Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,694 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

devildog1983's Posts

I'm well aware of the rules, which is why I didn't use the dreaded "R" word.  However, the simple fact is the DX runs better on modded OS's than it does on VZ/Motoblur Gingerbread.  There are 3 D... See more...
I'm well aware of the rules, which is why I didn't use the dreaded "R" word.  However, the simple fact is the DX runs better on modded OS's than it does on VZ/Motoblur Gingerbread.  There are 3 DX's in my house and all of the common Gingerbread problems ceased when they were reloaded with a properly functioning OS.  People come to this forum for help and there are some great members like Cody and Wildman who are VERY helpful and I appreciate their efforts, but the fact is, there are ways to make the DX work flawlessly.  If VZ/Motorola are unwilling or unable to fix the problems that so many are experiencing, they at least need to allow users to be steered toward the greater Android community where solutions exist.  I love my DX...now.
There are far better options for your Droid X OS that eliminate Motoblur and Verizon bloatware and allow your Droid X to run smoothly.  Unfortunately VZW moderators and some of the forum members ... See more...
There are far better options for your Droid X OS that eliminate Motoblur and Verizon bloatware and allow your Droid X to run smoothly.  Unfortunately VZW moderators and some of the forum members frown upon those options being discussed here.  I will tell you that I was ready to jetison my DX until I started looking at options to improve its usability.  Now my DX is rock solid running on a customized OS.  However, it WILL void your warranty.  In my case, the warranty expired long ago.  Check out XDA Developers if you need help.
We are having the same problem with my wife's Droid X since the latest update.  I spent an hour on the phone with tech support Saturday explaining that I'd wiped the cache and done a factory rest... See more...
We are having the same problem with my wife's Droid X since the latest update.  I spent an hour on the phone with tech support Saturday explaining that I'd wiped the cache and done a factory restore and still couldn't get 3g and only occasionally 1X.  The tech said it was the towers that I was connected to.  I also explained that my Droid X sitting next to hers had 4 bars of 3G goodness and he explained that I was on a different tower.  We checked all of the settings and did another wipe with no improvement.  He put in a trouble ticket for the tower and said that the problem would self resolve when we were out and about and switched towers.  On Monday we went to work (same building) and to no one's surprise, still no 3G for her, but I had 4 bars.  Called Verizon again and this time the CSR asked my wife if she was running Advanced Task Killer, to which she said yes.  The CSR then told her that Advanced Task Killer had corrupted the SBF and that was why even after factory resetting the phone and with no apps installed, we couldn't get 3G.  Advanced Task Killer (ATK) had killed the phone and there was no way of fixing it.  I'm waiving the **bleep** flag and looking to some of the smart guys on this forum for an answer.  I don't see any circumstances where ATK could in some way write to or corrupt the SBF.  I think that my wife was being fed a line of crap, but I'd like to know what folks here think.  They did offer to send her a refurbed phone, so I'm not going to root and manually replace the SBF.
Yep, tried the cache clear procedure, but it didn't help.  It's interesting that when I cycle the auto synch button off and back on or go to the Gmail app and referesh, it will fetch my email and... See more...
Yep, tried the cache clear procedure, but it didn't help.  It's interesting that when I cycle the auto synch button off and back on or go to the Gmail app and referesh, it will fetch my email and will generally continue to synch for a few hours and then it stops again.  It is terribly frustrating.  As for the GB update, that is why I said it is a pink unicorn.  I won't believe in it until I see it with my own eyes.  Thanks for the response.  
I can't count the number of people that I know that are having this problem.  It is very rare that my GMail syncs on it's own.  Yes I have the power control widget on my screen and yes it is set ... See more...
I can't count the number of people that I know that are having this problem.  It is very rare that my GMail syncs on it's own.  Yes I have the power control widget on my screen and yes it is set to auto synch, but it doesn't.  My wife's DX has the same issue.  It should not be a surprise that this, like so many other problems, started with the upgrade to Gingerbread.  I'm beginning to think that the patch to fix all of our DX Gingerbread problems is a pink unicorn.  Mythical in existence, often talked about, but never seen.  Perhaps one of you Verizon folks could update us on the status of it.
Jon, I travel to Alaska on a regular basis between Anchorage, Fairbanks and Delta Junction (Delta is a fairly remote area) and have had very few areas where I didn't have a signal. My phone has a... See more...
Jon, I travel to Alaska on a regular basis between Anchorage, Fairbanks and Delta Junction (Delta is a fairly remote area) and have had very few areas where I didn't have a signal. My phone has always automatically hopped from carrier to carrier roaming without a problem. Good luck!
I've spent an hour on the phone with Verizon Tech Support and they can't solve my problem. Hopefully someone here can. I have a Chaperone subscription and when I upgraded to 2.0 on my EnV, I stopp... See more...
I've spent an hour on the phone with Verizon Tech Support and they can't solve my problem. Hopefully someone here can. I have a Chaperone subscription and when I upgraded to 2.0 on my EnV, I stopped getting alerts as text messages and started getting "Get It Now" notifications to log in to see my Chaperone alerts for my child's phone. My wife's phone (EnV) also has 2.0, but she still gets text alerts. I removed and reinstalled the Parent App and it didn't solve the problem. I bought a new phone this week (for other reasons) and installed the Parent App and I still have the same issue. Someone please HELP!