Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,113 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Dacarm51's Posts

I had the exact experience at a store in Omaha near 144th and Maple ST... On Saturday (10-4-2014) my wife and I went into the store and was told it would be a 15 minute wait... 45 minutes later w... See more...
I had the exact experience at a store in Omaha near 144th and Maple ST... On Saturday (10-4-2014) my wife and I went into the store and was told it would be a 15 minute wait... 45 minutes later we finally had a clerk assigned to help us..... Shawn was his name and we just wanted a new phone for my wife and to get her onto my plan... Shawn was helpful with that, but then started badgering us about taking the "FREE" Pad... It wouldn't cost us anything?!?  (I should have remembered nothing in life is free.) When we where closing on the phone.... Shawn had been talking more about the "PAD" then the new phone my wife was getting....He's final sales pitch was to take the pad home for the weekend and try it out... If we didn't want it to return it within 14 days and their's no re-stocking fees...I even asked about the re-stocking fee reference the "FREE TRIAL".... Shawn's answer "Oh no, that doesn't count if it's returned in 14 days!" Also, if you like the Pad, just keep it and only pay the $10 data feed.... My wife is a Honors AP Physics and AP Anatomy teacher, I was in law enforcement for 28 years and now own my own successful business... I think we're both very well educated and are excellent listeners...  But when I tried to return the "Pad", the manager makes out like I am one dumb hick and her sales person was very clear on how everything worked... He kept saying, try it for free for 14 day and then return it within those 14 days with NO re-stock fees...If we returned it after the 14 days, then the re-stock fee would apply... You don't have nothing to loss? HA! I took it just to shut him up... I tried returning the PAD  this afternoon (10-06-2014)... I was told that it would be a $70  re-stocking fee since the box was open... OMG "Shawn" had open the box and we hadn't even taken it out of the box!!! When I told the store manager that I had been lied to by her salesman... She told me none of her sales people ever lie! (She just lied to me! "None of her sales people ever lie?") Who does she think she's kidding? After gripping enough... I'm not being charged for the data feed because I have over 45000 of their promotional points and they'll use those points to take care of the data costs... But I'll remember how I was lied to by "Shawn" and patronized by the store manager!!! I'll normally spend approx. $250 to $270 a month on cell phones and data streams... (It's for my small business.) But now I'll do one of two things... Go find another carrier that'll buy out my contract or wait 2 years and tell Verizon to pack sand... Also, anybody else notice how difficult it is to complain to Verizon Wireless about the business practices?