Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,619 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

MadScientist42's Posts

As to when I started having the problems...immediately.  Thought it was power rails like I thought.  But it's not and it's beginning to annoy me.
I'm not one of the original parties to this conversation, but I, too, seem to have semi-random lock-ups of my U620L. Doesn't matter if I'm attached to my laptop (though it seems that it holds ... See more...
I'm not one of the original parties to this conversation, but I, too, seem to have semi-random lock-ups of my U620L. Doesn't matter if I'm attached to my laptop (though it seems that it holds up better) or to the current travel router I'm using in a Road Warrior configuration.  Originally, I thought maybe a brownout on the USB rails- but that's not the case.  Measured voltages are within USB specifications and above 5v slightly (Instead of low).  Getting hard-hangs with the device that require being powered off and back on again (basically the same story as the Pepwave reset of the device as described in the original post). All in all, I have a sinking feeling that the devices are dodgy or the SIM is.  Couldn't tell you which.  As it stands, I'd been using hotel internet recently (which kind of defeats the purpose of the device and my 80+ GB pre-pay on the account...) and had that go down which prompted me to try, yet again, with the device, with the predictable result of it going down more often than a wh*re on Harry Hines Blvd in Dallas.whe I'd like to know what's going on.  That way I can order one from you lot instead of the third party supplier and at least get stable.  The device itself when it works is like a dream and is the best one you've contracted out to suppliers for yet.  But...if it's not able to stay up...well?  It's worse than the original LTE unit from rollout that I finally replaced this year which was an odd beast in and of itself, really.
Unsurprising.  They're Control Freaks.  What gets me is that you can put a Rooted device in through tethering at the same effective level as the phone would be.  If you've got a USB dongle, you c... See more...
Unsurprising.  They're Control Freaks.  What gets me is that you can put a Rooted device in through tethering at the same effective level as the phone would be.  If you've got a USB dongle, you can even remove any control past their LTE controls they are justified in having.  There's absolutely *NO* reasons for it past what you've said there. If I could get comparable coverage and access to data elsewhere, I'd have LEFT years ago.  (I am one of their "power users"- 80Gb allocation and I use it.  Business use.)