Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,691 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

TubaOrNotTuba's Posts

I have opened NUMEROUS tickets with Verizon support.  They either flat out LIE and tell me it's not a known issue (clearly it is given Verizon has responded here). They simply do NOT care.  Veriz... See more...
I have opened NUMEROUS tickets with Verizon support.  They either flat out LIE and tell me it's not a known issue (clearly it is given Verizon has responded here). They simply do NOT care.  Verizon is the biggest and acts like it.  They LIE to customers and tell them it's their devices and their devices need factory reset.  I've done this no less than FOUR times with my V20, I've tested no less than FIVE different Wear OS watches (Moto 360 Gen 1, Moto 360 Gen2, TWO TicWatch Pros, and a Fossil Sport).  Exactly NONE of them with get notifications from Verizon Messages. Now today Verizon issues an update for the toy made by Palm to fix notifications but they can't or won't fix Wear OS? Everyone should know this is an app written by a 3rd party that Verizon contracts with.  The lack of updates and lack of concern about other SERIOUS security and privacy issues should very much worry EVERY Verizon customer, but as long as this is forced on our phones we should expect a working product.  PERIOD. It's time for Verizon to stop lying to customers.  Admit they have a problem and FORCE their contractor to fix the app NOW.  No more updates for a product that will likely be discontinued in <1 year because exactly no one wants the Palm device. Verizon needs to fork out $250 for a TicWatch or a Fossil Sport and test it for themselves.  It takes all of a few minutes to prove it's their problem, the problem is they DO NOT CARE. E-mails to Messages support go unanswered and calls to tech support garner excuses and lies rather than solutions.  They all promise to call me back, exactly ZERO have.  That's unprofessional.  In the end, lying in the course of a business relationship is fraud. How much longer are Verizon customers going to be lied to?
I require a Network Extender to have Verizon service in and around my home.  I've been through multiple 3G extenders, two of the original 4G extenders, and now a 4G Extender 2.  While they've all... See more...
I require a Network Extender to have Verizon service in and around my home.  I've been through multiple 3G extenders, two of the original 4G extenders, and now a 4G Extender 2.  While they've all had their share of problems, the most annoying thing that's been standard across all of them is they will just reset their transmission power levels for no obvious reason.  The 3G you had to beg Verizon to up the power which they would begrudgingly do, but at least in the 4G ones we've had the ability to do it ourselves (like Verizon knows our homes/offices better than we do), but while I want mine at 100%, it's the ONLY way I get decent coverage in my home and on my back patio, I keep finding this 4G Extender 2 at 0%.  It happens sometimes when the unit is rebooted, but not every time, and other times it just seems to happen for no apparent reason - perhaps a firmware upgrade, but of course they never tell you when that's happening.  When it's at 0% it's horrible.  I'd rather not even have it on.  Calls are terrible and drop. Make no mistake, this is not only an inconvenience, it's also a SAFETY issue.  If one needed to call 911 or there's another emergency and the 4G Extender 2 is not reachable due to power levels calls may not go through.  Why is it that Samsung/Verizon cannot design a unit that retains user-defined settings across reboots/firmware upgrades?  The original 4G unit was notorious, anytime there was an upgrade it was reset to 20%, but at least 20% got me some coverage.  0% on this new one works when I'm about 5' from the unit and not anywhere else. I called support this morning and this guy starts ranting about why I should not be using an extender and that I should rely on WiFi calling and how great it works for him in his house.  It's so painful to hear clueless Verizon reps who have apparently been brainwashed by management to push WiFi calling over extenders (or so they don't have to explain why their actual network is so shoddy in so many parts of the country - Can you hear me now?), when in MANY homes and offices WiFi calling is just not an option.  For example, if you have more than 1 WiFi access point forget WiFi calling if you want to move around your home/office because WiFi does not hand-off like real cell towers do.  The extender also has more transmit/receive power than an 802.11x AP does due to Federal airwaves licensing.  I get fantastic coverage at 100% and I don't drop calls when I walk around my house.  If I do WiFi calling I get dropped the second my phone swaps APs. It's time for Verizon to stop trying to be IT consultants/engineers (that is, actually, what I do for a living) and just answer calls and speak to the issue at hand.  It's not their place to tell us how to use our devices.  It's their place to support the equipment they put their name on and nothing else. So, Verizon, when are you going to fix this?
@Verizon Wireless Customer Support In fact, on LG phones the updates do NOT give customers this right.  We get the option to install later but NOT download later.  That's the ENTIRE problem.
@bearone21 On an LG V20, there is NO setting that limits how Android OS updates are provided.  My Play Store settings are WiFi only.  Verizon has confirmed to me multiple times that this is NOT a... See more...
@bearone21 On an LG V20, there is NO setting that limits how Android OS updates are provided.  My Play Store settings are WiFi only.  Verizon has confirmed to me multiple times that this is NOT an option on an LG phone.  I also do automatically connect to WiFi networks, but when you're driving down the road there's no WiFi. @rcschnoor Just because Verizon puts that in the agreement does NOT make it right.  If they were so concerned about these security updates 1) they'd come out on time, not a month or more later, 2) they wouldn't modify the OS with all their junk so LG and others can push out Android updates faster rather than having to customize it for Verizon.  Anyway, it was forced over 4G because there was no WiFi at the time and the only way to stop it was to go to Airplane Mode.
So Verizon has decided, AGAIN, to FORCE a system update for LG V20 phones over the 4G network without giving customers the RIGHT to choose to only download over WiFi.  How does this not amount to... See more...
So Verizon has decided, AGAIN, to FORCE a system update for LG V20 phones over the 4G network without giving customers the RIGHT to choose to only download over WiFi.  How does this not amount to theft?  Neither my wife nor I gave you permission in January or today to download this update over 4G (or even my WiFi that I might need for other things during work hours).  How does that not meet the legal definition of theft??? "theft n. the generic term for all crimes in which a person intentionally and fraudulently takes personal property of another without permission or consent and with the intent to convert it to the taker's use (including potential sale). " Not only does this take, without permission, data from customers' accounts, it also KILLS the battery.  The January 2017 update was over 500MB (and we have 2 LG V20s in our house) and this one is 763MB (x2 = over 1.5GB of stolen data for a family with 2 of these if they're not SUPER careful). Calls to Verizon support basically got me the, "Just go away, we don't care." or "Suck it up, it's just $" attitude.  They did finally add 1GB back to our account in January, but when it also sucked the battery from almost full to less than 50% downloading it they can't give that back to me. Verizon, there is NO REASON AT ALL to force this over 4G.  We, your paying customers, you know the ones who ensure you get a paycheck on a regular basis, DEMAND you give us the RIGHT to pick and choose when we download these massive updates -OR- these updates MUST BE DATA FREE.  No, this is NOT LG's problem.  Stop blaming this on LG.  These updates are coming from you, after you approve them.  It's time for customers to DEMAND changes at Verizon. Legal Dictionary | Law.com
OK folks.  I've been one of the biggest detractors for Verizon Messages 6.4.x, until now. Here are the solutions that I've found work to make 6.4.11 (the current version as of this writing) as re... See more...
OK folks.  I've been one of the biggest detractors for Verizon Messages 6.4.x, until now. Here are the solutions that I've found work to make 6.4.11 (the current version as of this writing) as reliable as 6.3.x was: 1) Chat is blazing fast, but for your own privacy and protection make sure you've chosen to NOT create a public profile that includes your name alongside your phone number.  If you do this anyone with Verizon Messages can put your number in and find your name and it probably wouldn't be too hard to script the harvesting of lots of names/numbers.  Once you do this, the Chat protocol, while still undocumented on encryption methods, is blazing freakin' fast.  Far and away faster than SMS/MMS.  It's iMessage for Android! 2) 6.4.x has a nasty tendency to crash on loading, the dreaded "Unfortunately, Message+ has stopped" message and/or just freezing when you ry to launch it.  In another post, someone suggested uninstalling back to the factory image and then reinstalling the updated version solves it.  I'm happy to report it absolutely seems to!  You will need to reset any preferences you've changed from defaults, but you shouldn't lose any of your messages. 3) Lots of us were reporting massive delays in Androidwear notifications, from 30 minutes to hours.  About an hour ago I factory reset my Moto360 Gen 2 smartwatch and allowed Androidwear to resync all my apps to my freshly re-paired watch and low-and-behold notifications are now instant!  Remember, you'll have to reset any preferences you had on your smartwach too, but there are far fewer of those than if you had to factory reset your actual phone and to get instant notifications back it's well worth the time and effort. While these seem to be a pain for the end user, and while they also shouldn't be necessary, once you do these I hope you'll find Messages is back to the stable and reliable version it was prior to 6.4.1. Happy messaging everyone!
gersong_vzw​, your solution does not fix this.  The solution is to remove and reinstall Verizon Messages.  I did this yesterday and now all my crashing and hanging issues on my LG V20 have disapp... See more...
gersong_vzw​, your solution does not fix this.  The solution is to remove and reinstall Verizon Messages.  I did this yesterday and now all my crashing and hanging issues on my LG V20 have disappeared.  You do have to resetup your preferences so know what they are if you're not sure, but it doesn't remove any texts and problem solved. If, btw, anyone is experiencing smartwatch delays, unpair/factory reset your watch and let it all resync and those problems go away too.
The solution is to remove and reinstall Verizon Messages.  I did this yesterday and now all my crashing and hanging issues on my LG V20 have disappeared.  You do have to resetup your preferences ... See more...
The solution is to remove and reinstall Verizon Messages.  I did this yesterday and now all my crashing and hanging issues on my LG V20 have disappeared.  You do have to resetup your preferences so know what they are if you're not sure, but it doesn't remove any texts and problem solved. If, btw, anyone is experiencing smartwatch delays, unpair/factory reset your watch and let it all resync and those problems go away too.
Hey everyone I have a solution!  I know it's a bit of a pain, but it's not too bad, if you'll factory reset your smartwatch and let Verizon Messages install itself on the newly reset watch messag... See more...
Hey everyone I have a solution!  I know it's a bit of a pain, but it's not too bad, if you'll factory reset your smartwatch and let Verizon Messages install itself on the newly reset watch message notifications are INSTANT! Man, I'm so excited.  Messages is such a terrific app with its ability to use the web to send/receive messages or the desktop app, to have this as the limiting factor was really troublesome.  I'm so happy I found a solution.  Hopefully that works for everyone else here and that helps Verizon's programmers figure out what was wrong and work to a solution so people don't have to reset their smartwatches in the future.
There's another reason to use Verizon Messages.  You can send/receive messages on multiple devices, including a computer and those messages sync between devices.  It's literally the ONLY reason I... See more...
There's another reason to use Verizon Messages.  You can send/receive messages on multiple devices, including a computer and those messages sync between devices.  It's literally the ONLY reason I tolerate the mess that is 6.4.x.  I have actually considering porting my # to Google Voice and getting a new Verizon # to solve this.  GV is 1,000x better now than Messages and actually works 100% of the time.  I should NOT have to go through the porting/new number hassles to just get this to work.
verizonmoderator2​ Are any Verizon employees around to comment or are we just left to our own here?
4.6.10 still did NOT fix this.  The absolute LACK of communication from Verizon employees here or ANYWHERE else is deafening.  Pretty much shows Verizon's commitment to its customers.
With the introduction of 4.6.4 or .5 Message+ started taking 20 minutes to TWO hours to send notices to smartwatches and often it sends notifications that are already marked as read.  I have writ... See more...
With the introduction of 4.6.4 or .5 Message+ started taking 20 minutes to TWO hours to send notices to smartwatches and often it sends notifications that are already marked as read.  I have written assurances that 4.6.8 would fix this and guess what???? Nope, didn't.  4.6.9 just shipped and guess what???? Nope, didn't.  Does anyone at Verizon actually test anything? Moto 360 Gen 2, fully updated, unmodified OS) LG V20 (Verizon, unmodified OS) Let's stop with the excuses Verizon and find solutions.
Well, despite assurances from Verizon Message+ support, I'd quote the e-mail but the censors here would delete my message, we're now up to 4.6.9 and notifications to smartwatches still DO NOT HAP... See more...
Well, despite assurances from Verizon Message+ support, I'd quote the e-mail but the censors here would delete my message, we're now up to 4.6.9 and notifications to smartwatches still DO NOT HAPPEN in a timely fashion.  They're 30 minutes to two hours late.  Furthermore, we're still FORCED to try to setup calling from smartwatches that DO NOT HAVE a speaker.  Come on Verizon, how much longer do we have to put up with your excuses, buggy code, and clearly poorly designed app when it WORKED PERFECTLY until February 1st?????
Has anyone noticed that Verizon Customer Support chimed in 15 days ago and NOTHING since?  Maybe we need to violate their ToS so they actually get a look at the thread again.  That seems to be th... See more...
Has anyone noticed that Verizon Customer Support chimed in 15 days ago and NOTHING since?  Maybe we need to violate their ToS so they actually get a look at the thread again.  That seems to be the only way to get their attention.
LG V20 Moto360 Gen 2 Well I spoke too soon.  By 6.4.5 and now with 6.4.6 smartphone connectivity is BROKEN beyond usability. Messages from EVERY OTHER app - native e-mail, Outlook, Facebook, ... See more...
LG V20 Moto360 Gen 2 Well I spoke too soon.  By 6.4.5 and now with 6.4.6 smartphone connectivity is BROKEN beyond usability. Messages from EVERY OTHER app - native e-mail, Outlook, Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, Hangouts, Calendar, calls, alarms, Google Voice, Twitter, pretty much EVERY other app I get notifications on my watch from work perfectly, ALL BUT Message+. Come on Verizon, is no testing actually done before you release a version?  Please keep in mind those of us with smartwatches tend to be the more technically savvy users and we're not going to tolerate mediocre code without a backlash.
I had the same problem too.  The only solution I found was to check the "Enable Popup" option.  While I was excited to see the Heads up Notification option, if you enable that you get no notices ... See more...
I had the same problem too.  The only solution I found was to check the "Enable Popup" option.  While I was excited to see the Heads up Notification option, if you enable that you get no notices on your smartwatch.  This is just yet another example of clueless programmers at Verizon's 3rd party contractor (Verizon doesn't actually write this software so they really have no control over it) not having the equipment or wherewithal to actually test what they write. BTW, be careful using the four letter "R" word here.  Despite the bloatware that exactly zero Verizon customers want, the "R" word is definitely a four letter word here.  If Verizon doesn't like it perhaps they should fill OUR phones that we PAY FULL PRICE for with their unwanted bloatware.  If they actually believed we wanted their junk, like VZNavigator (who's dumb enough to pay for navigation in the day of Google Maps and Waze????), they'd let us uninstall it and those who wanted it would keep it. Eventually, the Samsung's, LG's, HTC's, etc... of the world will stand up to Verizon (and the other carriers) and tell them "We're not installing any more junk on our phones.  Take them our way or see if you can make it selling only iPhones."  Verizon and the others would back down so fast it'd make everyone's heads spin!
So we're clear, this did NOT exist until 6.4.5 that was released essentially TWO FULL WEEKS after 6.4.1 and does not appear to disable the public profile.  If you make the HUGE mistake of enterin... See more...
So we're clear, this did NOT exist until 6.4.5 that was released essentially TWO FULL WEEKS after 6.4.1 and does not appear to disable the public profile.  If you make the HUGE mistake of entering your information in the public profile your information will still be visible to ANY Message+ user, including anyone using it for nefarious purposes. That Verizon has still yet to document anything about the app, how it's chat feature works or encrypts (or doesn't encrypt) communications should suggest to everyone that you think long and hard before using it.
That's not entirely true.  You can use any SMS app you want, including the manufacturer's app.  Whispersystem's Signal is great.  Hangouts, Facebook Messenger, and a plethora of other SMS/MMS app... See more...
That's not entirely true.  You can use any SMS app you want, including the manufacturer's app.  Whispersystem's Signal is great.  Hangouts, Facebook Messenger, and a plethora of other SMS/MMS apps exist.  That said, you shouldn't have to do that, Verizon needs to step up and fix their junk rather than continue to push broken, poorly designed, and with a MAJOR privacy vulnerability on customers.
Nope.  I've told it "Deny and don't ask again" and yet every time the app opens I get this: There's no way to dismiss it.  I've uninstalled back to the factory version (again, you cannot remov... See more...
Nope.  I've told it "Deny and don't ask again" and yet every time the app opens I get this: There's no way to dismiss it.  I've uninstalled back to the factory version (again, you cannot remove Message+ from a Verizon Android (non-Pixel) phone) which removes the new version from the watch and yet the second the new version, 6.4.4, is reinstalled this comes back.  I reset it to "Deny and don't ask again" and this screen still comes up.  Sure looks like Verizon is ignoring permissions anyway.  Maybe the app should be reported to Google.  Any app that attempts to circumvent Android permissions will be removed from the Play Store.  That'd stop the shenanigans with 6.4.x quickly wouldn't it?!