Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,043 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

wingedmonkeys's Posts

Why then does Verizon tout the 4G network if it eats up data at such an alarming pace? And how could opening a 48k PDF file consumer so much more data on 4G than on 3G? Sorry, Robin, your answer ... See more...
Why then does Verizon tout the 4G network if it eats up data at such an alarming pace? And how could opening a 48k PDF file consumer so much more data on 4G than on 3G? Sorry, Robin, your answer doesn't cut it
I receive primarily business email which typically doesn't include photos. There may be attachments, but not large files - PDFs and Word or excel files. This kind of a spike in data usage doesn't... See more...
I receive primarily business email which typically doesn't include photos. There may be attachments, but not large files - PDFs and Word or excel files. This kind of a spike in data usage doesn't make sense to me.
No, no answer, and frankly the answer I see that Verizon Wireless has offered you is insufficient. I don't use Youtube or other data-intensive apps that use video or audio files via VW's data net... See more...
No, no answer, and frankly the answer I see that Verizon Wireless has offered you is insufficient. I don't use Youtube or other data-intensive apps that use video or audio files via VW's data network. I'm checking email and checking one or two news apps, including a weather app. Looking back at my data usage prior to getting the iPhone 6, my data usage was about 269 MG per month, using the network probably 4 hours daily. Without making any changes whatsoever in my habits, within 30 minutes of using my iPhone on VW's 4G network, I have used 40 MB of data! That's just crazy.
Like numerous people, I'm frustrated by the fact that my data usage has unaccountably gone through the roof. I traded in an ancient iPhone 4 with unlimited data for an iPhone 6 in November 2014. ... See more...
Like numerous people, I'm frustrated by the fact that my data usage has unaccountably gone through the roof. I traded in an ancient iPhone 4 with unlimited data for an iPhone 6 in November 2014. I figured I'd be fine with 1G of data since there has never been a point when I've exceeded 300 MB during a one-month billing cycle. Since February 2011 I used my iPhone daily for work, primarily for email, but also visiting a few web pages, and reading news via a few apps.  I haven't changed my habits at all since acquiring the iPhone 6. In a single day when I first got my phone I used 90MB of data - almost a 1/3 of what I would use in a heavy month with my old phone! I've made all the adjustments and changes on my device that I possibly can to keep my usage under 1GB, but it's become really inhibiting. Checking email and looking at 5 web pages eats up 30 MB of data within 15 minutes - that can't be right. Wifi isn't always available and I need to be able to check email and perform other functions using data for work and business purposes. I'm ready to switch to another carrier. What is going on??? And based on all the complaints, why won't Verizon do something to rein this in?