Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,328 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

GZRX's Posts

Yup, primitive as it sounds you must manually reset the data counter to coincide with your billing cycle. The "reset statistics" is located at the bottom of the Settings/Cellular menu.  The Setti... See more...
Yup, primitive as it sounds you must manually reset the data counter to coincide with your billing cycle. The "reset statistics" is located at the bottom of the Settings/Cellular menu.  The Settings/Cellular menu also lists data usage of each individual app and provides the ability to restrict data usage of apps of your choosing.
how about setting a recurring reminder in your phone's calendar?
I find the data usage counter on my S5 to be quite accurate when compared to that of the Verizon app.  In addition to providing the ongoing total usage in a billing cycle the phone's counter also... See more...
I find the data usage counter on my S5 to be quite accurate when compared to that of the Verizon app.  In addition to providing the ongoing total usage in a billing cycle the phone's counter also shows usage by individual apps.  That feature helps spot individual data hogs. For phone data counter accuracy, it is necessary that the billing cycle of your plan be properly selected in the phone's data usage app. For some phones, it’s set it and forget it and for others, such as Apple devices, it is necessary to manually reset the data counter at the beginning of each billing cycle. 
Here's how it works for me with my S5 and Win 10 laptop.  Connect phone to computer via usb cable. (I use the one that came with the phone.) On the phone swipe down on screen and touch "USB Charg... See more...
Here's how it works for me with my S5 and Win 10 laptop.  Connect phone to computer via usb cable. (I use the one that came with the phone.) On the phone swipe down on screen and touch "USB Charging" and then select "Photo Transfer".  On computer navigate to file explorer / this PC / Samsung-SM-G900V / Card / DCIM / Camera.  Alternately you could plug the phones memory card into an adapter and use card port on computer.
The only other Samsung device in the house besides my phone is a smart tv which was off. Did find the culprit though.  Even when I used the app Chomp for texting the 40 kb pic data showed up i... See more...
The only other Samsung device in the house besides my phone is a smart tv which was off. Did find the culprit though.  Even when I used the app Chomp for texting the 40 kb pic data showed up in the Hangouts app for some reason. Regardless, I have the phone's data turned off and have background data restricted.  Why does this Hangouts app still use data?  And would there be any downside to disabling the thing.
For the heck of it, I just tried this with my S5 and successfully sent a 40 kb picture to my wife's phone.  Data and WiFi are both off on my S5 and I've never used bluetooth.  I also checked for ... See more...
For the heck of it, I just tried this with my S5 and successfully sent a 40 kb picture to my wife's phone.  Data and WiFi are both off on my S5 and I've never used bluetooth.  I also checked for data usage recorded by Chomp, my text app, and there is none.
Not quite what you asked for but the following works on my Samsung S5: Create a new contact (name optional) with the following phone number: *86,,,----#    (replace ---- with the phone... See more...
Not quite what you asked for but the following works on my Samsung S5: Create a new contact (name optional) with the following phone number: *86,,,----#    (replace ---- with the phones 4 digit unlock code)
I have Verizon landline phone/internet combined service. Verizon loans a free basic router with that service which allows both wired and WIFI connections to the internet. Verizon also loans filte... See more...
I have Verizon landline phone/internet combined service. Verizon loans a free basic router with that service which allows both wired and WIFI connections to the internet. Verizon also loans filters which must be plugged into any other Verizon phone jacks that are in use.  No other equipment needed although I think it is possible to configure the Verizon router as a pass-through to a more featured router if desired. This internet service is through Verizon land line, not Verizon wireless. Contact phone number should be on your phone bill.
Thanks, I had known that $45 was the advertised cost.  What I wasn`t finding on the Verizon site was the full extent of applicable gotchas and prices associated with them. 
Soon out of contract,  I'm considering the $45 prepaid plan.  Could someone please enlighten me as to the actual monthly costs?
just a shot in the dark:  if phone is in easy mode, change to standard
I don't have the details at hand but the etf schedule was modified for contracts initiated on or after Nov 14, 2014.  The etf payment schedule now is more heavily weighted towards the end of the ... See more...
I don't have the details at hand but the etf schedule was modified for contracts initiated on or after Nov 14, 2014.  The etf payment schedule now is more heavily weighted towards the end of the contract.  Bottom line, it is now a more expensive event.
I,m often accused of being quick to ignore the obvious, such as to ask the "charge ony" question in the second post rather than writing a book.  Anyway, Thank you bearone21 and tikibar1.  That so... See more...
I,m often accused of being quick to ignore the obvious, such as to ask the "charge ony" question in the second post rather than writing a book.  Anyway, Thank you bearone21 and tikibar1.  That solved the problem.
Thanks for the reply. Prior to the Marshmallow update, when the S5 was connected to the laptop, I would see the phone as an external drive or device. Using the laptop I could click on that dr... See more...
Thanks for the reply. Prior to the Marshmallow update, when the S5 was connected to the laptop, I would see the phone as an external drive or device. Using the laptop I could click on that drive/device and would be able via the laptop see and navigate the file structure of the S5 and using the laptop be able to add or remove pics on the phone's internal memory or sd card. Since Marshmallow the computer again shows up on the phone but now the computer cannot open it.  To manage phone pictures using the computer I must now remove the sd card from the phone and plug it into a usb card reader attached to the computer to accomplish the same photo exchange.  The ability to manage files while on the phone (not logged in from computer) is same as prior to update.  The difference is failure when trying to accessing the phone through my computer and nothing has changed on the computer. Not sure what you meant by "charge only".  I'm using the usb cable bundled with the phone, same as I was using prior to the update. 
My S5 was updated to Marshmallow a couple days ago.  Seemed things worked ok until this morning when I discovered that the phone will not mount properly to my Win 10 laptop via usb. When mounted ... See more...
My S5 was updated to Marshmallow a couple days ago.  Seemed things worked ok until this morning when I discovered that the phone will not mount properly to my Win 10 laptop via usb. When mounted I see the phone icon on the laptop but no content.  A royal pain cus now I must remove the sd card and mount it with a card reader.  Besides that pain in the rear, I can now only access info that is stored on the sd card.
Was there any event or trouble preceding the loss of those options?  I had a seamless transition into lollipop and am currently trouble free at 5.0. I just now restarted my phone using Touchwiz a... See more...
Was there any event or trouble preceding the loss of those options?  I had a seamless transition into lollipop and am currently trouble free at 5.0. I just now restarted my phone using Touchwiz as the launcher and the home screen features continue to function properly.
I should have included:  To select a home screen, position the screen which you wish to be home under the "home screen indicator" and then touch the "home screen indicator".
I'm using Nova Launcher rather than the stock launcher on my S5 but think the process is the same for either. Long press the home screen. To add a screen, slide left and touch the plus sign. To ... See more...
I'm using Nova Launcher rather than the stock launcher on my S5 but think the process is the same for either. Long press the home screen. To add a screen, slide left and touch the plus sign. To remove a screen, touch it and slide upward.
Long press the home screen, touch "home screen settings" and check the box for MyMagazine.  If using a custom launcher you might not see that option so restart the phone using Touchwiz.
My bad  , I intended the remark re: time zone to be for JoeGrabber, the original poster.  I suspect that Three Rivers, MI has the potential for a time zone issue.