Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,974 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

atbaker's Posts

Lengthy conversations with VZW technicians and Apple technicians have been detailed in the discussion linked above, yet the only suggestion seems to be to try switching from a grandfathered Allte... See more...
Lengthy conversations with VZW technicians and Apple technicians have been detailed in the discussion linked above, yet the only suggestion seems to be to try switching from a grandfathered Alltel plan to a Verizon plan, or upgrade to an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus.  To me, that sounds like treating the symptom, not solving the problem.  Some customers have gone as far as filing a complaint with the FCC.  My hope is that with enough squeaky wheels, we'll eventually get the grease, or perhaps there's something that I'm missing, and it will be a simple fix.
The common denominator identified in the discussion I linked to is that the issue only affects customers who are former customers of Alltel.
Like many others, my phone has shown "Extended" instead of "Verizon" since the first iOS 8.1 update.  I had hoped that this issue would be resolved with either an iOS update or a carrier settings... See more...
Like many others, my phone has shown "Extended" instead of "Verizon" since the first iOS 8.1 update.  I had hoped that this issue would be resolved with either an iOS update or a carrier settings update, but it has been over 5 months...  Is there anything I can do to help resolve this issue, or should I just be patient and continue waiting for an iOS/carrier settings update? iOS 8.1 always in extended coverage | Apple Support Communities The discussion linked above has 39,173 views and 119 replies as I type this post.  The original poster posted his discussion on Oct 20, 2014, and as of Mar 27, 2015, still has not resolved the issue.