I have this same problem.  Using a SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSD XC1.  My card is formated to be used as phone memory so it cannot be read in a pc without reformatting it first. I would lose all of ... Ver más...
I have this same problem.  Using a SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSD XC1.  My card is formated to be used as phone memory so it cannot be read in a pc without reformatting it first. I would lose all of my music video and pictures if I did that. I do not understand the others that say their cards can be read on a computer unless they did not format the card for their phone to use as memory.  Regardless, this card has been working in my phone for the past 3 months, then just stopped working last weekend. The phone still recognizes the card is there as it see's the extra memory space, but it cannot read the card or anything on it.  This is preventing me from taking app updates, any new video or pictures or listening to the 10Gb of music I have saved to the card.
Thanks EricW_VZW What bugs me is that I cannot click on Misc Items to view what in there is holding so much memory.  On my Droid Turbo, and My LG G2 both allow you to click on misc so you c... Ver más...
Thanks EricW_VZW What bugs me is that I cannot click on Misc Items to view what in there is holding so much memory.  On my Droid Turbo, and My LG G2 both allow you to click on misc so you could see individual items with that grouping.  Not so on the Ellipsis 7.  I guess its a wash because you can't do anything about it, but at least I could confirm if something was related to an app I could clear it or uninstall the app or something else to attempt to clear the space. Anyway, thanks for your response.   
My Ellipsis 7 uses an unusually High amount of memory/storage in the Misc Items area.  2.92 our of 8 total GB  I am unable to view the items that are categorized as Misc Items in storage.  When y... See more...
My Ellipsis 7 uses an unusually High amount of memory/storage in the Misc Items area.  2.92 our of 8 total GB  I am unable to view the items that are categorized as Misc Items in storage.  When you click on that item to view details nothing happens. I'd like to free up this memory space if I can.  Does anyone know how?  Or what types of things are stored under misc items? My software version is MV7A_41D37_422A.  In a different thread related to storage and memory there was reference to various software version that needed updating.  my particular software version was not listed in that discussion.  I am posting it here in case it helps anyone to answer this question.  No updates are available for my device at this time.
How do you know that there is a soak test going on?  Just curious.  I have seen rumors of that also, dating back to January, but no hard evidence yet.  Usually once the soak test is complete, the... Ver más...
How do you know that there is a soak test going on?  Just curious.  I have seen rumors of that also, dating back to January, but no hard evidence yet.  Usually once the soak test is complete, the software is released.  I have also heard that the Turbo will go straight to 5.1, but again, all speculation.
I am fine with my Ellipsis tablet too.  I was skeptical at first, but now find this tablet to be better and more useful than my ASUS transformer TF300T.  For free, it is a very capable tab.  I us... See more...
I am fine with my Ellipsis tablet too.  I was skeptical at first, but now find this tablet to be better and more useful than my ASUS transformer TF300T.  For free, it is a very capable tab.  I use it all the time. However, at first, I was not happy because I had trouble with the in store sales person as well.  I agreed to take the tablet so long as I didn't have to pay for additional data.  I was told this table was free and it will not cost me another dime on my bill.  I wanted to share the 4GB plan I already had between my phone and the tablet.  My first bill included and additional 2GB that I didn't want or need.  I went back to the store and stated my case, calmly and clearly.  It took a little while and some convincing, but they adjusted my plan and bill and made good on the deal.  If anything, hold your in store sales people more accountable for when they lie to sell a product. 
Folks, try removing or 'forgetting' any old or unused wi-fi networks from the phones wi-fi Network management.  From settings, go into wi-fi, Manage Networks and long press on any network that is... Ver más...
Folks, try removing or 'forgetting' any old or unused wi-fi networks from the phones wi-fi Network management.  From settings, go into wi-fi, Manage Networks and long press on any network that is not a regular connection for you.  Or just click Forget all networks if you don't mind reconnecting to each one you want to keep. This step helped me with a battery drain issue.  I am thinking there may have been a bug with the Wi-Fi on the update that led to excessive battery drain.  Perhaps it is affecting connection in general on some phones. Good Luck.  Hope this helps.
I have seen degradation in my battery drain also.  Not as severe as some mentioned here, but clearly it has increased drain rate from what it was before.  I have researched this extensively and f... Ver más...
I have seen degradation in my battery drain also.  Not as severe as some mentioned here, but clearly it has increased drain rate from what it was before.  I have researched this extensively and found what I believe to be A solution, if not THE solution to excessive battery drain: Wi-Fi Network Clean up. My research has led me to many forums discussing Wake-locks and Wi-Fi being a major contributor to battery drain.  I did one simple step that had an immediate positive effect on my battery drain and effectively cut the drain rate in half.  Delete unneeded Wi-Fi networks. Go into your Wi-Fi Settings, Choose 'Manage Networks' and take a look at all of the Wi-Fi networks listed.  You'll see every Wi-Fi network you have ever connected your phone to.  Start to delete or 'forget' all the networks that are not regular connections for you.  I had airport networks, airplane networks, public free wi-fi networks, Hotel Networks and other networks that I had connected to only one time.  I bet I deleted 20 networks I'll never cross paths with again. Since I did this, my battery drain reduced from 2.8% per hour to 1.7% per hour.  Not quite half the drain rate, but a considerable improvement. There is an apparent bug related to wi-fi that may have something to do with how the phone searches for known or previously connected networks.  Or maybe just that an excessive number of network options leaves the phone scanning for too many possible networks to connect to. I used GSAM Battery Monitor, CPU Spy, Android Tuner Battery Manager and BetterBatteryStats apps to help find my solution. My phone now goes into Deep sleep for about 75% of the time where before it was only deep sleeping at 55%.  Something was keeping it awake (wakelocks) and I believe that something was the wi-fi sniffer. Other things to consider are the usual, clear the cache, try to identify a suspect app (often times after a major upgrade there may be a few apps that just don't play nice with the new upgrade.  Ditch them if you can figure out which ones they are).  And last but not least, do a back up and Factory Reset your phone.  Then add your apps back manually a few a day and watch for battery drain to increase.  Factory Data Reset is a pain, but you will be happy you did it.  Just remember to back up the contents of your phone before you do it because it will wipe you phone clean of all music, pictures, chats, screenshots, or anything else you have saved to your phone. Good Luck.  I hope this helps. sdrolz Current phone: Droid Maxx
I also have a duplicate, and TRIPLICATED contacts issue.  This happened when I upgraded to a Maxx and the store employee attempted to transfer from my old phone to my new phone.  Very frustrating... Ver más...
I also have a duplicate, and TRIPLICATED contacts issue.  This happened when I upgraded to a Maxx and the store employee attempted to transfer from my old phone to my new phone.  Very frustrating.  My contacts were in order when I turned my old phone in and were a complete mess when I got my new phone.  Not a happy customer at the moment. 
I also receive the text messages both when I receive a voicemail in visual voicemail and after I listen to or delete a voicemail via visual voicemail.  I get the same messages as RMForlenza " ... Ver más...
I also receive the text messages both when I receive a voicemail in visual voicemail and after I listen to or delete a voicemail via visual voicemail.  I get the same messages as RMForlenza " With every voicemail I receive, I also receive a text message stating "You have # Visual Voice Mail messages. Please select the Visual VM icon to reinstall. Free Message from Verizon Wireless." After listening and deleting my voice message, I receive another text message staging "Visual Voice Mail activity received. Please select the Visual VM icon to reinstall. Free Message from Verizon Wireless."" How do I get them to stop?  Is there a solution for this?  Very annoying and a waste of time. My device: Motorola Droid Razr XT912 Android v4.1.2 - Using Google Hangouts v2.0.303 with SMS enabled.