Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,134 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

thejester77's Posts

Waiting for Verizon to release updates on a reasonable time table has become a complete failure.  If you only have a couple technicians in house testing the 4-5 devices you only carry and it take... See more...
Waiting for Verizon to release updates on a reasonable time table has become a complete failure.  If you only have a couple technicians in house testing the 4-5 devices you only carry and it takes this long, there's a problem with your technicians. If you don't want to allocate the time, money and resources to a platform that your sales reps never push or even mention in stores, or on your website or over the phone, I think it's time to either drop the line completely or turn to the Windows Phone Community to do your job for you. I think it's time that Verizon takes a queue from Microsoft and opens up testing of updates and firmware to any and all Windows Phone Users that want to help the cause and better support the platform in the process.  You can have your legal department draft up a clause that releases Verizon of any liability if a user opts to test updates or firmware.  What else better than to have the Community help in the cause (in masses) over the limited few technicians you have in house testing out the updates and firmware.  You will get all the feedback you will need to make a proper decision as to push the updates or firmware or go back to Microsoft and make fixes to any/all bugs that are found. In a technological age we live in, to not take advantage of a community of users who would be more than willing to test out products, goods, services, you are just shooting yourself in the foot. If you look at the numbers of how many users signed up to be part of Microsoft's Developer Preview app, you will see that there are millions of users willing to take the risk in order to help the cause while being a part of the testing process, making the platform better in the long run. It's time for change, it's time to embrace the community, it's time to respond at let the community know one way or another if we are going to get updates and firmware in a timely manner... and not just one update or firmware in a year cycle. Windows (9) is going to be released to the general public as Technical Preview on September 30, and you can guarantee that millions of users are going to download the OS and test it out and submit feedback via the OS and Microsoft's Community Forum in order to make it a success...  So why don't you Verizon do the same and open up beta testing of updates and firmware to the Windows Phone Community here!!! Think about it, take a poll... but do something, one way or another... It's time to stop keeping us paying customers in the dark regarding updates and firmware that improves the experience, enhances our devices and provides the security that we need for our phones.  If you take good care of us, we will continue to be customers, renew our contracts or even sign up for Verizon Edge Accounts. But if you keep us in the dark, you can guarantee that you will get customers leaving when there contracts are up because Windows Phone Users are loyal to Windows Phone... PERIOD!!! Waiting for Tidbits and Elector to grace my post with there constant negativity and start a war of words as usual... since they love stirring the pot and angering the Windows Phone Community every time they reply to posts.  I just can't believe they spend that much time here on the forums replying if they are not a paid Verizon employee or a paid basher from a competing platform.
When the Lumia 928 was first released, there was a spec sheet online at Verizon that mentioned that Lumia 928 phones will have the capability to connect to XLTE when the service goes live via fir... See more...
When the Lumia 928 was first released, there was a spec sheet online at Verizon that mentioned that Lumia 928 phones will have the capability to connect to XLTE when the service goes live via firmware update. What is the time frame of this update being pushed out/released??? Thank you...
Verizon, Give unhappy Windows Phone 7 users an option to terminate our accounts early!!! AT&T has a program that they allow unhappy users a chance to terminate there accounts early for a fee. ... See more...
Verizon, Give unhappy Windows Phone 7 users an option to terminate our accounts early!!! AT&T has a program that they allow unhappy users a chance to terminate there accounts early for a fee. I believe they charge $35, maybe more... But they at least stand behind there products. To lock us all in for 2 years and not support this device as much as you do the Droid or iPhone is unacceptable. So what I am proposing is create a way for us unhappy Windows Phone 7 users an opportunity to leave and go somewhere else.  Since you remain silent on the subject of Windows Phone 7 devices and any/all future releases, I'm asking that you give us all unsatisified, unhappy paying customers the opportunity to leave.  Just like a divorce in marriage. I'm unhappy with the way Windows Phone 7 has been treated by the Verizon network, and want to leave!!! Let me pay a REASONABLE early termination fee to leave, since Verizon (on your end) haven't lived up to your side of this marriage!!! TheJester77
Verizon, You decided to drag you feet, promote the crap out of Android and stop supporting Windows Phone 7. So I converted 10 of my family members over yesterday to AT&T for the Nokia Lumia 900... See more...
Verizon, You decided to drag you feet, promote the crap out of Android and stop supporting Windows Phone 7. So I converted 10 of my family members over yesterday to AT&T for the Nokia Lumia 900. I got them $100 credit towards the Nokia Lumia 900 which AT&T was charging $99 dollars for the phone on Pre-Order. So my family members only had to pay $36 for the activation fee. Verizon, you had your chance.  You had multiple chances.  If you truly wanted an LTE Windows Phone 7 from Microsoft, you could have easily worked something out with them, just like AT&T did. All the information has been leaked out, Apollo/Windows Phone 8 was supposed to have LTE but because AT&T showed that they really were interested in Windows Phone 7 and actually carring a lineup of Windows Phone 7, Microsoft worked it out for them. So you can take all your Droid crap that you have heavily invested in, along with all your iPhone 4s that keep hogging all the bandwidth on your network and stick it were the sun don't shine. I promise you this, when my contract is done I will be terminating my account in FULL and switching over to AT&T as well. To not even stand behind a product that we all have signed 2 year contracts with is unacceptable for the price were paying.  To hold back all updates besides Mango is unacceptable just to lock in new 2 year contracts.  And I'm talking about Droid too. Carriers should not be in controll of phone updates PERIOD!!!  Updates should be released from the OS Manufactures just like on computers.  This business model that the industry has created is a SCAM, JOKE and an INSULT to everyone that puts there hard earned money up for phone service. Verizon, you have lost all respect in my book, and I will do everything possible to get everyone and everybody I talk to away from your network. Only way to solve this issue is to address the Windows Phone 7 community and actually annouce something, PERIOD!!!  Release the 8107 update as a good faith measure and issue a press release stating your business model regarding Windows Phone 7... Unless you want more dollars going to AT&T. Also, latest news shows that Android only made $22million in revenues last year, and spend $20 billion acquiring Motorola.  So I don't see Andriod being able to do much in the year 2012 to ramp things up to compete against Windows Phone 7/Nokia and Apple. Do Something, NOW!!! CAN YOU HEAR US NOW!!! Also, here's another suggestion... Do like AT&T has done and give users a early termination fee to get out of there contracts.  I believe they charge $35 dollars or something higher if your not satisified and want to terminate your contract early. Since you don't want to support or offer any more Windows Phone 7, why keep us as unhappy customers.  Give us an option to pay a early termination fee and leave!!! TheJester77
jleebiker I asked musu123 above in the replies if he got the Verizon update first and then updated to 7.10.8107 or did he update to 7.10.8107 first and then got lucky and got the Verizon Updat... See more...
jleebiker I asked musu123 above in the replies if he got the Verizon update first and then updated to 7.10.8107 or did he update to 7.10.8107 first and then got lucky and got the Verizon Update... He said he had updated 7.10.8107 a couple days ago and got the Verizon update today.  That's why I asked where everyone's location is...  I think they push the updates out to the East Coast first... TheJester77
jleebiker I've had 7.10.8107.79 installed for over 2 weeks now...  So I hoping to receive Verizon's Update tonight... And as of right now, without Verizon's update... I have all the same... See more...
jleebiker I've had 7.10.8107.79 installed for over 2 weeks now...  So I hoping to receive Verizon's Update tonight... And as of right now, without Verizon's update... I have all the same if you do... Not the Verizon Update Firmware/Radio: Firmware: 2305.13.20110.605 Radio: 1.53.00.12.01_23.17w.05.13U So I'm hoping that we get it...  At least the good news is that others that already updated to 7.10.8107.79 are receiving it... I hope we get it soon... TheJester77
musu123 Thanx for the quick reply... I too am going on a trip and would like this update before I leave... Trying to push it, but no luck yet...  I at least backed my phone up and ready ... See more...
musu123 Thanx for the quick reply... I too am going on a trip and would like this update before I leave... Trying to push it, but no luck yet...  I at least backed my phone up and ready for when it hits... TheJester77
musu123 Did you update the OS to 7.10.8107.79 after the Verizon update, or did you get the update with 7.10.8107.79 already installed on your Phone??? Also, everyone that's received it... A... See more...
musu123 Did you update the OS to 7.10.8107.79 after the Verizon update, or did you get the update with 7.10.8107.79 already installed on your Phone??? Also, everyone that's received it... Are you on the East Coast, West Coast, in the Middle??? Thanx, TheJester77
The update has nothing to do with my service issues with Verizon for the last year.  I'm giving Verizon till the update is released and installed to see if my service gets any better. My probl... See more...
The update has nothing to do with my service issues with Verizon for the last year.  I'm giving Verizon till the update is released and installed to see if my service gets any better. My problems have existed for over a year and with 2 different phones...  So what I was talking about was my service/coverage.  The update is just the final excuse I'm giving Verizon before I terminate my contract. Like I said before, Verizon can look up my account and see that the coverage I have been paying for hasn't been the greatest.  Dropped calls, no coverage, loss of data/text/voicemails, etc. I understand what your saying, but my business situation is about coverage/service and not about a 2 year contract because I upgraded a phone, which one was a free upgrade and the other I paid $99. All and all it's about the service that I'm paying for and that's the contract Verizon would like to hold me too, just like that's the contract that I'm holding them too.  That's all...  But I have faith that the update is the magical fix that so many of us are waiting for, and If it works... I'm happy for now. I love my HTC Trophy and just want the service/coverage that my company is paying for.  Now if Verizon will just get off there high Droid horse and acquire some higher-end Windows Phone 7 devices... I and many other Windows Phone 7 users will be happy and happy upgrading another 2 year contract for a better phone. Good news just came out today that states that AT&T only has a 90 day exclusivity and us Verizon customers might get lucky and get a Nokia 900 with a 12 meg camera... Maybe... We can only hope... TheJester77
Honestly/Legally... If Verizon was to pull up my phone records and see all the problems I have had with there service in the last year, I think that should be enough to legally break my contra... See more...
Honestly/Legally... If Verizon was to pull up my phone records and see all the problems I have had with there service in the last year, I think that should be enough to legally break my contract and not be held financially for early termination. I use to have T-Mobile for business, and they swore up and down that they had coverage in Mexico... I even called T-Mobile up before my business trips to Mexico to make sure that I was covered in there computer systems for Mexico because I heard all the horror stories. Sure enough, I went to Mexico on a business trip and had no coverage... Even after I physically called them and had the tech support swore that they added that coverage to my phone/account... I ALWAYS TELL THE TECH SUPPORT TO PUT A NOTE ON MY ACCOUNT REGARDING EVERYTHING WE DISCUSS DURNING A CALL... I had no coverage and when I came back to the states I terminated my contract because T-Mobile didn't provide me the coverage/service that I pay for. NO DIFFERENCE HERE WITH VERIZON!!! I pay Verizon enough money to make sure that I receive my calls for business/personal, and pay the cost for my text messages as well...  To miss business calls and yet alone a call from family telling me a relative was in a car accident and is in the hospital is unacceptable.  Hard reset your phone and everything will be just fine...  UNACCEPTABLE!!! So if this update does not fix the network/data/service problems... You can guarantee that I am going to terminate my contract early with Verizon... And I have no problem legally going after them if they try and force me to an early termination of contract... We all pay for working service and should recieve it... If you can't provide your customers with the service they pay for, you can't hold them to a contract that your supposed to be providing them with... That's business 101 and it doesn't matter if your a business account or a personal account!!! Contracts are 2 way...  Regardless of all the legal bumbo jumbo...  Breaking your contract early because you want to go somewhere else is one thing, but breaking it because they are not providing you the service you pay for is another... TheJester77
I always backup my phone first... so god for bid something happens, I can restore back and not lose a thing... And don't get caught up in all the hype that these updates are hard for the ca... See more...
I always backup my phone first... so god for bid something happens, I can restore back and not lose a thing... And don't get caught up in all the hype that these updates are hard for the carriers to deal with.  There not, but can be tricky when you manually do them if you don't install them in the right sequence. These updates are not rocket science at all... Only because each carrier has different networks, they have to test first.  But because Verizon doesn't care about Windows Phone 7, they don't have alot of techies behind the scenes using the phone, hence testing and sending authorization back to Microsoft takes forever.  But it's still Microsoft who pushes the updates to our phone, not Verizon.  So I just want Verizon to prioritize the testing so they can give it back to Microsoft to push to all of us... Honestly, all the updates I've manually installed have worked with no problem.  These are the same Updates that they send to each Manufacture, OEM, and Carrier.  The only difference on the Mango release on Verizon was the Verizon Theme Color... That's all, so why did it take so long... hmm...  And maybe the switching around of the HTC Attentive Ringing now embedded into the settings vs it being a standalone app.  But HTC gave that back to Microsoft after they tested Mango, so once again it was Verizon that delayed... It's like all the windows updates for your computer, the update doesn't care if your computer is a Sony, Dell, Toshiba, ASUS, etc. Only if your computer is 32bit or 64bit, and Windows detects the difference and we don't have to worry about that with our phones.  Now the only changes in the future regarding updates will be for dual core processors. But Microsoft is going to release two seperate updates when that time comes, update1 for single cores and update2 for dual cores. But the OS here is extremely smart and easy for Microsoft to program our phones... The updates for Windows Phone 7 right now are not different, besides carriers dealing with other languages for foreign markets. TheJester77
When I did the research, there were iPhone and Droids experiencing this issue too, but it seems like months or a year ago... And a hard reset fixed there problems, but I have read numerous HTC Tr... See more...
When I did the research, there were iPhone and Droids experiencing this issue too, but it seems like months or a year ago... And a hard reset fixed there problems, but I have read numerous HTC Trophy users that have had to hard reset there phones now 4+ times and the problem still exists...  So there's a problem with the coding on Verizon's side and that's why they have there own Software Update that they are going to release. Now, this problem has also happen to AT&T users too... So it's a network issue but it seems like it happens to AT&T users when traveling.  And only a small hand full. I went on a road trip through 4 states and that's when my Data/Network issue started happening...  This update is needed and I hope Verizon releases it soon cause I missed a bunch of important calls... One being a family member was in a nasty car accident and was in the hospital on life support!!!  Talk about a shocker there!!! VERIZON RELEASE THE TROPHY UPDATE NOW!!! TheJester77
Hi Everybody... Here's a 3rd party backup software for all who dread/hate thinking about losing there data, apps, texts, etc... before hard resetting your phone. http://ultimate-networx.net/?p... See more...
Hi Everybody... Here's a 3rd party backup software for all who dread/hate thinking about losing there data, apps, texts, etc... before hard resetting your phone. http://ultimate-networx.net/?p=382&lang=en I have used this many of times before manually updating my Windows Phone 7 because I can't wait for Verizon to decide if we should get an update or not... Or there excuse is test the update first before deciding if we need it.  Even worse, Verizon Tech's don't even know this phone or OS enough to know what to look for, so why should they have final decision over what we really need and that is our UPDATES... I have manually updated my phone about a week ago to (7.10.8107) hoping that that would fix the data connection issue... It didn't, but the disappearing keyboard is now fixed as well as other fixes to the OS which make the phone run so much better.  If you decided you can't wait for the keyboard fix update (7.10.8107), MAKE SURE YOU READ THE INSTRUCTIONS and INSTALL THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND ANY OTHER LANGUAGE YOU HAVE CHECK MARKED IN THE KEYBOARD SETTINGS OF THE PHONE.  If not, you won't be able to access the calling features of the phone (meaning if you hit phone/verizon wireless icon it will hang and then go back to the home screen).  Also, you will have to update the phone to (7.10.7740.16) first (no language cabs needed). That's where the backup software comes in handy, always and I mean always backup your phone first.  This 3rd party app only backs up the data, contacts, apps but No Zune Media (music, pictures or videos... but Zune remembers all your stuff so once you reconnect your phone back to Zune it will sync you files back to the phone) Now, the reason for this post.... Verizon knows of this issue and is going to be releasing a very important Software Update which will address our DATA/NETWORK PROBLEMS!!!  Here's the link http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/trophy.html And here's the version number that they will be releasing:  new software update, 2305.13.20110.605; Radio: 1.53.00.12.01_23.17w.05.13U, for your HTC Trophy with Windows® Phone. Now the Million Dollar Question is this...  Is this update also going to have the disappearing keyboard fix... I don't know the answer 100% but the version numer is higher then (7.10.8107) I think...  the (2305.13.20110.605) is totally not a number that fall into suit with the rest of Microsoft's updates... And I have not seen this pop up in the Dude, Where's My Update App database...  So I'm thinking that someone at Verizon screwed this up when creating the PDF, which wouldn't surprise me since Verizon barely knows anything about this phone or OS. TheJester77
Hi Everybody... This is the issue I have been trying to address for the last month... https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/766732#766732 Hard resetting your phone is an unacceptabl... See more...
Hi Everybody... This is the issue I have been trying to address for the last month... https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/766732#766732 Hard resetting your phone is an unacceptable answer, especially the individuals who have done it 4 or 5 times now with the problem still happening.  It's a data/network issue on Verizon that they wanted to pass the buck to HTC and Microsoft.  But I have done the research and it happens to iPhones and Droids on Verizon as well. Here's a 3rd party backup software for all who dread/hate thinking about losing there data, apps, texts, etc... before hard resetting your phone. http://ultimate-networx.net/?p=382&lang=en I have used this many of times before manually updating my Windows Phone 7 because I can't wait for Verizon to decide if we should get an update or not... Or there excuse is test the update first before deciding if we need it.  Even worse, Verizon Tech's don't even know this phone or OS enough to know what to look for, so why should they have final decision over what we really need and that is our UPDATES... I have manually updated my phone about a week ago to (7.10.8107) hoping that that would fix the data connection issue... It didn't, but the disappearing keyboard is now fixed as well as other fixes to the OS which make the phone run so much better.  If you decided you can't wait for the keyboard fix update (7.10.8107), MAKE SURE YOU READ THE INSTRUCTIONS and INSTALL THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND ANY OTHER LANGUAGE YOU HAVE CHECK MARKED IN THE KEYBOARD SETTINGS OF THE PHONE.  If not, you won't be able to access the calling features of the phone (meaning if you hit phone/verizon wireless icon it will hang and then go back to the home screen).  Also, you will have to update the phone to (7.10.7740.16) first (no language cabs needed). That's where the backup software comes in handy, always and I mean always backup your phone first.  This 3rd party app only backs up the data, contacts, apps but No Zune Media (music, pictures or videos... but Zune remembers all your stuff so once you reconnect your phone back to Zune it will sync you files back to the phone) Now, the reason for this post.... Verizon knows of this issue and is going to be releasing a very important Software Update which will address our DATA/NETWORK PROBLEMS!!!  Here's the link http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/trophy.html And here's the version number that they will be releasing:  new software update, 2305.13.20110.605; Radio: 1.53.00.12.01_23.17w.05.13U, for your HTC Trophy with Windows® Phone. Now the Million Dollar Question is this...  Is this update also going to have the disappearing keyboard fix... I don't know the answer 100% but the version numer is higher then (7.10.8107) I think...  the (2305.13.20110.605) is totally not a number that fall into suit with the rest of Microsoft's updates... And I have not seen this pop up in the Dude, Where's My Update App database...  So I'm thinking that someone at Verizon screwed this up when creating the PDF, which wouldn't surprise me since Verizon barely knows anything about this phone or OS. So folks, I hope this helps...  And VERIZON IF YOUR READING/LISTENING, RELEASE THIS UPDATE NOW!!! NOT WEEKS OR MONTHS FROM NOW!!! I literally have to dial into my voicemail just to: A) Reconnect to Verizon Network B) Push my data to the phone C) Recieve my Voicemails (which I don't even get the calls or date/time stamp on the voicemail) D) Text Messages Verizon, this is UNACCEPTABLE and YOU NEED TO RELEASE THIS UPDATE NOW!!! TheJester77
Hi Everybody... This is the issue I have been trying to address for the last month... https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/766732#766732 Hard resetting your phone is an unacceptabl... See more...
Hi Everybody... This is the issue I have been trying to address for the last month... https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/766732#766732 Hard resetting your phone is an unacceptable answer, especially the individuals who have done it 4 or 5 times now with the problem still happening.  It's a data/network issue on Verizon that they wanted to pass the buck to HTC and Microsoft.  But I have done the research and it happens to iPhones and Droids on Verizon as well. Here's a 3rd party backup software for all who dread/hate thinking about losing there data, apps, texts, etc... before hard resetting your phone. http://ultimate-networx.net/?p=382&lang=en I have used this many of times before manually updating my Windows Phone 7 because I can't wait for Verizon to decide if we should get an update or not... Or there excuse is test the update first before deciding if we need it.  Even worse, Verizon Tech's don't even know this phone or OS enough to know what to look for, so why should they have final decision over what we really need and that is our UPDATES... I have manually updated my phone about a week ago to (7.10.8107) hoping that that would fix the data connection issue... It didn't, but the disappearing keyboard is now fixed as well as other fixes to the OS which make the phone run so much better.  If you decided you can't wait for the keyboard fix update (7.10.8107), MAKE SURE YOU READ THE INSTRUCTIONS and INSTALL THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND ANY OTHER LANGUAGE YOU HAVE CHECK MARKED IN THE KEYBOARD SETTINGS OF THE PHONE.  If not, you won't be able to access the calling features of the phone (meaning if you hit phone/verizon wireless icon it will hang and then go back to the home screen).  Also, you will have to update the phone to (7.10.7740.16) first (no language cabs needed). That's where the backup software comes in handy, always and I mean always backup your phone first.  This 3rd party app only backs up the data, contacts, apps but No Zune Media (music, pictures or videos... but Zune remembers all your stuff so once you reconnect your phone back to Zune it will sync you files back to the phone) Now, the reason for this post.... Verizon knows of this issue and is going to be releasing a very important Software Update which will address our DATA/NETWORK PROBLEMS!!!  Here's the link http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/trophy.html And here's the version number that they will be releasing:  new software update, 2305.13.20110.605; Radio: 1.53.00.12.01_23.17w.05.13U, for your HTC Trophy with Windows® Phone. Now the Million Dollar Question is this...  Is this update also going to have the disappearing keyboard fix... I don't know the answer 100% but the version numer is higher then (7.10.8107) I think...  the (2305.13.20110.605) is totally not a number that fall into suit with the rest of Microsoft's updates... And I have not seen this pop up in the Dude, Where's My Update App database...  So I'm thinking that someone at Verizon screwed this up when creating the PDF, which wouldn't surprise me since Verizon barely knows anything about this phone or OS. So folks, I hope this helps...  And VERIZON IF YOUR READING/LISTENING, RELEASE THIS UPDATE NOW!!! NOT WEEKS OR MONTHS FROM NOW!!! I literally have to dial into my voicemail just to: A) Reconnect to Verizon Network B) Push my data to the phone C) Recieve my Voicemails (which I don't even get the calls or date/time stamp on the voicemail) D) Text Messages Verizon, this is UNACCEPTABLE and YOU NEED TO RELEASE THIS UPDATE NOW!!! TheJester77
Hi First Timer... I saw your post and wanted to reply asap so that you can enjoy the features of this phone...  Here's a bunch of links to help put you in the right direction and well as some... See more...
Hi First Timer... I saw your post and wanted to reply asap so that you can enjoy the features of this phone...  Here's a bunch of links to help put you in the right direction and well as some tips to help you on the way.  Don't listen to the name sayers, Windows Phone 7 is the bomb and you will start to enjoy all the magic once you get on your way. First, setup a windows live account... and setup Zune PC for your desktop or Mac Computer... You will need this to install updates, add music, pictures and videos to your Zune Player on the Phone. To delete text messages, hold down the text in question and wait for the options to open up or open the text and hit the (...) in the lower right hand corner.  Tricks:  Anytime you have a question, hit the (...) in the lower right hand corner and all your options will pop up. Regarding Ringtones... Go to the marketplace, hit the (SEARCH ICON) on the bottom middle and search for (Free Ringtones) app by Astech Software... Really cool app with alots of real (PROPER) ringtones.  Has a built in search feature to find artists or sounds your looking for.  I'm really big into Trance/Electronic Music which is really hard to find and this app had alot of my Dj's in it. Here's a bunch of links to help you along the way: Microsoft Windows Phone 7 http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/default.aspx Microsoft Windows Phone 7:  Help and How To http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/default.aspx Microsoft Windows Phone 7:  My Phone https://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/my Note:  Once you have a windows live account you can trace your phone if ever lost, see all the apps you have installed and reinstall if you ever lose or replace phone, see all your achievements from XBox Live and XBox 360 games... and much, much more!!! WP7 Easy Backup... 3rd Party Windows Phone 7 backup tool http://ultimate-networx.net/?p=382&lang=en Note:  I have used this numerous times to backup my phone before manually installing Windows Phone 7 updates...  It only backup's your data, apps, contacts but not your Zune Media (music, videos or pictures).  If you ever restore your backup file, all you have to do is reopen Zune Player on your PC/Mac and Zune will resync (reload all your music, videos and pictures again).  Microsoft will have a backup feature in later updates... That's the important stuff for the mean time... If you need anymore help, tips or tricks... Reply to your post and I will check and reply...  Verizon should hire me to help out with support... I know more about this phone and OS then there level 2 does... TheJester77
On Mango, had Mango installed months before Microsoft released.  Like I said before, nothing has changed on the phone, everything remained the same.  Something on Verizon's side has changed, and ... See more...
On Mango, had Mango installed months before Microsoft released.  Like I said before, nothing has changed on the phone, everything remained the same.  Something on Verizon's side has changed, and if you read current articiles on the net and in the papers, Verizon has a data issue going on.  The fact that I have to dial into the voicemail service just to get my data pushed to the phone says it all...  I'm not the only one having this problem.  I have 3 family members all experiencing this problem along with 8 friends as well... Regarding Warranty...  If you think gettting a certified factory refurbished phone is a proper replacement for a phone you paid in full, so be it...  But if you were to go to any retail store, like a Best Buy... they would give you a brand new phone or brand new replacement, not a factory reburished phone.  That's not cool!!! The fact that Verizon hasn't stood behind this phone or platform is an absolute joke.  And to find out that they passed on all LTE phones that are coming out in 2012 is absolutely unacceptable.  Just because Verizon is not making 50% on each Windows Phone 7 is not a acceptable answer. Now that Droid has lost the patent wars in court and is no longer able to sell their platform in the United States anymore I was surely excepting Verizon to pick up there skirt and go all in on the Windows Phone 7 platform but to see that they once again decided to give there customers the middle finger, they just don't care about the customer anymore.  To sell Droids like bottle water knowing that there's 90% lack of security in the OS and to push each sales customer in their stores to push it, tells you everything right there... They just don't care about their customers and only care about pleasing there shareholders. Once again, there's always a game going on behind the scenes.  Just look at there $2 charge that they were trying to push upon there customers for paying there bills online.  That didn't last long, and I'm hoping that my words along with others can sway the balance beam of change...  I can only hope...
Starting about 3 weeks ago, I stopped receiving text messages and even worse stopped receiving calls yet alone my voicemails.  I have changed not one thing to my phone, everything is exactly the ... See more...
Starting about 3 weeks ago, I stopped receiving text messages and even worse stopped receiving calls yet alone my voicemails.  I have changed not one thing to my phone, everything is exactly the way it was before the issues arised.  Now I have to trick my phone to receive my data by dialing into my voicemail...  And then what do you know, 30 text mesages, 12 voicemails!!! The voicemails wont even tell you the date or time stamp (the time the voicemail was received).  After numerous *228 and talking with level 2 over the holidays, I see a huge article on multiple news sites stating Verizon is having data issues...  Dropped calls, loss of data, no signal while all our phone keep showing full bars and 3g.  Verizon stated its only happening on there 4gLTE system and not 3G but thats a load of crap. All one has to do is a google search of loss of text messages or voicemails on Verizon and you will see 100's up to 1000's of users like you and me all experiencing the same issues.  And not just with Windows Phone 7, but with there baby Driod and iPhone as well. What really ****** me off is that Verizon loves to play the blame game or pass the buck game.  Hard Reset your phone and that will solve the problem...  Yeah Right.  If this was our OS and we updated a driver that changed the OS in the background I can see that being the solution.  But for the 100's or 1000's of users that go to work daily, check there emails and text daily, and haven't changed one thing on the phone... THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!! Now I read an articile for someone extermely close to Microsoft stating that Verizon turned down Nokia's new 4GLTE phone because they have no faith in the operating system and I have to think that maybe behind the scenes Verizon is trying to force us off Windows Phone 7 platform with data issue behind the scene and try to get us all into the Droid Platform which they make 50% of the cash off the phone just like the iPhone... This is a joke, and I am really starting to think about going to ATT and getting the HTC Titan or the new Nokia 900.  I have already research a 3 party app that will allow you to backup and restore your phone.  And just read that Microsoft just put out an ad for backup, restore and cloud backup programmers for this latest feature. Verizon the games need to stop, Verizon you need to stand behind this Platform, Verizon you need to provide better service for all us 3G users!!! TheJester77