Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,571 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Montanaann's Posts

Still happening in November 2023
I am getting voicemails days late.
I did this and it shows that 10% of my usage was gaming which I do NOT do. Calls into question the whole tracking process and the validity of how much data we are charged for.
The analysis shows that 10% of my data usage is for gaming which I have not and do not do.
Another familiar story that parallels my own. I wrote to the FCC and, as a result, did get a call from the Verizon Executive office saying they would call me again when they. Knew more. That was ... See more...
Another familiar story that parallels my own. I wrote to the FCC and, as a result, did get a call from the Verizon Executive office saying they would call me again when they. Knew more. That was last week....
It would seem that if Windows 10 suddenly opened on their PC or laptop, a person would notice...
They tried to push it to me unsolicited too; fortunately, it failed.
Maybe this is what Verizon is doing... Trying to get out of the internet provider service.
Go to fcc.gov website and select Consumer Complaints
I can tell you from experience, it is not Facebook or a password violation. It is either a software problem with the Jetpack (as I was told by a VZN rep) or a revenue-enhancement ploy Verizon us... See more...
I can tell you from experience, it is not Facebook or a password violation. It is either a software problem with the Jetpack (as I was told by a VZN rep) or a revenue-enhancement ploy Verizon uses to milk their customers when they need or want to inflate their accounts receivable. I recommend filing a complaint with your state attorney general and the FCC. Neither one is difficult and can be done online. That way you are part of a crowd instead of just one person and an investigation can be launched.
I was told that, due to privacy rules, Verizon can't tell us that detail. It has to be kept secret... Even from us!
You are absolutely right; they have an issue and they know it. Consider the huge bump in revenue this is giving them!
This does not apply
I did not download Windows 10.
I have a PC, an IPad and two smart phones. I do not connect the phones to wifi and only occasionally the iPad. The data overage comes through the Jetpack and I do not stream anything or watch mov... See more...
I have a PC, an IPad and two smart phones. I do not connect the phones to wifi and only occasionally the iPad. The data overage comes through the Jetpack and I do not stream anything or watch movies. This last time, the data overage showed up on a Monday morning and then another big blip on Tues around noon. I was not doing anything unusual and there were no software downloads occurring. Of particular note, when I called customer service, the answer was to reboot the Jetpack and upgrade my plan; a monthly insurance fee was also pitched to me. Had I taken these 'solutions', it would have cost me another $156/year. Being on a fixed income, I can't afford this.
You can file a complaint with the FCC.  It is very easy and quick. This way there is a solid database of users who have this same issue and someone to research it.
Same thing happened to me this week. On Monday the Jetpack showed what is historically a month's worth of data usage in one morning and my computer was not even on!
My profile and set up is very similar to yours. This is the same BS they used before.  I had the same problem last year at this time and then again this week. On Monday am when my computer was of... See more...
My profile and set up is very similar to yours. This is the same BS they used before.  I had the same problem last year at this time and then again this week. On Monday am when my computer was off, the Jetpack scrolled through a month's data. I called Verizon Customer Service and she was very nice but obviously trying to pad my bill.  She did state that the Jetpack had software problems... and offered a new plan for only another $10/mo and 4 more GB.  I don't use that much data and don't want to increase my yearly tab by $120 though I did accept it for this month as, while we were talking, VZN texted that I had used 90% of my allowance with 18 days left. Then, lo and behold, she pointed out that the warranty for the Jetpack is up in 2 days!! Did I want to upgrade or add insurance for just $3/mo. Another $36/yr. This is scamming as far as I can see and I will take it to my state's consumer protection office as should you. Or consider going with another carrier if this is how they treat their customers; the competition is improving all the time.
The tech told me that, even if the unit is powered off, it must also be unplugged or there may be data flowing.  Ridiculous!
This appears to be a nationwide overbilling issue.  The more I research it, the clearer it becomes that consumers need a provider who can verify that we get what we pay for. Right now, VZW has fr... See more...
This appears to be a nationwide overbilling issue.  The more I research it, the clearer it becomes that consumers need a provider who can verify that we get what we pay for. Right now, VZW has free rein to charge us what suits their current revenue needs.