Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,547 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

NrS_0408's Posts

It wasn't turning on immediately, but it usually happened within about 5 mins of shutting it off.  I did not have this issue with 5.0 prior to the 3/30 update.  Regarding Safe Mode - that fix... See more...
It wasn't turning on immediately, but it usually happened within about 5 mins of shutting it off.  I did not have this issue with 5.0 prior to the 3/30 update.  Regarding Safe Mode - that fixed it!!  Here's how it went down - turned it on Safe Mode for a couple of hours and I did NOT experience the concern.  Within 5 mins of switching off safe mode, the WiFi had turned itself on.  Went to application manager and started looking for running apps to narrow down the suspects.  Took a shot and uninstalled a rather useless"Xfinity Wifi Locator" app and it seems to have been the culprit.  Appreciate the help - it was driving me nuts. 
I received the original build when 5.0 was released OTA for the Galaxy s5.  When the "update" was pushed on 3/30, my phone developed an issue where the WiFi setting will turn itself on whenever i... See more...
I received the original build when 5.0 was released OTA for the Galaxy s5.  When the "update" was pushed on 3/30, my phone developed an issue where the WiFi setting will turn itself on whenever it recognizes a WiFi.  I have the "smart network switch" unchecked on my setting.  This is a problem because Comcast has a hotspot network set up around Nashville so I'm CONSTANTLY having to turn off the WiFI.  Just to reiterate, this behavior only started after the update on 3/30.