Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,907 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

boobdole's Posts

Yep, I think that's been just about everyone's experience with the Charge.  It's a terrible phone for a "flagship" product and was abandoned about as quickly because it was so bad (despite the fa... See more...
Yep, I think that's been just about everyone's experience with the Charge.  It's a terrible phone for a "flagship" product and was abandoned about as quickly because it was so bad (despite the fact many of us paid top dollar for this phone to get in before unlimited data disappeared . . . just to have it basically taken away anyway).  You might not want to leave Verizon over the phone itself but I think the way they handled your case is a pretty good indication of their customer service.  Join many of us and jump ship.  Verizon's not worth the frustration. 
I had to get ghostly SMS as well.  Works pretty well but makes me sad at how many texts I probably missed prior to getting it . . . Verizon's explanation was that AT&T is not formatting their tex... See more...
I had to get ghostly SMS as well.  Works pretty well but makes me sad at how many texts I probably missed prior to getting it . . . Verizon's explanation was that AT&T is not formatting their texts correctly or some garbage like that.  So instead of fixing the way they receive the messages (AT&T doesn't have an issue internally), they just point the finger at AT&T.  Typical Verizon response.  It's always someone else's fault but never theirs. 
TO be fair, every droid charge is a bad phone.  The fact they don't see any of the known issues as known issues is a pretty good indication of how terrible Verizon's customer service is.  I'd loo... See more...
TO be fair, every droid charge is a bad phone.  The fact they don't see any of the known issues as known issues is a pretty good indication of how terrible Verizon's customer service is.  I'd look for a new carrier (as many others are starting to do).  Good luck!
Good choice.  I'm jumping ship to AT&T as well.  For a premium flagship phone, they sure ignored and turned their back on it pretty quick.  Good riddance, Verizon. 
Ignore Verizon.  I'm betting you're in the same boat as me and you're only getting offers to help now, around the time your contract is up.  I'm with you on that one.  I'm joining AT&T (need to m... See more...
Ignore Verizon.  I'm betting you're in the same boat as me and you're only getting offers to help now, around the time your contract is up.  I'm with you on that one.  I'm joining AT&T (need to move to a GSM phone for international travel).  Good luck with Sprint! 
I'd consider going back to the store and telling them to either make it right or you'll go somewhere else.  They still care about getting your business at this point (they stop caring past day 30... See more...
I'd consider going back to the store and telling them to either make it right or you'll go somewhere else.  They still care about getting your business at this point (they stop caring past day 30) so now's the time to do something.  If they don't fix their mistake, go somewhere else.  There are other companies that will care about your business and lately, all Verizon seems to care about is money.  I'm willing to bet you'll be happier with someone else. 
Well, after several years, declining customer service, and excess greed, I'm finally going to be free of Verizon soon.  I have been with you guys for several years and have been very disappointed... See more...
Well, after several years, declining customer service, and excess greed, I'm finally going to be free of Verizon soon.  I have been with you guys for several years and have been very disappointed with how you guys have handled the past year or two.  Before you had the iPhone, you were at a disadvantage and made up for it with excellent customer service, new phones, and new technology.  Since you've got the iPhone, the network is slower, you don't get the newest technology (the Atrix was 8 months ahead of the Bionic, which were supposed to be released at the same time, you passed on the Lumia 920, and AT&T beat you to the S4 as well), and your customer service has become GARBAGE!  I actually had one of your in store employees tell me to my face that they can't help me with an issue I had because I had more than 6 months left on my contract.  Basically, I wasn't worth it unless I was ready to upgrade. I've spent a lot of time with Verizon and to watch you transition from a company with exceptional customer service that strived to be the best to win over customers to just being content with being just being the status quo is sad (and annoying).  At this point, I can't see a single reason why I would stick with you.  If you guys truly want to improve your company, start listening to your customers!  Listen to how they feel about the customer service, listen to what they say about technology, try to not just be the same but to BE THE BETTER COMPANY.  I understand you guys have to make a profit but there's a difference between making a profit and just greed.  You could have made a lot of money from actually BEING the best company, as you have done in the past.  As long as you see your customers merely as dollars (rather than customers that MAKE you the dollars), you're going to get worse and worse and it's going to cost you more in the long run.  Anyone who is experiencing the same things with Verizon, I highly recommend looking into alternatives.  They might be exactly the same, but you already know what you're getting with Verizon.  If you're discontent with them now, it's not going to get any better.  Might as well give someone else a shot.  I'm out.  Later. 
As someone who had a similar experience with Verizon customer service, I can say that this is not an isolated event.  The employees generally don't seem to know anything about the products they a... See more...
As someone who had a similar experience with Verizon customer service, I can say that this is not an isolated event.  The employees generally don't seem to know anything about the products they are selling and will do and say anything to make a sale.  When I confronted my local store about misleading info they gave me regarding 4G, they basically told me they can't do anything for me until I have 6 months or less left on my contract.  So basically, I'm only worth their time if it's time for an upgrade and then suddenly they care. If it's been less than 30 days, I believe you have the ability to cancel and I would HIGHLY suggest leaving Verizon.  Don't tolerate their garbage customer service.  Ever since Verizon got the iPhone, they haven't had to compete much with other services and they seem content with the status quo.  Don't let them get away with that! 
It would be nice if they openly admitted to knowing about this problem rather than trying to suppress it. 
Same reason most people probably did.  it was the best deal at the time or it had a different reputation at the time.  people's priorities and experiences change over time as do company's priorit... See more...
Same reason most people probably did.  it was the best deal at the time or it had a different reputation at the time.  people's priorities and experiences change over time as do company's priorities and objectives.  I know a number of people who have decided Verizon is not worth the extra money they cost.  And fair enough, everyone has their own reasons for changing their minds.  I myself will also be leaving first chance I get for T-Mobile, mainly because I've decided that unlimited data is not worth the additional costs and terrible customer service (that and now Verizon does not support unlimited data while other carriers do.  As Verizon changes their business model, it makes sense people will adjust their perception of the company based on this). 
I actually saw a video on youtube and it showed the effects of dropping various phones from different distances, angles, etc.  Dropping a phone with the face flat is, unfortunately, the most dest... See more...
I actually saw a video on youtube and it showed the effects of dropping various phones from different distances, angles, etc.  Dropping a phone with the face flat is, unfortunately, the most destructive thing you can do to the glass (even more so than dropping it on an edge, surprisingly enough).  I understand people's complaints about dropping the phones and in those instances, it is to some degree user error but, let's be honest, it's more or less wear and tear for phone for most people's general use (if you can find a single person that has never dropped their phone, I'd be very surprised).  However, the marketing for this phone makes it sounds indestructible.  Kevlar case?  Gorilla glass that won't scratch, even if you run a knife across the screen?  The phone SHOULD be indestructible according to the way they market it.  It should AT LEAST be able to deal with normal phone wear and tear and that includes small drops.  Legally, Verizon/Motorolla might be in the right and we are not allowed to drop our phones and still expect them to work.  But from a customer standpoint, this is flat out ridiculous and dishonest.  They may win the battle but it's unlikely to win the war if neither Motorola or Verizon will stand by their products and admit when there are design flaws/issues.  Regardless, there are still a number of people who have had issues that have NOT dropped them.  You can dismiss a few of them for lying but there are MANY MANY reports of this same issue.  If Motorola won't back their products, people won't buy them in the future.  It's a poor, short sighted move to not acknowledge this issue. 
well, for anyone who is currently on 3g and doesn't want to upgrade phones/plans for one reason or another, etc, yes, it is forcing their hands, even if you do feel it's an upgrade.  disconti... See more...
well, for anyone who is currently on 3g and doesn't want to upgrade phones/plans for one reason or another, etc, yes, it is forcing their hands, even if you do feel it's an upgrade.  discontinuing one type of service (3g) to make room for another (4g) is forcing people's hands.  people that only have 3g phones will have to move towards 4g as 3g will not be supported.  that's not conspiracy, that's just fact. 
Sorry, I guess that statement was a bit misleading.  No, I had 3G, I just didn't have 4G, which I was led to believe would be arriving soon.  If I had only planned on using 3G, I wouldn't hav... See more...
Sorry, I guess that statement was a bit misleading.  No, I had 3G, I just didn't have 4G, which I was led to believe would be arriving soon.  If I had only planned on using 3G, I wouldn't have bought the charge (which I only accepted because they kept pushing back the bionic and I had to choose between 4G with unlimited data with a very average device, get a good 3G device with unlimited data (which would be pointless considering how slow 3G has been in our area), or wait and get a decent 3G or 4G device without unlimited data.  I made my decision off assurances that we would have 4G in our area relatively soon.  I settled on a device I didn't really want based on this information.  I realize that there are never any guarantees on this but I do think there is some responsibility to give relatively accurate information since I'm making a decision on the phone I'm going to have for the next 2 years.  If Verizon doesn't feel any responsibility for this, that's fine, that's their right.  But I certainly am not going to renew a contract with them when they provided me with false information and then decided they are going to ignore me until 2 years down the road and now suddenly, I'm getting letters in the mail, phone calls, trying to win me back.  And maybe every other company will do the same thing (except AT&T had the Atrix, a better phone, 6 months prior to Verizon and Verizon is WAY more tight lipped on any updates on phones/technology.  Even their employees don't know anything until a week before it hits shelves!  It's hard to trust a company who feeds their employees false/no information and then has them deny any knowledge of the situation).  Basically, I think Verizon handled this situation poorly.  They've made no attempt to fix it until right before my contract is up.  Maybe every other company is just as bad but, unless they truly want to fix the situation, I might as well give someone else a shot. 
No, he's probably right.  I am yet to use even 2Gigs/month even though I have unlimited and 3G has become even more worthless than it used to be.  It looks more like 3G is being downgraded to for... See more...
No, he's probably right.  I am yet to use even 2Gigs/month even though I have unlimited and 3G has become even more worthless than it used to be.  It looks more like 3G is being downgraded to force all 3G users towards 4G. 
When I bought my 4G phone (droid charge) in July of last year, I was told our area would have 4G by the end of summer.  I didn't take that as a definite date (things happen) so when it didn't hap... See more...
When I bought my 4G phone (droid charge) in July of last year, I was told our area would have 4G by the end of summer.  I didn't take that as a definite date (things happen) so when it didn't happen at the end of summer, I figured it would be by Christmas for sure.  When that didn't happen, I went to Verizon stores, talked to reps, called the phone line and was told the only guarantee I was going to get is that it would be there by the end of 2013, WELL past the last year of my contract.  I paid $300 for a "premium flagship" 4G phone with unlimited data that I'd never get to use.  Rather than making it right, Verizon basically told me that I didn't matter until my contact was up.  No phone upgrades, no price reductions, no reimbursements, no letting me out of contract.  Nothing.  So when myself or my wife are almost out of contract and NOW Verizon cares, I sure as **** don't. I keep hearing that Verizon wants to keep my business but I'm yet to see any action come from it.  What I hear is Verizon wants to keep my business as long as it doesn't cost them anything and they don't have to do anything.  That's not customer service.  Feel free to fix the problem if you want but don't patronize me by pretending Verizon cares. 
Oh, the irony.  Thanks, Verizon!
Heh, guess that answers your questions, eh?  They're here to (deleted content to comply with ..."Discussions of moderator actions on the boards" is not permitted) you but not help you.  That abo... See more...
Heh, guess that answers your questions, eh?  They're here to (deleted content to comply with ..."Discussions of moderator actions on the boards" is not permitted) you but not help you.  That about sums up the Verizon experience these days.  At best, you'll have a rep pop into a thread and say "wow, I'm sorry you're having that problem.  Can you tell me more about it" and then you'll never hear from them again.  But towards the end of your 2 years, of course you'll get a phone call from them (as I did) about them bending over backwards to help you.  Where were they the previous year and a half?  Who knows.  But they sure care when it's time to renew! Moral of the story, leave Verizon.  Every other company may be just as bad but you might as well give them the chance.  You already know what you're getting by staying with Verizon, and it's not much for the price.  /rant Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator (M)
For the record, there's an entire page of posts here on the same issue: http://www.relaxing-fun.com/android/droid-razr-maxx-broken-screen/1938
There's very little difference between Verizon and AT&T (as soon as one of them makes a move, the other seems to follow).  The real noticable differences in prices and plans would be AT&T/Verizon... See more...
There's very little difference between Verizon and AT&T (as soon as one of them makes a move, the other seems to follow).  The real noticable differences in prices and plans would be AT&T/Verizon versus T mobile or Sprint.  You can save a significant amount of money jumping to the latter two, you just have to evaluate whether the money you save by jumping ship is in proportion to the service you receive.  If you are in an area that typically has terrible service and Verizon is the only one with decent coverage, it makes sense to stick with them.  I think most people tend to live in areas that are well covered by each of those carriers and the change in service would be minimal when compared to the money you'd save by jumping ship.  But maybe that's just me.  I hate Verizon and can't wait to leave. 
That's some pretty amazing processing time!  It only took about 5 months for Verizon (almost 1/4 of someone's contract) to acknowledge this claim.