Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,722 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

elliew's Posts

SWAG - sounds like OP may have added a line to get a new smartphone to transfer to another line, guessing there may be unlimitted data involved
I did that as well Snn5. I created an actual ICE group with the same group members. So far everything continues to work correctly, and my new ICE group still appears at the top of my list.     ... See more...
I did that as well Snn5. I created an actual ICE group with the same group members. So far everything continues to work correctly, and my new ICE group still appears at the top of my list.       This experience has led me to start seriously thinking about upgrading my device from my LG LUCID2 (my beginner smartphone) to something with more storage and a bit more oomph - currently leaning towards the Motorola Droid MAXX for the battery life. Taking in a lot of the feedback from the forums here.
instead of selecting 'current location', try putting in a specific zip code or city. it's worth a try
go to Settings > Storage > and see what is using the space. Start your research there. I just had a similar experience and my problems was my contacts went from 1.2 MB of storage to 1.9 GB.
Sounds like the OP wants to connect (and stay connected) to HIS wifi and to STOP trying to connect to a neighbor's wifi. I've run into this myself - it doesn't help to remove other connections, ... See more...
Sounds like the OP wants to connect (and stay connected) to HIS wifi and to STOP trying to connect to a neighbor's wifi. I've run into this myself - it doesn't help to remove other connections, they just come back again as the device continues to search for connections. If you disable searching will the device just connect to your saved connections then?
What a day, what a day. My contacts went haywire yesterday - storage for contacts went from 1.2MB to 1.9GB and just about everything on my puny 8GB phone started failing due to lack of space. I t... See more...
What a day, what a day. My contacts went haywire yesterday - storage for contacts went from 1.2MB to 1.9GB and just about everything on my puny 8GB phone started failing due to lack of space. I tried re-syncing, cleared cache, nothing worked. I removed some apps, deleted pics, restarted in safe mode. My contacts refused to open or display. I purposely keep my contacts in gmail for safekeeping but couldn't access from my phone - my link to my friends was unusable.  Did a LOT of searching, tried numerous fixes, I did finally discover that Google Contact Sync failed every time. All other Google syncs worked fine. Stupid me cleared data from contacts. Tried to restore contacts from sync - total failure. Finally discovered Contact Sync Fix app - thank you app gods!! Apparently some conflict with ICE group being considered a fake group caused the problem, but it didn't rear it's head until I booted to safe mode and then back to regular operation. I think I have it fixed, but am still confirming things are back to normal. I did loose my call log (I also didn't have any call history in my phone) - thanks Vzn Cloud - when I tried to restore it said it did, but it didn't, and then it showed I had 0 calls instead of 500. You don't realize how much you depend on the info in your phone until you don't have it or can't get to it. Sheesh.
I was just checking my plan and noticed that the 10GB plan is once again available for $80, and the 15GB plan for $100 ... thought I would share this good news with the community.
Read some of the other posts re Lollipop updates and what it does to their devices. You may be thankful for the delays - I'm in no hurry to have my device tanked by an update.
Sounds like it's time to call customer service to find out that status of your port.
Time ... it can take a few hours for the whole port process to complete. Try and be patient and try again in the morning.
You will find another thread on this board (Where is Smart Manager on S6?? Not pre-loaded) that discussed the same question. It's not loaded and not available
Porting may not have completed yet. Allow 24 hrs for all the changes to be processed.
JSS1 - where have you been? Check the MoreEverything plan where you can get 100GB, or 30GB, 40, 50, 60, 80...
Sounds like Samsung will SEND you a replacement door - free - so you will not be without your phone at all. Now this may also depend on how you approach Samsung. The $100 sounds like the deducti... See more...
Sounds like Samsung will SEND you a replacement door - free - so you will not be without your phone at all. Now this may also depend on how you approach Samsung. The $100 sounds like the deductible if you file a claim for replacement of the whole device through Asurion. You choose - free door from Samsung, refurbished insurance replacement with $100 deductible, or do nothing and complain about it.
you can dial #UPG (#874) - you will get a text message indicating what your upgrade date is. You can also call customer service 800-922-0204 and ask them.
check out CONTACT OPTIMIZER - I found it very useful in straightening out my contacts that ended up in various places (gmail, outlook, device).
Sounds like the OPs problem is the new line added with the new iphone now has the features that WERE on the other line, including the insurance. The line with the broken phone apparently does NOT... See more...
Sounds like the OPs problem is the new line added with the new iphone now has the features that WERE on the other line, including the insurance. The line with the broken phone apparently does NOT have insurance on it (due to the switch out) - so he is having a problem filing a claim when the system shows the line with the broken device does not CURRENTLY have insurance.
If the messages are iMessages, sent and received via Apple's servers, then YES you do need data enabled. If they are standard text (not group or picture) messages then no data req'd.
You can go to www.verizonwireless.com, log into your MyVerizon account to check what plan you on, or call customer care @ 800-922-0204 and ask.
If you are on the More Everything plan, internet sharing, aka mobile hotspot, is INCLUDED. If you are on the older Nationwide plan the Mobile Hotspot is an add'l feature - $25 for 2gb (I think)