Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,543 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

bravelad's Posts

Thank you for taking the time to reply, that is very good information.  It's good info for this community too.  Happy holidays!
So I, fortunately, have a phone repair guy in my building (GadgetGuy in Cedar Rapids) that took the sim that was in my backup phone and cut it down to nano size.  We put that in and it worked... ... See more...
So I, fortunately, have a phone repair guy in my building (GadgetGuy in Cedar Rapids) that took the sim that was in my backup phone and cut it down to nano size.  We put that in and it worked... almost instantly.  So, I'm connected afterall!  I did get some alert from Verizon that I'm using an unrecognized device with my registered sim and that "some features may not work"...   What features wouldn't work?  That's weird because Verizon has sold LG G6's, the exact same model (US997), so what wouldn't work if I'm also using a Verizon sim that was active. Verizon wouldn't deliberately trim their services to a phone that someone didn't buy from them would they?  That doesn't seem right.
I tried it and it didn't work.  Maybe that sim gets inactivated when I got my backup S4 activated?  Or maybe a sim 'expires' if it doesn't get used for awhile? Not sure... I made a call aft... See more...
I tried it and it didn't work.  Maybe that sim gets inactivated when I got my backup S4 activated?  Or maybe a sim 'expires' if it doesn't get used for awhile? Not sure... I made a call after 5 minutes and I got the same automated response from Verizon, "Not active..."
In some manner I guess I have done all these steps..  I had a Nexus 5x that died a few months ago.  I still had the phone (luckily) but have been using an old Galaxy s4 as a backup.  When I got t... See more...
In some manner I guess I have done all these steps..  I had a Nexus 5x that died a few months ago.  I still had the phone (luckily) but have been using an old Galaxy s4 as a backup.  When I got this phone yesterday, I didn't use the sim from my S4 because it's a weird size, not a nano sim or micro.  But, I had the nano sim from my now dead Nexus.  Technically that should work, right?  At least it should recognize it's a sim that worked on Verizon before. One thing I didn't do though was completely shut down my old S4 and at least pull the sim, while the other one is powered on, then waiting a few minutes...  I'll try that.
where would I find that information?
oops, sorry about the profanity, that was a lack of class on my part...
I have an unlocked version of the LG G6, I didn't buy it from Verizon, but I'm a long time Verizon customer. So, I was hoping to use it to replace my current phone (which is a very old 'backup' g... See more...
I have an unlocked version of the LG G6, I didn't buy it from Verizon, but I'm a long time Verizon customer. So, I was hoping to use it to replace my current phone (which is a very old 'backup' galaxy s4) with this unlocked dual band phone.  Verizon sells (or sold) this phone model, so it IS compatible on their network.  However, they said that the IMEI number is not in their list. Interestingly, they said the same thing about my daughters Nexus 5x initially a few years ago). Does anyone have any insight into how I can get this to work?  If they say the IMEI is not in their list, can't they just update their [removed] list? What of the stories of other people who have the same model (US997) that swapped in their old nano sim and got it to work?  Does this mean there is a workaround?  Their are other accounts of people getting this to work, and [removed],  Verizon even has support pages for this phone on their own support pages! Just about ready to give up and move on down the road, just thought I would try this one last place to get help. I want to keep the phone, it's dual band, I can take it to another carrier, I guess. Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service Message edited by Verizon Moderator. ​
I'm soooo glad others are seeing the same thing.  I have been apoplectic over the last few months, having carefully tracked my usage when I was on Sprint and setting up my contract with what I fe... See more...
I'm soooo glad others are seeing the same thing.  I have been apoplectic over the last few months, having carefully tracked my usage when I was on Sprint and setting up my contract with what I felt like was a decent sized data plan.  However, my daughters iPhone 5 uses an amazing amount of data, and I've been going through the roof with my daughter.  Sometimes a week into the month getting usage warnings (I've set up all the warnings)!  I have gone from 2gig (we never collectively used over 2 gb a month on Sprint), to 4gb to a 6 to keep from going over.  Her iPhone kills my android in data usage.  I finally had to tell her to turn off data while in the house (we always use wifi in our house or the houses of people who let us connect), or out on the road unless she really needs it, the amount of policing has been hilariously stupid. Yes, I think she naturally uses more data than me, she is a teen, but I don't restrict my usage at all and I'm always way under her levels.  Something... is... wrong with the iPhone or with how Verizon calculates data with iPhones.  I hope this issue gets huge momentum, and Verizon get to the bottom of it.  I would hate to see it become some sort of class action lawsuit (oh my gosh that was sooo MSNBC). Please Verizon, figure this out.