions of android. I told her before I "upgraded" when connected to a WIFI signal my 4G was greyed out. She assures me that she is connected to a strong WIFI and both icons are active on both devices. She says the only true way to make sure you are not using data is to turn off mobile data. I do not care for the answer but there was not anymore she could or would do. Verizon's point of view, at least from this tech support call, there is no problem the device is working as it was before. Not sure where to go from here, I think there is an issue.
fawcets: I have the same problem since "upgrading" to lollipop. When this device was on kitkat and I was connected to a WIFI my 4G icon was greyed out. Since the "upgrade"  the 4G icon never g... See more...
fawcets: I have the same problem since "upgrading" to lollipop. When this device was on kitkat and I was connected to a WIFI my 4G icon was greyed out. Since the "upgrade"  the 4G icon never goes out. I have not tried it but I assume it would go out if I turned my data off, but why would I do that, I did not have to when on KitKat. I also believe my battery life has taken a hit since "upgrading" as well. I have not tracked my data usage yet but if the icon is on I bet I 'm using data, data I'm paying for that I did not use two days ago. Still no fix from Verizon. What about an option to roll back to kitkat until lollipop is fixed?