Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,116 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

CarolinasFan's Posts

Service has been great at my house for the 15 years I've been a Verizon customer. A few weeks ago a noticeable increase in dropped calls on LTE started, even when outside. May have been related to a ... See more...
Service has been great at my house for the 15 years I've been a Verizon customer. A few weeks ago a noticeable increase in dropped calls on LTE started, even when outside. May have been related to a storm. Support ticket was opened, Verizon responded that signal strength is less than optimal. Agent advised no fix is planned, it's just the way it is. That surprised me - if service suddenly became worse, why wouldn't that be addressed? There hasn't been any new construction between the house and the tower.
Thanks for the response. I'm wondering why texting through the app would be subject to the other carrier's service. As long as I have data, shouldn't the Message+ app send and receive as it does in t... See more...
Thanks for the response. I'm wondering why texting through the app would be subject to the other carrier's service. As long as I have data, shouldn't the Message+ app send and receive as it does in the US?
Sending/receiving texts worked about 90% of the time except for the situations I previously mentioned. I prefer my phone's native text messaging app so reverted to that when returning to the US.
I recently used Message+ in Spain with a foreign carrier's SIM card, and found the app to be unreliable. Some SMS messages were never delivered to me, specifically banking two-factor authorization te... See more...
I recently used Message+ in Spain with a foreign carrier's SIM card, and found the app to be unreliable. Some SMS messages were never delivered to me, specifically banking two-factor authorization texts. Also, some messages I sent to US phone numbers were never delivered even when the app showed delivered. Is this a known bug? The concept of Message+ is great when using a foreign carrier's SIM, just wish it worked better.
Thanks for replying. I can use local data with the non-Verizon SIM just fine. I don't believe I have a profile - there isn't anything at Settings > General > Profile (i.e., no choice under General fo... See more...
Thanks for replying. I can use local data with the non-Verizon SIM just fine. I don't believe I have a profile - there isn't anything at Settings > General > Profile (i.e., no choice under General for Profile).
I am currently outside of the US, using a SIM local to the country for better rates. Would like to use Message+ but when I try to sign up I get the error "Not able to generate pin. Please try again l... See more...
I am currently outside of the US, using a SIM local to the country for better rates. Would like to use Message+ but when I try to sign up I get the error "Not able to generate pin. Please try again later some time". But trying again later never works. Trying to sign up using a VPN with a US IP doesn't help. Users on my account in the US do not have this problem, so it looks like it's because I'm outside of the US. Any ideas on how to make this work? I'd like to use the app with my local SIM to still access my Verzion SMS messages.
I will be traveling to another country soon, and would like to use another carrier's SIM when doing so. My iPhone 8 was recently purchased from Verizon and I am paying for it each month. Can I us... See more...
I will be traveling to another country soon, and would like to use another carrier's SIM when doing so. My iPhone 8 was recently purchased from Verizon and I am paying for it each month. Can I use another carrier's SIM card? I would not port the number.