Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,194 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Cody21's Posts

I have a MAXX, not HD ... so not sure what you mean by "big green light" or "small LED" ...   Mine only has 1 LED  - it is on the upper left corner and is the "Notification" LED that is used by a... See more...
I have a MAXX, not HD ... so not sure what you mean by "big green light" or "small LED" ...   Mine only has 1 LED  - it is on the upper left corner and is the "Notification" LED that is used by all APPS (email, text, et al) .. sorry .. maybe someone else with an HD can jump in here.
Did you check your Account's Configuration setting to make sure the notification is activated? Is this AFTER the JB update or what's the history of your phone? new phone? used to work and now doe... See more...
Did you check your Account's Configuration setting to make sure the notification is activated? Is this AFTER the JB update or what's the history of your phone? new phone? used to work and now doesn't ?  Which Email APP are you using?
Well, more detail on your issue would be helpful for us to help you ..  Have you tried Deleting the email Account from whatever email APP you are using and re-adding it? I assume you've verified ... See more...
Well, more detail on your issue would be helpful for us to help you ..  Have you tried Deleting the email Account from whatever email APP you are using and re-adding it? I assume you've verified your account settings already to make sure Polling is taking place as expected? which email APP are you using?
I don't have that widget installed - but just a thought: Do you have your Current Location set correctly? or are you allowing the widget to determine your "location" ? if you're letting it figure... See more...
I don't have that widget installed - but just a thought: Do you have your Current Location set correctly? or are you allowing the widget to determine your "location" ? if you're letting it figure your location, that could be the issue if you don't have GPS turned on ... just a thought but that has been the problem in other apps/widgets as well ...  Maybe got into your Settings and confirm it is properly set ??
hmm .. I'll take another look  ... thanks for clarifying Tikibar1
Yea, I just tried that DIRECT DIAL widget ... don't like it - there's no way to preset FAVS in the widget ... it just grabs you're recently use (most used?) numbers from RECENT ...  I'll take a l... See more...
Yea, I just tried that DIRECT DIAL widget ... don't like it - there's no way to preset FAVS in the widget ... it just grabs you're recently use (most used?) numbers from RECENT ...  I'll take a look at the other one (FAV CONTACTS).
Others have noted a decent replacement APP :  Direct Dial, but put them all in one folder to not clutter your screen. 2 taps and call is made. Same number of taps as Speed Dial was.Seems to Work ... See more...
Others have noted a decent replacement APP :  Direct Dial, but put them all in one folder to not clutter your screen. 2 taps and call is made. Same number of taps as Speed Dial was.Seems to Work great.  Good luck.
Nope ..  every change comes with its, well changes ... the update works well, although yes, a few things have changed or were eliminated.  YMMV
You say that you don't have the charger that came with the phone ??  That could certainly be the problem. Take it to a VERIZON store and see if THEY have the charger that is designed for the phon... See more...
You say that you don't have the charger that came with the phone ??  That could certainly be the problem. Take it to a VERIZON store and see if THEY have the charger that is designed for the phone .. see if THAT works first ...  If so, buy the right one. If not at least you'll be in the store for them to DX the proiblem ... as elector pointed out, might actually be the battery.  But if only 4 months old,  I doubt it. but hey, anything's possible.  (Mine is 14 months old .. charging just fine dso far .. knock on wood.)
B33 beat me to it ..  🙂
Well, you COULD just try a Factory Reset - putting the phone back to square 1 (ICS) and then allow it to try again. I'm not sure if you do a FR if it will go directly to JB .. sorry ... haven't t... See more...
Well, you COULD just try a Factory Reset - putting the phone back to square 1 (ICS) and then allow it to try again. I'm not sure if you do a FR if it will go directly to JB .. sorry ... haven't tried that. Mine went just fine from ICS to JB w/o any need to FR.  If you decide on the FR approach, make sure you back up cristical files/images just to be on the safe side.  (There is an option during the FR to NOT wipe your external card, which is what I'd do if you try this. Good luck.) Oh, and of course any and all APPS will liklely have to have their settings re-initialized when you're done.
Well honestly, it is what it is ..  Along with some other things this was changed (permanently) with JB ... you'll have to get used to it, sorry.  or seek out a 3rd party DIALER App (if one exist... See more...
Well honestly, it is what it is ..  Along with some other things this was changed (permanently) with JB ... you'll have to get used to it, sorry.  or seek out a 3rd party DIALER App (if one exists).
There is a FREE app that works great :   https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kii.safe&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd
I can only speak of Italy. I was just there last May ..  The only way I was able to use my Razr was at WiFi hotspots ...  But that was OK, and in fact much cheaper than paying extortion fees char... See more...
I can only speak of Italy. I was just there last May ..  The only way I was able to use my Razr was at WiFi hotspots ...  But that was OK, and in fact much cheaper than paying extortion fees charged for roaming, even if I could. (If you look at the VZN web site, you can see those charges - very very expensive, IMHO). WiFi hoptspots were everywhere in Italy. Every hotel we stayed in had free WiFi - you just needed the password. Using WiFi will get you email & non-SMS texting (e.g., WhatsApp, etc). You MAY even be able to do phone calls using the new FaceBook Phone feature ...  (or some other App). I know of others that just rent a phone over there for the time in the country ..  something like a pre-paid plan for $30-50 or something as I recall.  I guess the main issue with the RAZR is that it is not GSM compatible and you can't simply swap out the SIM card to make it work. (unless someting has changed)  Maybe do a search here for your question - there are probably several posts on the topic.  Have a great trip.
Very strange ... well, as a last resort you may want to remove the Yahoo account altogether, delete the APP, and reinstall and reconfigure it ??   sorry ...
Well, your phone has it's own local storage (now?) ...  So when your phone "syncs" up or downloads your email at any given moment, it's on the Phone's storage ...  So even if you read it & delete... See more...
Well, your phone has it's own local storage (now?) ...  So when your phone "syncs" up or downloads your email at any given moment, it's on the Phone's storage ...  So even if you read it & delete it on your PC has no effect on the phone.  Not sure how it worked with the Vortex ... maybe it was an "always online" email app & the msgs weren't stored on the phone ??
Just an idea - do you have the Settings on your PC set to "Delete From Server" when they're delivered to your PC ???  Or are you suggesting that your using YAHOO online? (e.g., not Outlook or som... See more...
Just an idea - do you have the Settings on your PC set to "Delete From Server" when they're delivered to your PC ???  Or are you suggesting that your using YAHOO online? (e.g., not Outlook or some other email software).
There was not an "official" roll out of JB on 12/24 ..  Apparently is was a mistake, somehow, by someone ... It was almost immediately stopped - albeit some did in fact receive it.  The actual sc... See more...
There was not an "official" roll out of JB on 12/24 ..  Apparently is was a mistake, somehow, by someone ... It was almost immediately stopped - albeit some did in fact receive it.  The actual schedule that was previously documented on the Moto sites was that JB would likely roll out 1Q13  ...  And as far as JB is concerned, those that DID receive it are stating that there really is not that much new beyond what we already have in ICS. Some screen to screen speed improvements, but really not many new features that make the device much different than it already is.  So hang in there, patience, you'll get it when it rolls.
What server?  Can you be a bit more specific? What are you trying to do? What specific Error messages are you getting?
Do you have a GLOBAL phone? Which Razr do you have? And if you don't, does Mexico support non-global phones to begin with. e.g., we were in Italy a few months ago -- my Razr Max was unable to com... See more...
Do you have a GLOBAL phone? Which Razr do you have? And if you don't, does Mexico support non-global phones to begin with. e.g., we were in Italy a few months ago -- my Razr Max was unable to communicate except for WiFi only. There was no SIM available for me to swap to Global.  (which actually was a GOOD thing - because global plans are very very expensive!) Anyway, after you turn on your data just to be able to TEXT, it's ON - so anything 'pending' will likely generate a notification, or auto-download, like you feared. But even if you were somehow able to ignore until later the download notifications, TEXTING will likely be very expensive. You can check the Verizon site for charges while roaming internationally..   when we went to Italy, it was like $3.95 PER MINUTE !  They also offer base plans for a specific amount of data for a flat rate ... Last time I looked it was like $20 for a very small amount of data and went up from there.  Again, it's on the Verizon site.  Good luck ... Have fun in Mexico !