Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,254 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

walshbm15's Posts

Thanks, this is helpful.
So didn't want to post this here, but Verizon doesn't have a customer service email I could find easily, so maybe I can get some help on here. So I have a few questions: 1) First of all I a... See more...
So didn't want to post this here, but Verizon doesn't have a customer service email I could find easily, so maybe I can get some help on here. So I have a few questions: 1) First of all I am looking to get a new phone. Google just announced their new Nexus devices earlier this week and this would be my top choice. I know these Nexus devices will support Verizon's radio's so theoretically I should have no problem using either on their network. I guess my only concern is, will I be able to just pop my sim card in go as soon as it shows up at my door, or will Verizon have to do further testing before they can conclude that this phone will do no harm to their network and will allow people to use it. (Say maybe an extra few weeks or so, sometime in November maybe?) 2) Secondly, I am on a family plan but each line on the plan has their own threshold for data. My line specifically I still have unlimited data. I would like to buy next phone outright (no contract), and just use it on the network under the current number I already have. If I do this, this should not effect my current data situation correct??? Also it should not effect any other family member on the current plan? Lastly but related, since it is confusing the direction you are trying to force people to go down, if another family member on the line decides to upgrade their phone down the line, this should still not effect anyone else on my family plan since everyone has their own data plan etc.. correct?
Hi all, I am currently in the process of shopping for an acceptable replacement for my current phone. I am looking to buy a phone full price off contract and use it on the network. A few diffe... See more...
Hi all, I am currently in the process of shopping for an acceptable replacement for my current phone. I am looking to buy a phone full price off contract and use it on the network. A few different ones I am looking at and prefer to have are the One Plus One and the Nexus 5. Now I understand when looking online people have tried popping a VZ sim card into both of these phones but have had no luck successfully connecting. Why is this? (I understand Verizon is a CDMA network) When looking on the two websites, both of these phones contain the appropriate LTE radios and have support for the bands that Verizon currently uses. In addition the Nexus 5 also appears to have support for the CDMA radio and can utilize the Band Classes: 0, 1, and 10; (I'm not familiar with the ones that Verizon currently uses, some incite could be helpful?). The actual tech specs found on the two websites can be seen below: Nexus 5: Networks 2G/3G/4G LTE North America: GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz CDMA: Band Class: 0/1/10 WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8/19 LTE: Bands: 1/2/4/5/17/19/25/26/41 One Plus One: GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz WCDMA Bands: 1/2/4/5/8 LTE Bands: 1/3/4/7/17/38/40 If those are the correct CDMA bands that Verizon uses on their network, then why does the Nexus 5 not work on the network? Is there anything that can be done to make it work? Secondly, I understand that the One Plus One is not equipped with a CDMA radio, but why does it not connect to the LTE network? In addition I understand that Verizon is in the process of rolling out their VoLTE network, if either the Nexus or the One Plus One was able to connect using just LTE then theoretically you would not need the phone to connect using CDMA and everything would work properly, correct? Looking forward to the responses. Have been a customer for years now and would like to continue that, but am starting to loose faith.