Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,520 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

jyc23's Posts

Back on September 12, 2014, I pre-ordered an iPhone 6 and also signed up to do the trade-in promotion which offered a $200 promotional trade-in value for my iPhone 4s. My 4s was in good working c... See more...
Back on September 12, 2014, I pre-ordered an iPhone 6 and also signed up to do the trade-in promotion which offered a $200 promotional trade-in value for my iPhone 4s. My 4s was in good working condition -- turned on and off, screen working, no visible corrosion, no big damage, etc. Trade-in website gave an appraisal for $200. After I got my iPhone 6 on September 19, I removed all of my info from my iPhone 4s, reset it to factory, then shut it off, put it in the green bag / trade-in envelope, dropped it in the mail, and waited for my gift card. Last night, October 7, 2014, I get an email from Verizon saying that my gift card was ready. It was for a total amount of ... $36. I was curious why, so went to the trade-in site to check my submission status, and it said: Reason for adjustment: "Device does not power on". Bullsh*t. As my usage logs from my Verizon Wireless bills prove, I was using that very same iPhone 4s to make and receive calls, send and receive data, etc., right up until the time I shut it down to be mailed to Verizon for trade-in. So, Verizon Wireless, where's the $164 that you owe me? If I had know Verizon was going to do this, I would have just sold my phone on eBay. In any case, I'll be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, as well as the Federal Trade Commission. I'm also getting read to transfer me and my other three family members to another other wireless carrier which has kindly offered to pay our ETFs. I enjoyed being a Verizon Wireless customer right up until this incident with the iPhone 6 trade in. Sigh.