Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,646 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

nursebsn14's Posts

At this point I'd rather have my data go a little slower than have a 170.00 phone bill for one phone. And I'm not burning anything close to what I used with Verizon in the course of a week. I hop... See more...
At this point I'd rather have my data go a little slower than have a 170.00 phone bill for one phone. And I'm not burning anything close to what I used with Verizon in the course of a week. I hope they resolve the issue but they won't even acknowledge it. Marchelle McCall Sent From My iPhone
That's all they're going to do. They told me when I complained that I never went over my data. Well no I didn't because I kept increasing it so I didn't have to pay overages. I'm done with Veriz... See more...
That's all they're going to do. They told me when I complained that I never went over my data. Well no I didn't because I kept increasing it so I didn't have to pay overages. I'm done with Verizon they're dead wrong and they need to address the issue directly.
Watch that data still. I turned my cellular data off too. When I turned it back on it would jump in the next few minutes after I would turn it back on while still on wifi. I also took pics of th... See more...
Watch that data still. I turned my cellular data off too. When I turned it back on it would jump in the next few minutes after I would turn it back on while still on wifi. I also took pics of the data going up with the data off while using wifi
I switched my service to sprint. Neither Apple or Verizon could identify why my phone was pulling so much data. Apple had the phone swapped and deemed t a hardware issue. I contacted Verizon and ... See more...
I switched my service to sprint. Neither Apple or Verizon could identify why my phone was pulling so much data. Apple had the phone swapped and deemed t a hardware issue. I contacted Verizon and asked for an adjust for three months of service back to the data plan I had prior to all of this, which may have been an adjustment of about 50.00 for the past three months. The supervisor told me that wasn't Verizon's fault that the iPhone has data issues and he would not adjust anything. I contacted Apple and they offered no resolution either. I referenced these forums with other people having the same issue and the reps and managers all sounded oblivious to what the forums even were. At this point Ive ported my main line over from Verizon and my sisters phone is coming off of Verizon along with my daughters tablet. I will be contacting their executive Vice President and also the federal trade commission to report this issue. I see a class action lawsuit coming against Verizon and Apple don't with the issue and stop passing the buck. Marchelle McCall Sent From My iPhone
Well, I spoke with an Apple rep and there was an article about the issue that I read a few days ago, but I didnt save it once I read it. The bottom line is these carriers are aware that there is ... See more...
Well, I spoke with an Apple rep and there was an article about the issue that I read a few days ago, but I didnt save it once I read it. The bottom line is these carriers are aware that there is a marked increase in data usage with these phones.  There was nothing said, at least for me that I needed to turn off cellular data, or perhaps there may be an increase in data,  or finally that I may alter any settings on the phone.  If providers are aware of this, plans need to be offered to offset the issue, similar to what Sprint has done offering an unlimited data plan specifically for the iPhone.  There is definitely an issue with these phones, and seeing how many forums there are dedicated to the issue, its not something one person is making up.  Heres an article I found when I did a search this morning.  Its not the one I read from Apple about the issue, but its similar. iPhone 5S is the most 'data-hungry' smart phone (+video) http://www.csmonitor.com/Innovation/2014/0123/iPhone-5S-is-the-most-data-hungry-smart-phone-video
Well Im sorry that the four other forums you subscribe to haven't mentioned this, but seeing as Apple has confirmed this, as well as there are several forums addressing this issue, you may need t... See more...
Well Im sorry that the four other forums you subscribe to haven't mentioned this, but seeing as Apple has confirmed this, as well as there are several forums addressing this issue, you may need to update them.  Starting with the iphone 5, Apple designed the phone to revert back to cellular data when the phone becomes idle because its supposed to save battery life.  The information is there, if you look for it...but in my case I was told directly by an Apple rep. Androids are now designed to do the same thing as well, there is just an option on the phone to turn it off.  Apple users do not have that option, as its built  into the phone.
I had the cellular data turned off and I watched the numbers continue to go up...while the data was off and on wifi.  I went back into the store again and they called into tech support for me and... See more...
I had the cellular data turned off and I watched the numbers continue to go up...while the data was off and on wifi.  I went back into the store again and they called into tech support for me and I was so graciously informed by the rep ( once I point blank asked) that beginning with the 5th generation iPhone, once the screen goes black/idle, the phone automatically switches back over to the cellular network.  I was floored and really had to get my thoughts together afterwards.  At this point it seems to be more of an issue with Apple.  But if these carriers choose to promote the phone, they need to offer plans to suit these phones since unlike the android, apple users cant turn the option of for the phone to switch between the wifi and cellular.  Also, when I turn off the cellular data, some of my messages and other alerts are not coming through even on wifi.  I have a child and I cant risk not getting an alert or email from her school because I have to sit and baby sit my data usage on my phone.  These are supposed to be smart phones, but the only thing they're smart enough to do is burn a hole in our pockets every month paying for more and more data.
I tried to DM you and the system would not let me, perhaps Im doing something wrong.  But here is what I wrote in my response: I was told to DM someone about my issue with the 5c.  I have been t... See more...
I tried to DM you and the system would not let me, perhaps Im doing something wrong.  But here is what I wrote in my response: I was told to DM someone about my issue with the 5c.  I have been taking pictures of my data usage since Friday and it clearly shows that my cellular data is increasing even while on wifi. Also, I have been calling for months about this issue. The rep from Verizon who ran the analysis on the phone a few months ago offered me no resolution after she politely told me something was running in the background for six hours a day.  I barely sleep six hours a day let alone have time to sit on my phone for that long every day.  I asked her after she relayed that information what I should do and she said I'm not sure.  After calling Verizon customer support this past Wednesday, the store manager in Strongsville, OH contacted Apple support who ran an analysis and could not pin point where the data usage was coming from.  They deemed it a hardware issue and replaced the phone.  Unfortunately, its still doing the same thing, so at this point it seems to be a network issue.  At this point, Verizon owes me an adjustment.  I have proof that the network has issues.  If I am on wifi, the cellular data should not move.  No matter how small the increase, if this is happening on a daily basis, it can eventually lead to overages.  Im not paying another dime of this bill until an adjustment is done and a resolution is reached.  If you need me to email the pics Ive taken I can. Sprint, Tmobile or AT&T are looking like better options at this point if this doesn't get resolved.
Im up to 15gb of data month.  This is an issue seeing as when I had my 4s I barely it 2.5gb/month
Did you ever resolve this issue? Im having the same exact issue and Im ready to switch to a new provider
So I had the 4s until last October and upgraded to the 5c.  Since then, I have watched my data usage skyrocket and I am now up to 15gb of data for my single line.  I have called Verizon several t... See more...
So I had the 4s until last October and upgraded to the 5c.  Since then, I have watched my data usage skyrocket and I am now up to 15gb of data for my single line.  I have called Verizon several times to question it, and they finally did an analysis on the line only to tell me some mystery thing is running six hours a day.  I have wi-fi at home, school and work.  I started turning off the cellular data when I was on wifi just to see what would happen and within five minutes of turning the cellular data back on, while still on wi-f the usage goes up.  Now if Im on wi-fi my cellular data shouldn't be moving at all.  Apple replaced the phone in the last 24 hours so this is a new phone, this is clearly an issue with Verizon's network, and this compay owes me a refund being it took them five months to even get someone on the phone to say exchange the phone because Verizon nor apple could explain where this excessive data usage was coming from.  This is an issue that Verizon needs to deal with and I will be contacting them today, because they need to explain why their network is charging me for usage when connected to a wifi network.  I have all but turned off every feature on the phone and the data usage continues to rise.  Sprints service is nowhere near as good, but I will switch if it means saving 120+ a month in charges.
So I had the 4s until last October and upgraded to the 5c.  Since then, I have watched my data usage skyrocket and I am now up to 15gb of data for my single line.  I have called Verizion several ... See more...
So I had the 4s until last October and upgraded to the 5c.  Since then, I have watched my data usage skyrocket and I am now up to 15gb of data for my single line.  I have called Verizion several times to question it, and they finally did an analysis on the line only to tell me some mystery thing is running six hours a day.  I have wi-fi at home, school and work.  I started turning off the cellular data when I was on wifi just to see what would happen and within five minutes of turning the cellular data back on, while still on wi-f the usage goes up.  Now if Im on wi-fi my cellular data sholdnt be moving at all.  This is an issue that VEriszion needs to deal with and I will be contacting them today, because they need to explain why their network is charging me for usage when connected to a wifi network.  I have all but turned off every feature on the phone and the data usage continues to rise.  Sprints service is nowhere near as good, but I will switch if it means saving 120+ a month in charges.