Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,399 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Spanky's Posts

You don't have to believe me...   Backup assistant DOES incur MB charges for the initial download.  The daily updates (sync) do NOT. Simply having the application on your phone bills you nothi... See more...
You don't have to believe me...   Backup assistant DOES incur MB charges for the initial download.  The daily updates (sync) do NOT. Simply having the application on your phone bills you nothing, after the initial download. (assuming you are registered for MyVerizon, so that you don't have to pay the $1.99/month for the service itself)
On your bill, Premium SMS services will also show as "downloads."  Does it have a "short-code" beside it?  If it does; you can plug the code into Google and usually figure out what it is, otherw... See more...
On your bill, Premium SMS services will also show as "downloads."  Does it have a "short-code" beside it?  If it does; you can plug the code into Google and usually figure out what it is, otherwise VZW customer service CAN use that code to identify where the charge is coming from.
Good point with that part... I can see how an exception to that rule should be made for someone who "upgrades to the exact same model of phone."  I can't agree with you more, and I think if I wer... See more...
Good point with that part... I can see how an exception to that rule should be made for someone who "upgrades to the exact same model of phone."  I can't agree with you more, and I think if I were that customer, I would put a call in to CS to plead my case.  I will say however, that manufacturers often don't make a particular model long enough to make this a commonplace occurance; not to mention that to the VAST majority of customers, "upgrade" means just that, upgrading to "newer and better."   These not-so-common occurances are why customer service representatives exist.  There is an exception to every rule, and you nailed this one on the head!!  Hopefully, when this does happen, a CS representative would see why the policy should not apply to that customer, and make the exception.
again, i understand the frustration, but I stand behind the analogy... when a new phone is introduced, applications are re-released by their developer to accomodate the new device; and quite ofte... See more...
again, i understand the frustration, but I stand behind the analogy... when a new phone is introduced, applications are re-released by their developer to accomodate the new device; and quite often, older applications never get released for new devices.  Make no bones about it; software developers do not design games for "verizon phones", they design them specifically for the phone models that manufacturers produce.   What you have confused here is the concept that Verizon and At&T are software developers... they aren't.  VZW doesn't write game applications, they simply allow them to be marketed, to their customers, via a virtual download platform... You may be surprised to find out that Verizon Wireless does not even own that platform... it is owned by Qualcomm.  VZW just adds their brand to a product produced by Qualcomm and Many, many software developers.
Rather than attempting to assign Trusted Numbers: to the line, it may be more to your benefit to restrict based on Times of day, or possibly even choose specific numbers to disallow.   A lot of... See more...
Rather than attempting to assign Trusted Numbers: to the line, it may be more to your benefit to restrict based on Times of day, or possibly even choose specific numbers to disallow.   A lot of phones have a built-in capability to restrict calling to numbers that have been added to the contact list... this might also be a benefit.   In the grand scheme of things though, you are right... Usage Controls as a feature isn't really perfect yet.
Select plans include unlimited messaging... Sounds like you have a shared plan, so EVERY line that shares gets that benefit
Calling a Blackberry is like calling any other phone number, if it is out-of-network, you are using your plan minutes.   Messaging however can be different;  you CAN use your Blackberry PINs to... See more...
Calling a Blackberry is like calling any other phone number, if it is out-of-network, you are using your plan minutes.   Messaging however can be different;  you CAN use your Blackberry PINs to send and receive messages between users for free, regardless of your carrier
Any message you receive will apply toward your bundle, regardless of where it comes from.  (with the exception of blackberry users, sending PIN messages, but this doesn't really apply to your ques... See more...
Any message you receive will apply toward your bundle, regardless of where it comes from.  (with the exception of blackberry users, sending PIN messages, but this doesn't really apply to your question)
there really isn't a way to "limit" downloads, only block them. (which sounds like it might be a good idea)  VZW customer service can block any additional DLs from happening.   As a side note; ... See more...
there really isn't a way to "limit" downloads, only block them. (which sounds like it might be a good idea)  VZW customer service can block any additional DLs from happening.   As a side note; watch out for what she has already purchased, it can still be used.  As an example; if she has VZTones Deluxe loaded on her phone, she can still purchase ringtones after the block has been applied.  You may need to remove some existing apps from her phone
meaning if that code is showing up as the 3rd party billing on your invoice, then yes.  The definition states that it is a "premium location-based weather mapping and warning system"   Send a m... See more...
meaning if that code is showing up as the 3rd party billing on your invoice, then yes.  The definition states that it is a "premium location-based weather mapping and warning system"   Send a message that says "stop" to the same number to unsubscribe from the service... don't include anything else in the body of the message.
also... Weatherbug
What does it do?  3 things, and 3 things ONLY. 1) Programs your phone, including your MTN, MIN, and Home SID (represents where you live, and what your home switch is) 2) Downloads Preferred Roa... See more...
What does it do?  3 things, and 3 things ONLY. 1) Programs your phone, including your MTN, MIN, and Home SID (represents where you live, and what your home switch is) 2) Downloads Preferred Roaming List, so that your phone will automatically know what network to use when you are not using your home SID. 3) (newer option) you can change your own ESN... just call it from the phone you "want to use" and tell it your phone number... pretty slick!!   Things you should and should not do: You SHOULD; occasionally update your Preferred Roaming list, From your HOME AREA or another VZW coverage area You SHOULD NOT; dial *228 in an extended network area. (another carrier's towers)  It is totally unnecessary (and honestly a little dangerous) to do this when you reach your destination city. 
Generally, this is based on 2 factors, the first of which is owning a license to provide service in the area.  Currently, VZW does not have a license to operate there.  That isn't to say there wi... See more...
Generally, this is based on 2 factors, the first of which is owning a license to provide service in the area.  Currently, VZW does not have a license to operate there.  That isn't to say there will never be one available.  Looking at the map, it seems as though Del Rio is probably not a particularly well-populated area, with the exception of a military base nearby.  Simply put, I'm sure you have little competitive effort from wireless companies, as network infrastructure is an expensive investment.  If, for instance AT&T, Sprint, and VZW all operated in the area, there simply would not be enough customers between the 3 to support the expense involved.   Verizon Wireless does have a "contact us" link on their website... this is probably your best outlet to at least get someone to look into the possibility of moving into Del Rio.
If you google the short-code, you should be able to locate the 3rd party provider. As a Side-note...VZW restricts billing from any particular service to 100.00 per month
I guess I am confused, as this message represents your ability to post a message. Make sure you have chosen a category, but you should see the "new message" option in the upper-left
Have you noticed how some contributors are in such a race to gain status on the forum that they answer EVERY question, usually with information that is halfway-correct, at best? Can we possibly drop... See more...
Have you noticed how some contributors are in such a race to gain status on the forum that they answer EVERY question, usually with information that is halfway-correct, at best? Can we possibly drop our arrogance enough to concede that we don't know the answer to every question, and maybe leave it for someone who actually knows? The forum is for sharing information to HELP PEOPLE... there is NOTHING helpful about incorrect information!
Under "my profile" toward the bottom you will see something about CPNI opt-out
Just browsing through the forums, I see a lot of "solved" issues where the accepted solution is actually incorrect... Is there a process on this? 
as a last note, not only can vzw reps tell you where the charges are coming from, it can be verified whether or not it was initiated via text message or not. A lot of these services are initiate... See more...
as a last note, not only can vzw reps tell you where the charges are coming from, it can be verified whether or not it was initiated via text message or not. A lot of these services are initiated via a website. (stupid Facebook)  Watch anything online that pops up and wants you to enter your mobile # in order to verify results for something...  it happens all the time, one of the common ones is an IQ test
Sure... if you don't want to use the Rhapsody site and a data cable to move music, you will need a Memory card and a memory card reader/writer.  You can simply drag/drop songs into the my music f... See more...
Sure... if you don't want to use the Rhapsody site and a data cable to move music, you will need a Memory card and a memory card reader/writer.  You can simply drag/drop songs into the my music folder that will auto-format on the card.   put the card in the phone to format it remove the card plug into reader/writer (your computer may have one built in) drag and drop from Windows Media Player into the folder by Browsing My Computer or using Windows Explorer. (they do the same thing)