Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,377 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

tmc75's Posts

Thanks for the battery info. I will hold on to this phone as long as I can closer to the end of 2019.  I assume that Verizon would reach out to me (and anyone) who still has an older model ph... See more...
Thanks for the battery info. I will hold on to this phone as long as I can closer to the end of 2019.  I assume that Verizon would reach out to me (and anyone) who still has an older model phone.
I was thinking of buying a replacement battery for my Samsung Galaxy S4. Has anyone ever bought a replacement/backup battery?  If so, where is the best place to get one that will be worth it?
Thanks for the links to the info, but they do not specifically answer my listed questions.
I want to install a 64gb memory card in my Samsung S4, because I have been getting occasional messages that the device storage is full.  I have the following questions and concerns: Is it easy... See more...
I want to install a 64gb memory card in my Samsung S4, because I have been getting occasional messages that the device storage is full.  I have the following questions and concerns: Is it easy to install the card? Do I install it with the phone or completely turned off?  I've read that pics, videos and music can be saved to the card.  Can any apps be stored on it also?  If so, how will I know and how do I do that? How do I transfer items currently on my phone to the card? Will the pics I store on the card also be stored to my Google cloud? When I switch to save all pics on the card, will that also save the previous pics I've taken (say from last year, etc.) or only starts saving from the date I insert the card? I know these are a lot of questions, but I just don't want to break or delete something.  Thanks for any and all help!
I've tried to clear storage on my phone by going to "settings", "more", "storage".  There is a colored bar that shows the amount of space taken by such things as apps, pictures, etc. The most spa... See more...
I've tried to clear storage on my phone by going to "settings", "more", "storage".  There is a colored bar that shows the amount of space taken by such things as apps, pictures, etc. The most space seems to be taken from Miscellaneous Files. I then click that in the list and select all to delete them.  However, the system memory is still there taking up  6.26gb.  I also clear the cache from this screen. The remaining space is then 1.28gb.  These are basically the steps I already found here for "Check Memory".  Was wondering if there is another way to clear any more space (like the system memory)? I'm not sure what that could specifically be and how to get rid of it. Also, would it just be a better idea to use a memory card?  If so, what size would be best?  Is it easy to transfer certain things to the card or would everything be saved to the card?  What a bother...
I just received and email stating that my Free Verizon Cloud service will expire next month.  These sort of things can certainly make customers to leave.  Isn't a cloud service a basic part of ha... See more...
I just received and email stating that my Free Verizon Cloud service will expire next month.  These sort of things can certainly make customers to leave.  Isn't a cloud service a basic part of having a smartphone?  It says if I want to keep the Cloud to store media (photos, videos, etc.), that plan is Verizon Cloud Premium costing $5/month for 500GB of storage. All of my stored media will be deleted except for contacts. At first I thought it was a spam email, but then saw other posts about it.  It's just ridiculous!
After I posted this question, I did go into the app and adjusted my Cloud settings as the video backup was not checked.  Thanks!
I have a few videos on my phone, but they do not show up on the Cloud.  The Cloud only shows my photos and contacts.  How do I get the videos to upload to my Cloud?
I actually think I solved the problem.  After reading about other phone issues people had, I tried to clear the cache for many of my apps including the internet browser.  What could it hurt?  It ... See more...
I actually think I solved the problem.  After reading about other phone issues people had, I tried to clear the cache for many of my apps including the internet browser.  What could it hurt?  It worked!  Now I am able to get on the web.  Maybe the message/popup appeared and affected by browser from a site (WebMD) I was last on when it first happened.  Thanks for reaching out to help though.  Hopefully this was a one-time thing.  I will remember to clear the cache/data often in the future.
If I click on my internet app or go to a link, a pop-up appears asking to download for android.  It is a black screen and picture of the android icon in green with a status bar moving back and fo... See more...
If I click on my internet app or go to a link, a pop-up appears asking to download for android.  It is a black screen and picture of the android icon in green with a status bar moving back and forth.  I cannot access anything via the internet because of this.  I cannot hit the "back" button or home key to get rid of it.  However, I can turn off the phone completely and restart it again, to get rid of it.  I was wondering if this is normal and/or safe to download.  Thanks for any advice.
Thanks for the insurance help.  So if I have no insurance and something should happen where the phone does not work, I could get find a used/new/refurbished phone on my own and have it activated?... See more...
Thanks for the insurance help.  So if I have no insurance and something should happen where the phone does not work, I could get find a used/new/refurbished phone on my own and have it activated?  I assume the info from my old phone could be backed up to the new phone?  Are phones on amazon (or other sites) fairly reasonably priced?
Ok, will look into it.  Not sure how they tested.  They had my phone behind the counter and plugged it in to a tester maybe?
At one point, I was told by Verizon that there is open enrollment to add insurance even after the 30 days. I do use the original charger.  When it first happened, I didn't know what to do and so ... See more...
At one point, I was told by Verizon that there is open enrollment to add insurance even after the 30 days. I do use the original charger.  When it first happened, I didn't know what to do and so I brought it to a local Verizon store for them to check out. They tested the battery and said it was fine. If it happens again (hopefully NOT) I will bring it in again to check the battery.  They probably tell me to buy a new phone...
Finally got a Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone in July 2014.  Since then the phone has "acted up" by going dead and not turning on unless I remove the battery and put it back. At that point there is ... See more...
Finally got a Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone in July 2014.  Since then the phone has "acted up" by going dead and not turning on unless I remove the battery and put it back. At that point there is 0% battery and is very hot.  After a full charge it works again.  It will be one year old very soon and also the end of the one year warranty.  Would it be worth it to get insurance now in case this happens again (fingers crossed that it doesn't though) and I am not able to start it up next time?  So many say that insurance is not worth it.  Then again, would it help if my phone does die or need repair?  I do not have another smartphone to reactivate in case it does happen again until my 2 year contract is up and I do not want to pay $600 for a new phone - who would. So confused. Any help/suggestions/options are welcome. Thanks!