Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,973 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Spanky's Posts

If you are having trouble sending and receiving messages, here are a few basic questions and answers to ask yourself: Can I send a txt to myself? (try it, it works)  --if you can do this, messag... See more...
If you are having trouble sending and receiving messages, here are a few basic questions and answers to ask yourself: Can I send a txt to myself? (try it, it works)  --if you can do this, messaging is not blocked Can I send a txt to another vzw customer? (come on, you know several)  Can I receive a txt from another vzw customer?  --this proves that the Switch and the SMSC are not blocking your ability to receive messages in general Can I send a txt to another carrier's customer?  Can I receive a txt from a customer of another carrier's customer?    The most important question:  Is it only 1 or 2 numbers that are giving me problems?  This essentially drives the point that it probably isn't service-related, rather product-limitation related.    The most common cause of this problem is ENHANCED MESSAGING. (EMS)  EMS messages Cannot be sent to or from other carriers.  Adding a signature to your messaging options, makes it EMS, adding Emoticons makes it EMS, and messages over 160 characters are always EMS.   From there, you can always check the individual blocks setup at vtext.com, but you would probably remember doing it, if you had.  
Chances are, you have added a signature to your messaging options... remove it.  Adding a signature means you are sending an Enhanced message, not a basic text.  Enhanced messages cannot be sent i... See more...
Chances are, you have added a signature to your messaging options... remove it.  Adding a signature means you are sending an Enhanced message, not a basic text.  Enhanced messages cannot be sent inter-carrier.
... or the more likely possibility that the "other person" is a customer of another carrier, and is sending Enhanced Messages; usually done by attaching a signature to their messages.  Have them c... See more...
... or the more likely possibility that the "other person" is a customer of another carrier, and is sending Enhanced Messages; usually done by attaching a signature to their messages.  Have them check to see if they have a signature attached... have them remove it.  Enhanced messages cannot be sent inter-carrier
The answer is simply "no."  Picture messages, even if you get lots of them, do not incur MB charges. However; if you are charged data per minute, (america's choice plans, and prior) you will be ... See more...
The answer is simply "no."  Picture messages, even if you get lots of them, do not incur MB charges. However; if you are charged data per minute, (america's choice plans, and prior) you will be charged for 1 minute of usage from your plan.
Backup assistant does not accrue MB charges... When you blocked applications from being downloaded, this does not block those that are already available from being used.   The BIG CULPRIT is V... See more...
Backup assistant does not accrue MB charges... When you blocked applications from being downloaded, this does not block those that are already available from being used.   The BIG CULPRIT is VZTones deluxe. (the kids... they love the ringtones) Get your hands on the phone, search the media center/ get-it-now menu for any application, and Remove it.  The other possible culprit is the canceling of subscription content from the Media Center... this can also incur MB data charges.  This does not apply to outright purchases, only the monthly-billed stuff
make sure those trying to send you messages are not attaching a signature, or any cutesy smily face things.  This would make the message an Enhanced Message, which cannot be sent inter-carrier
It is truly unnecessary to try to track someone down individually... Like most websites, the VZW site has a clever link at the top, labeled "contact us."  You will answer a small series of questio... See more...
It is truly unnecessary to try to track someone down individually... Like most websites, the VZW site has a clever link at the top, labeled "contact us."  You will answer a small series of questions in order to direct your inquiry to the right place.  Whomever receives the message will be happy to direct it to the appropriate manager.
you can always request from VZW to remove your online capability, and block registration... this will keep your wife from getting ahold of that stuff
you probably (possibly) added a signature to auto-pop on your messages.  this makes the message an Enhanced message, which can't be sent inter-carrier.  anything over 160 characters, or with cutes... See more...
you probably (possibly) added a signature to auto-pop on your messages.  this makes the message an Enhanced message, which can't be sent inter-carrier.  anything over 160 characters, or with cutesy smiley faces and stuff added, also becomes an enhanced message.  Simply remove the signature and you will be good-to-go
Your VCast package covers all of your data use, including the viewing of videos... fortunate that your phone has that capability; a lot of them don't. To further answer your question; Mobile web... See more...
Your VCast package covers all of your data use, including the viewing of videos... fortunate that your phone has that capability; a lot of them don't. To further answer your question; Mobile web browsing is just plain data, and with your VCast package, it is totally unlimited.  It is all considered the same thing, except for anything that involves a purchase price or subscription charge...
Whoa y'all... your expectation is a little shaky.  While I understand your anger, especially with the sheer volumes of purchases you have made, the assumption that this stuff should be replaced f... See more...
Whoa y'all... your expectation is a little shaky.  While I understand your anger, especially with the sheer volumes of purchases you have made, the assumption that this stuff should be replaced for free is a bit far-fetched. What you purchased was a specific piece of digital media, designed to be played on a specific device.  You didn't purchase a version for a different "media player."  Again, while I understand you have spent a lot of money on games, imagine it this way: If I have an X-box, and I own 20 games for it, which I have purchased over the years, I have about $1000.00 tied-up in games.  So, my X-box breaks, but I decide instead of getting another X-box, I will get a Playstation.  Now; they make a LOT of the same games for both game consoles, but having owned a game for an X-box, doesn't mean I automatically get the Playstation version for free... This is basically what you are thinking; Owning the game, designed for play on an ENv, doesn't mean that you own the same game for play on a Voyager, any more than owning Mortal Kombat for Playstation means you automatically own it for X-box, too.
On a cruise ship, (most of them have service at this point, but you may want to ask your travel agent) the International (out of port) rate for service is 2.49 per minute, so be reasonable; it's ... See more...
On a cruise ship, (most of them have service at this point, but you may want to ask your travel agent) the International (out of port) rate for service is 2.49 per minute, so be reasonable; it's supposed to be a vacation anyway, right?  Put the phone away and relax, enjoy the ride. While in Italy, it is a different story. If you travel overseas a lot, the Samsung Renown is the best Global capable phone that isn't a PDA-style device.  Otherwise the Saga and Storm are always cool choices. Lastly, VZW has a program where they can loan you a global-capable device for a short time... call them, you may be eligible to borrow their phone, and save that upgrade for what you REALLY want!!
Bear in mind that receiving the money back is contingent upon establishing a good payment history with VZW.  They are in no way required to return the funds to you after 12 months, if you haven't ... See more...
Bear in mind that receiving the money back is contingent upon establishing a good payment history with VZW.  They are in no way required to return the funds to you after 12 months, if you haven't proven that you deserve unsecured credit.  This means things like returned checks, stop payments, and past-due balances all play into the decision... The good news is that after 12 months, if your funds are not returned, they will begin to review your history every 90 days, in order to establish precedent to return your money.
You certainly should have been informed of the change in pricing, but there is a reason for the requirement.  The Voyager has an HTML web browser, (better-than-average for a phone) basically mean... See more...
You certainly should have been informed of the change in pricing, but there is a reason for the requirement.  The Voyager has an HTML web browser, (better-than-average for a phone) basically meaning that the device itself is really built for data services.  The new plan is actually a requirement of using that particular phone, due to it's advanced capabilities. (this still doesn't excuse the fact that you were not informed of the change in data service pricing) First off; you have the right to change back to your old plan within 30 days of the change, should you change your mind.  Granted, this means that the plan would again become incompatible with your Voyager.  A good Option is to upgrade to a "Connect Plan", which gives you UNLIMITED data services for a "nominal charge."  Ok, so that might mean an increase in your monthly cost, but bear in mind that you are NOT being billed per minute (no plan minutes) when you are using those services... This may not be a perfect fix for you, but it would mean that you were able to use all of those cool things that phone can do. Regarding your physical location; Chicago or not, you are obviously getting access to the data services, and you certainly seem to get a fair amount of use out of them.  If everything you are saying is accurate, the extra $100.00 on your bill would account for roughly 50MB of data usage, which isn't necessarily unheard of, by any stretch, but doesn't totally support the "podunk town" concept.  Regardless of where you live, you are billed the same way for data services, as everyone else.  The Connect plan, mentioned above would provide you access to these features, free of "surprises", and it becomes an unlimited browsing sitaution; meaning you could even use it a lot more than you are now... it even includes mobile email, if that interests you. Almost done... the per-megabyte charges are only assessed for Web Browsing, Email, and Application browsing/purchasing; which yes, does include the VZTones application for Ringtones/RBT.  When browsing (and downloading them) for full songs, using VCast Music, you are not incurring MB charges at all.  You can set up RBT on verizonwireless.com, even assign them to specific people, and never have to incur those charges.