@StevieD2 wrote: @gddeals wrote: disable call filter and see if stays off. Thanks, but didn't work. I have absoulutely detremined that it is Messages + that kepps the 4G lit...no other ap... Ver más...
@StevieD2 wrote: @gddeals wrote: disable call filter and see if stays off. Thanks, but didn't work. I have absoulutely detremined that it is Messages + that kepps the 4G lit...no other app. call filter is the issue on my phone, with it enabled the 4g is lit constantly, disable it and 4g is off.
i have the same issue here.
disable call filter and see if stays off.
yep, and battery life went down too. its probably because they want you to buy the new s10.
because mobile services manager already downloaded the apps to your phone. you need to disable it and then remove the apps it installed to stop the popups. if you dont disable mobile services ma... Ver más...
because mobile services manager already downloaded the apps to your phone. you need to disable it and then remove the apps it installed to stop the popups. if you dont disable mobile services manager it will keep downloading apps in the background and popups will come back.
disable the verizon crapware system app called "Mobile services manager". it is the DTignite app renamed, verizon thought we wouldn't notice. it installs apps without your permission.
me too. xda.
you should do a factory reset after operating system upgrades, it eliminates 99% of the problems.
same here, no longer getting alerts. its dangerous and verizon seems to not care, they just keep blaming fema. fema did not sell me this phone.
this is definitely a verizon s7 problem, when everyone in the room gets alerts except you, and yes i have them all turned on. they used to work but an update broke it somewhere along the way.
same here, there are multiple threads about this. i would think verizon would put more of a priority on this fix since it could it could be dangerous and they would be liable since we count on ge... Ver más...
same here, there are multiple threads about this. i would think verizon would put more of a priority on this fix since it could it could be dangerous and they would be liable since we count on getting alerts.
same here, not getting alerts. all are enabled. i do remember getting them in the past so i'm guessing one of the recent updates broke it.
same thing happening to me, everyone around me got an amber alert, i got nothing.
this problem has been identified as a problem with samsung pay's favorite cards feature and fixed by a samsung pay update. verizon support can stop giving useless troubleshooting advice now.
@EricaC_VZW , how about telling us how to fix the problem that this thread is actually about? the one where when you try to listen to your voicemail, the screen goes black like it should and the... Ver más...
@EricaC_VZW , how about telling us how to fix the problem that this thread is actually about? the one where when you try to listen to your voicemail, the screen goes black like it should and the voicemail starts, but then the screen comes back on again for a second and it pauses the voicemail. the only way to play the whole thing is to put it on speaker.
clearing voicemail app data and wiping cache partition did not fix it for me. S7.
yes , but in this case it also pauses the voicemail. you simply cannot listen to the voicemail if you hold it to your ear. its broke.
you were expecting something different? are you new to verizon?