Went down to my local verizon store to switch carriers because my employer offers a nice discount. Talked to the rep who was very nice and helpful. I asked his help with picking out the right pl... Ver más...
Went down to my local verizon store to switch carriers because my employer offers a nice discount. Talked to the rep who was very nice and helpful. I asked his help with picking out the right plan. He was nice enough to lay out all the plans for me. Except when he did this, he failed to factor my discount price in the basic plans. He did however factor in my discount to the higher end and to the bundle plans. Which made it appear that for almost the same price I could have a free tablet and a free hotspot with access to the network. I went ahead and signed up for the higher end plan and the bundle package. Once I started digging around and crunching the numbers, I later realized the sales rep either accidently mislead me, or did so purposely to sell the bigger package. Then there is the extra $40 activation fees per device ($80 total), which was never mentioned in store. To make matters worse, the tablet I received is a generation older than what is advertised on the website, and I was charged $50 more than what is listed on the website. I realize that some of this is my fault for not being an informed consumer, but these seem like immoral business practices to me. I'm hoping to be able to return the tablet and the hotspot without many fees (activation and restocking fees) These items were purchased less than a week ago. I've heard many good things from other people about verizon customer service and I'm hoping this all can get rectified.